Top Receiver Lane Weighing Options

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The nation's top receiver for the 2014 class hails from Homestead, Florida. Ermon Lane was up to his usual tricks on Saturday at the South Florida Express tryouts, as he was one of the top prospects on display.

"Playing out here gets me more reps and helps my routes. All of us get better here."

Although he is already tabbed as the best in the country at his position, Lane says he still has work to do

"I want to work on my route-running and speed, basically the little things."

Lane is taking the recruiting process slowly right now and is weighing all of his options.

"All of them are after me right now. I can honestly say it's even because they all come down to see me."

Lane attended a Miami junior day last month and enjoyed himself.

"It was good. I got to see the coaches, the campus and meet with the players. I know they're building a new weight room or locker room or something and I liked that."

The Homestead product has established relationships with some of Miami's coaches, including Micheal Barrow.

"Barrow is really my cousin and he's part of my family. He's not pushing me too hard, he just tells me what my family says, which is to be patient. I also talked to the new receivers coach, he's a cool and funny dude."

Two of Lane's other favorites include Alabama and Florida State.

"With Alabama, it's not much to say because they've won 3 of the last 4 championships so they've got to be doing something right. Florida State has had good recruiting classes the last two years.

Advertisement
1.jpg

We've weathered the storm. Once we get the NCAA **** behind us, college football's reckoning will commence.

Advertisement
Will wake up with morning wood after reading these threads and going to sleep.

Thanks Pete and Tito el Bambino

Have to win games at this point, can't walk away next season with 7 or 8 wins..need to be 9 or better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Between Barrow and Herb Waters being here, its hard to see Lane going anywhere else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back