Top Safety Talks Canes

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Southridge Safety Jamal Carter is one of the top prospects on the board for the Hurricanes, and he recognizes the hard work the coaches have been putting in on him.

“They show me a lot of love,” Carter said of Miami, “They may show me the most love out of any schools, because they’ve been coming at me hard. Other schools have been kinda laid back, but the U is coming. ”

Growing up in South Florida, Miami has always been a place that Carter has liked.

“Since I was a kid I’ve liked it a lot. My mom and uncles want me to stay here too,” he said.

As a safety, Carter appreciates the fact that there are already other talented defensive backs at Miami such as Deon Bush and Tracy Howard.

“That helps me narrow down my choices too because it will keep a lot of pressure off me at safety having good corners there,” he added.
Another positive about Miami is that he will have an opportunity to earn early playing time.

“I think they’re only bringing in two (safeties) and that’s another reason I really like the U because I’m going there in good position because the two safeties are seniors so that’s a good opportunity for me to work hard and I’ll have a good chance at starting,” Carter said.

When asked about a timetable for a commitment, Carter said “it should be by the end of the summer.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to start getting more Southrige kids, they had a stud that got away a few yers ago (Gerrod Holliman?)

OkieCane said:
We need to start getting more Southrige kids, they had a stud that got away a few yers ago (Gerrod Holliman?)

Holliman spent a year at Milford prep

Advertisement

He wanted to come here Golden couldn't get him in. Southridge kids have a hard time qualifying it's one of if not the worst schools in FL grades wise. Carter should be ok based on what i'm hearing but coming from Southridge i have my doubts...

Advertisement
Back