Tyler Harrell 2018 WR and EVENTUALLY Commits to the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1st off he doesnt . 2nd I'm not wasting a scolly on a mediocre receiver. Ill wait till more receivers enter the portal or go Juco
I have an honest question for you bc I'm very curious how some brains work.

Nick Saban decided this kid was worth a scholarship for his Bama franchise with 20 career receptions.

Why do you think he is not....at Miami, where we dont have receivers nearly at the same level as Bama?

Assuming he is healthy **

Nick Saban decided this kid was worth a scholarship for his Bama franchise with 20 career receptions.

Why do you think he is not....at Miami, where we dont have receivers nearly at the same level as Bama?

The kid has legit huge upside idk what half these fools are talking about. Him and the kid from USC would be a huge upgrade.

He took him based on potential, Hes in his 5th year and literally has done nothing at this point. Saban can take a chance on; potential we cant, , We down to our last few scollies not wasting 1 on him.

Anyone who wants to know how important WRs are go look at the current NFL playoff teams remaining. Besides the Chiefs who have the best TE in the NFL the last decade and the best QB in the NFL, all of them have **** load of weapons on offense. That’s how you win in todays game.
Nevermind 3 of the best defenses in NFL and 2 of the best olines.
Name 2 elite WR super bowl win era from 2007-2020. Wayne to hill.

Advertisement
He took him based on potential, Hes in his 5th year and literally has done nothing at this point. Saban can take a chance on; potential we cant, , We down to our last few scollies not wasting 1 on him.
Tyler Steen
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jermaine Burton
Eli Ricks
Jameson Williams
Henry To'o To'o

Are the transfers they've taken the last two years. All highly productive players before Bama.

I dont think Saban takes players solely off potential, based off his previous transfers taken.

Nevermind 3 of the best defenses in NFL and 2 of the best olines.
Name 2 elite WR super bowl win era from 2007-2020. Wayne to hill.
This is the new NFL.

2022 Conference Playoffs:
49ers - CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk
Eagles - AJ Brown, Devonte Smith, Goedert, Miles Sanders
Bengals - Chase, Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Mixon, Hurst.
Chiefs - Kelce, Juju.

2021 Conference Playoffs:

49ers - Same Minus CMC
Rams - Kupp, OBJ, Higbee
Chiefs - Same + Tyreek
Bengals - Same.

2020:
Bills - Diggs, Cole Beasley & Gabe Davis were actually pretty good.
Chiefs - Same + Tyreek
Buccs - Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, Gronk, Antonio Brown.
Packers - Devante Adams, Aaron Jones, Tonyan.

I hope we get him, but as I've stated before, we have enough talent already in the WR room to win the ACC, but the players need to be dedicated to their own improvement and we need to get a killer WR coach who can instill fundamentals into our WR's.

Would be nice to have him on the outside, torching D's.
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
We do have enough athletes in that room. The context is that they need to dedicate themselves to locking down fundamentals. If they do that, we have enough to win. Do I want us to get more talent? Of course. But, if we don't, all is not lost, if the players will start holding themselves accountable.
Wake Forest last year had 3 wr's that would likely be our #1.

This is the new NFL.

2022 Conference Playoffs:
49ers - CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk
Eagles - AJ Brown, Devonte Smith, Goedert, Miles Sanders
Bengals - Chase, Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Mixon, Hurst.
Chiefs - Kelce, Juju.

2021 Conference Playoffs:

49ers - Same Minus CMC
Rams - Kupp, OBJ, Higbee
Chiefs - Same + Tyreek
Bengals - Same.

2020:
Bills - Diggs, Cole Beasley & Gabe Davis were actually pretty good.
Chiefs - Same + Tyreek
Buccs - Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, Gronk, Antonio Brown.
Packers - Devante Adams, Aaron Jones, Tonyan.
Now you're listing the whole offense. We have different opinions on elite I guess. And WR didn't win games this weekend. Defenses did. Eagles duo had 73 yards. SF duo 71 yards combined and 89 combined for Bengals 2 star WRs.

Tyler Steen
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jermaine Burton
Eli Ricks
Jameson Williams
Henry To'o To'o

Are the transfers they've taken the last two years. All highly productive players before Bama.

I dont think Saban takes players solely off potential, based off his previous transfers taken.
Jameson Williams had a grand total of 15 catches b4 he went to Bama. He sprung there...which is the reason Saban went to Harrell trying to replace that same speed since their wrs were kinda pedestrian.

Harell has long speed ...dont know whta it looks like after injury but he has that....if i had a choice id take Bryant over him though.

He can help to create some conflict on the back end with his speed.
I'm not saying not to take him. We need anything at this point. We really need Gary Bryant. But I'm not holding my breath. For whatever reasom, we just can't get anyone in the portal at WR.

Advertisement
I'm not saying not to take him. We need anything at this point. We really need Gary Bryant. But I'm not holding my breath. For whatever reasom, we just can't get anyone in the portal at WR.

WR will work itself out. Our fortunes could easily change with the right OC hire and post-Spring portal market, but people on the board are nervous because we're not acquiring a lot of portal players like FSU, TCU & Oregon. I'd say we need two or three WRs and a RB that are better than everyone in those rooms to elevate competition & seriously move the needle. Otherwise, the team doesn't really get better.

I absolutely believe this deliberate approach to building the roster will pay off in the end.

Advertisement
Now you're listing the whole offense. We have different opinions on elite I guess. And WR didn't win games this weekend. Defenses did. Eagles duo had 73 yards. SF duo 71 yards combined and 89 combined for Bengals 2 star WRs.
Uh did anyone say you had to have nothing but elite players?

And why don't you compare what the Winnings teams offensive weapons did vs the Losing teams weapons. Cause aside from like Cedee lamb and maybe Saquan, none of the losing teams best offensive weapons did ****. The Bills don't have enough - they need more weapons aside from Diggs. The Cowboys haven't had **** aside from Ceedee, especially with Pollard getting hurt. Giants have nothing besides Saquon, and Jags are just above average at best. The winning teams have much more & Better weapons for the QB.

Tyler Steen
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jermaine Burton
Eli Ricks
Jameson Williams
Henry To'o To'o

Saban doesn’t have time nor does he need to take on any players that he doesn’t believe will help him win.

Jameson Williams had a grand total of 15 catches b4 he went to Bama. He sprung there...which is the reason Saban went to Harrell trying to replace that same speed since their wrs were kinda pedestrian.

Harell has long speed ...dont know whta it looks like after injury but he has that....if i had a choice id take Bryant over him though.
You're right, Jameson wasnt productive before Bama.

My overall point remains tho, if he was good enough for Saban...hes definitely good enough for Miami.

Also, I can confirm to you right now that the Miami staff is not arguing about who to take over the other (harrel or bryant). If Harrell's medical checks out, they would take both all day.

Harrell brings explosiveness to our team that no other WR has. He doesn't have to be our #1 WR, but having a WR that can blow the top off the defense, opens it up for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back