Top 2015 DB McFadden interested in Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 McArthur DB Kendrell McFadden (6’3”, 190) is one of the top prospects in South Florida. The rangy athlete already holds offers from the likes of Miami, Clemson, Florida, FSU, and Ohio State, but McFadden has been staying focused.

“After starting my first year and leading the team in tackles, my coach had told me in the spring that I had 32 offers. I was young so I got kind of big headed. My bubble got popped so now I’m working extra hard because I know I can lose it all at any time,” said McFadden.

McArthur isn’t a traditional power in Broward county, but McFadden and his teammates are using that as motivation.

“Around here in Hollywood where I stay, we are always talked about as being sorry and this and that so we take that all in as motivation.”

McFadden lines up nearly everywhere on the football field so his position at the next level is still undetermined, but he takes pride in being able to disrupt the offense in a multitude of ways.

“Quarterbacks have to keep an eye on me because my coach moves me around to safety, corner, and linebacker. Once you find me on the field, I’ll always be in a different spot. I’m working more at corner now because I’m trying to prove to people that I can move like that, but at the same time, my coach tells me to learn ore than one position so I can be able to know how to move around. I’ll even be playing some defensive end this year.”

With offers from many of the top programs across the country, McFadden is still in the process of cutting his list.

“Right now I’m open up to everybody, talking to as many coaches as I can. This summer, I’ll have a top school or a few schools because I really want to get out there to campuses and meet coaches.”

The hometown Miami Hurricanes are a school McFadden is taking a close look at.

“I’m most definitely interested in them. I could say I’m really close to them and I have a great bond with the coaches. I talk to the defensive coordinator Coach D.”

Miami coach Al Golden has used a specific pitch with McFadden to grab his attention.

“When I speak to Al Golden, he always tells me to come there because my family will always be there to watch me, so I look at it as a good thing.”

For the first two years of his high school career, McFadden has rocked the number 26 in honor of the late great Sean Taylor.

“I told myself coming in that I would wear 26 my first two years of high school because Sean Taylor is hands down my favorite player no matter what. Every game, I put ‘Rest in peace Sean Taylor’ on my wrist tape. I’m going to wear number 5 my last two years because my cousin died on the field wearing that same number.”

Advertisement
Kid can be special by his senior year and he just has passion from what I read for Sean Taylor and his cousin who both passed so sometimes that speaks more volume then football tape I just want this kid here to keep their memories going

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, that last paragraph sealed it for me, speaking of mcfaddens, what's the latest on the kid from Heritage who's also like 6'3

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back