Trump: ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have all of the churches full’ on Easter?

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
So he didn't say firm date at all then.

And you are calling him incredibly reckless for even mentioning it because for example. two lunatics drank fish bowl cleaner from a container that had "Do not consume" in bright red letters written on it?

Yeah that's a super well thought out, factually accurate point of view with no bias in it whatsoever.
Yes!!!! If he never would have mentioned it in the 1st place the people would still be alive. Secondly, he said the drug was a success and would be coming out soon when in fact it's just starting to be tested so we don't know if it'seven a viable treatment.

His words are reckless and get people killed just like all his racist rhetoric that got people killed in synagogues and churches by extremists that take his words as gospel and act on them.

Of course he takes no responsibility just like he said he takes no responsibility for mitigating the virus. He even had the audacity to say, "The states are not working together. Their all doing something different. " Well Mr. President, that's your f*****g job!!!!

brcane1

Sophomore
Banned
That is the draft version from Oxford university. There’s been enough time for other epidemiologist to study it, including those from imperial College, and I have yet to hear of any objections or at least would be interested in hearing their comments. As is customary, peer review is essential.

Being further along than what was previously inferred from other models is a HUGE deal. It changes the entire nature of many of the assumptions about the pandemic. Duh. The key assumptive difference being a baseline ρ value that is orders of magnitude lower.

There is no model that initially had strong support for a discrete value between range extremes.

Any model, not just this one, needs more accurate and voluminous data on both immune and infected to retrospectively verify assumptions and actual accuracy.

The takeaway is what I originally posited: there are different models from extremely reputable sources... and they don’t all agree.

The discussion needs to continue as to which is the best public policy solution and to,question this current orthodoxy.
Exactly we need way more data, and that means more testing. It's a shame Trump spent 2 months downplaying, outright lying, and not preparing instead of getting us in a place where we could have those answers. Luckily people and markets love uncertainty.

Exactly we need way more data, and that means more testing. It's a shame Trump spent 2 months downplaying, outright lying, and not preparing instead of getting us in a place where we could have those answers. Luckily people and markets love uncertainty.
You are dead wrong.

If you understood how testing works and the logistics of setting up testing you wouldn’t even be close to blaming Trump. But again you only see things through the partisan hack lens that you wear.

There is nothing that Trump could have done or said that would change the direct trajectory of the number of test being administered today either way.

it’s completely clueless to blame him for the number of tests that are being administered today. It’s basically flat out lies, and you know it.

brcane1

Sophomore
Banned
You are dead wrong.

If you understood how testing works and the logistics of setting up testing you wouldn’t even be close to blaming Trump. But again you only see things through the partisan hack lens that you wear.

There is nothing that Trump could have done or said that would change the direct trajectory of the number of test being administered today either way.

it’s completely clueless to blame him for the number of tests that are being administered today. It’s basically flat out lies, and you know it.
So testing is hard, therefore it can't be Trump's fault? It's tough so you can't do comparatively better or worse?

The mental gymnastics you all go to not hold him accountable for anything is pathetic.

Go Canes!!

All ACC
Yes!!!! If he never would have mentioned it in the 1st place the people would still be alive. Secondly, he said the drug was a success and would be coming out soon when in fact it's just starting to be tested so we don't know if it'seven a viable treatment.

His words are reckless and get people killed just like all his racist rhetoric that got people killed in synagogues and churches by extremists that take his words as gospel and act on them.

Of course he takes no responsibility just like he said he takes no responsibility for mitigating the virus. He even had the audacity to say, "The states are not working together. Their all doing something different. " Well Mr. President, that's your f*****g job!!!!

You have got to be kidding me. Are you really this much of a partisan nut case?

Let me ask you this then. If you hold Trump responsible for these deaths, will you give him credit for potentially saving hundreds of thousands of people like this man who PROPERLY took the drug he mentioned and is now recovering?

I'm so sure you will.

Lmao.

Officially done with you. You're completely crazy.

Poptimus

Senior
yes, he did say that. Multiple times. He’s said it. IDK his motivation for throwing that date out. It was random asf. As though he was told by someone of this idea and was tryna feed the ppl a false hood of hope. And that’s the thing that’s dangerous. you do have ppl who go on his very word.

