Trayone Gray update

Miami Gardens (FL) Carol City High School athlete and Hurricane signee Trayone Gray says he saw rumors circulating on the Internet recently that he got a 19 on his ACT, which would qualify him for admission per NCAA standards at Miami.

-He says he didn't get the score back yet.

-Says "I don't know where that came from," "I'm waiting to get it back, it's supposed to come by email."

-first time taking the test, and he says based on the NCAA sliding scale he needs an 18 or higher to be qualified. He prepared hard and says he was getting 18's in practice ones, so he's optimistic.

-Says "I hope to be at Miami in July," Gray said.

-hasn't spent much time on football matters right now - he just wrapped up his track season (he was part of the 400-relay that competed at states).

-Says "That's what I've been focused on,"

-Says UM coaches told him they'll be sending him a playbook later this week.

-6-foot-2 he currently weighs 207 pounds, and Gray says Cane coaches told him he'll play running back in Wildcat packages but otherwise will be a wide receiver.

-Says "I also might play quarterback in the Wildcat,"

-Does he think everything will work out and he'll be a Cane this season? "Yes," he said

Rivals. On my phone can post link later

Advertisement
43.gif

Damnit! I took the SAT in his name last week. Kid was actually going to be able to place out of Freshman English classes with my...errr....his verbal score. ACT?! We don't live in the Midwest!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back