Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

Advertisement
Playing for Coach Duasso’s Immortals team. He likes Miami alot. He is down with his whole family. Word is he is going to check out campus on Monday.

Where are you seeing this? Not doubting you, just curious. TIA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone else think height at CB might be overrated in the college ranks? I say this, not in regard to this prospect, but in general.
Let me know what you all think.
Height in general at CB doesn’t matter as much as people think it does.

I mean there’s definitely a cut off limit, you don’t want a bunch 5’6/5’7 cats out there, but anything 5’8 & up is good to go. CB play is about feet, hips, eye disciple, physicality, proper technique & instincts.

Size & speed do matter & can be very good tools that most good/great Corners have, but they’re not the defining factors. Understanding how to win the leverage battle at the line & Football IQ are equally as important as raw traits at CB.

Physical dimensions like arm length & natural hip fluidity are actually more premium than pure height.
Of course the ideal CB you’d want is between 6’0-6’2 180-200lbs that runs a sub 4.5, but take a corner like Amik Robertson who was 5’8 & ran a bad 40, but had that absolute dawg in’em & is a technically savvy corner who could cover dudes way bigger than him.

****, our very own Malek Young was a Blue-nosed Pit in coverage before his untimely injury, he was one of the best pure technician cover corners we’ve had in a long time here & he was barely 5’9.

Height in general at CB doesn’t matter as much as people think it does.

I mean there’s definitely a cut off limit, you don’t want a bunch 5’6/5’7 cats out there, but anything 5’8 & up is good to go. CB play is about feet, hips, eye disciple, physicality, proper technique & instincts.

Size & speed do matter & can be very good tools that most good/great Corners have, but they’re not the defining factors. Understanding how to win the leverage battle at the line & Football IQ are equally as important as raw traits at CB.

Physical dimensions like arm length & natural hip fluidity are actually more premium than pure height.
Of course the ideal CB you’d want is between 6’0-6’2 180-200lbs that runs a sub 4.5, but take a corner like Amik Robertson who was 5’8 & ran a bad 40, but had that absolute dawg in’em & is a technically savvy corner who could cover dudes way bigger than him.

****, our very own Malek Young was a Blue-nosed Pit in coverage before his untimely injury, he was one of the best pure technician cover corners we’ve had in a long time here & he was barely 5’9.
Thanks for the reply and in depth explanation. I’m just tired of seeing posts where if a guy isn’t 6’0 he’s pegged as a nickel who can’t play the boundary - it’s silly. Length can help you make a recovery if you get beat but really, how many times is that the case on a play? Height is just an overrated trait for CB in college in my opinion. I’d put more stock into it in the NFL because guys are more polished and have better skills.
For some reason I always think of DJ Moore who played at Vandy a decade ago and kind of ran a slow time but on the football field looked like he had blazing speed. My point is, and you hinted at this, physicality might be more important than height.
Starting to think you played DB or were/are a DB coach. Cheers.

Both. I played CB in High school & college.

And I did coach briefly after I graduated college, I was on staff at a JUCO & was at a DII school for 2 seasons, but we sucked & once our HC got fired I moved onto other things lol.
Ever get the itch to coach again?

Advertisement
Boys won the Ship.
74371786-E695-4068-B5BA-EB645FE87000.jpeg

Advertisement
Is this guy related to them as well?
Yeah that’s his oldest brother who plays for Ark State.

Then Delvon is his other older brother who’s a class of 21 S that will probably go JUCO...

Trequon is the high 4-star CB in the 22 class & Anquon is the youngest one, who is class of 24 or 25 I believe.

Advertisement
Back