I know Trump said he WANTS people to be able to congregate by Easter, but I still don’t see where he said “we WILL congregate for Easter”. He’s trying to be positive, not speak in absolutes.

Go Canes!!

All ACC
I know Trump said he WANTS people to be able to congregate by Easter, but I still don’t see where he said “we WILL congregate for Easter”. He’s trying to be positive, not speak in absolutes.

He didn't. But you're arguing with the dude who still says Trump called the virus a hoax despite a dozen people on here roving him wrong..

You're never getting anywhere with him.

So testing is hard, therefore it can't be Trump's fault? It's tough so you can't do comparatively better or worse?

The mental gymnastics you all go to not hold him accountable for anything is pathetic.
it’s not that testing is hard, it’s that the type of testing that you’re calling for would have been impossible. It would’ve been impossible no matter who was in office, no matter what he said.

now, can we streamline the system so that in the future we can cycle up much more quickly? Possibly. But it’ll take a revamping of the bureaucratic mess that is currently in place. That is the entrenched government bureaucracy that was there before Trump and will be there after Trump.

you do not have a single leg to stand on.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
You have got to be kidding me. Are you really this much of a partisan nut case?

Let me ask you this then. If you hold Trump responsible for these deaths, will you give him credit for potentially saving hundreds of thousands of people like this man who PROPERLY took the drug he mentioned and is now recovering?

I'm so sure you will.

Lmao.

Officially done with you. You're completely crazy.
Trump has fueld the fire for people already on the edge filled with anger and hatred. His rhetoric pushes them over the top. When the people who committed the heinous acts actually say they acted based on the president's words, what does that mean? You do the math?

Go Canes!!

All ACC
Trump has fueld the fire for people already on the edge filled with anger and hatred. His rhetoric pushes them over the top. When the people who committed the heinous acts actually say they acted based on the president's words, what does that mean? You do the math?

Sure I'lld o the math. 2 completely healthy (physically) lunatics out of 350 million Americans decided to drink fish bowl cleaner that says do not consume. Now one is dead.

Meanwhile we could have hundreds of thousands of people who are actually sick taking it under doctor supervision.

Bad, bad orange man!!!!!

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
Sure I'lld o the math. 2 completely healthy (physically) lunatics out of 350 million Americans decided to drink fish bowl cleaner that says do not consume. Now one is dead.

Meanwhile we could have hundreds of thousands of people who are actually sick taking it under doctor supervision.

Bad, bad orange man!!!!!
The bottom line is he shouldn't be saying that **** to begin with.

You guys hold coach Manny Diaz and his staff more accountable than you do the president and his administration.

pianojib

Recruit
3 years of libs going zero for infinity and you are going to take this stand? lol.. well..... good luck friend
Definite not a Lib, but you Trumpican clowns follow any and everything he says and does. He killed the GOP and created a new party Tumpican, I cant stand you guys. But like I said history is watching.

Tit-e-skr

Sophomore
..and what are those. Hey maybe in my area we aren’t as “civilized” as yours..so maybe you can outline the problems your “civilized world” has with almost 25% of the world’s population..what exact problem do u have with 1.8 billion ppl?..do your problems extend to the Current and past players who put on for the U?
Get it through you thick head man, I don't owe you a damn thing on anything that I do, or don't, believe in. If you want that type of control, move to the Middle East and torment the Christians over there.

305to954

All ACC
Get it through you thick head man, I don't owe you a damn thing on anything that I do, or don't, believe in. If you want that type of control, move to the Middle East and torment the Christians over there.
Ppl of “Christian faith” have done just as much “torment” to those of Muslim faith dating back centuries now..and Move to the Middle East as tho all Muslims live in the Middle East?..o
okay I’ll assume so your just a Dumb ass ignorant person who claims to be “Christian” but can’t be tolerant to others (1.8 billion) . I’m sure u have a problem with current players of the Muslim faith or the past players who have been Muslim but still repped the U. Or American sports icons like shaq, Kareem, Ali, Olajuwon and others... I grew up in a Christian household and can tell u that u represent the fringes of “Christians” who have a tolerance problem with others faith..in order to flush this ignorance out of your system I’d suggest you educate your self on different faiths, meet ppl who practice different faiths and be open to others beliefs..you’ll find a lot more similarities then differences