Todd Stroud can we get rid of his old geriatric *** this off-season?

Advertisement
I would you suggest you dig a little deeper into the reasons for the dline improvement in the players you reference.

- Nesta along with some of his high school teammates worked with a private coach during the quarantine
-Harrison Hunte is succeeding due to being a superior interior athlete not because of technique (see GR15 in UM's 2019 pass rush package)
-Jordan Miller was ready to transfer last year because he felt he was our best DT yet got little playing time. Jordan Miller I believe recieved martial arts training from his dad which has helped him get off blocks and defeat double teams using violent hands.

Go Canes
Paranos, never heard that about miller! He was trying to get his weight down not transfer.

I started complaining about this last season and it's become even more apparent this season. Yes, yes, yes, he appears to be a good recruiter, but this program automatically recruits good DL on the name alone. We we MUST have is someone who can teach technique and strategy for our DL. Too bad we couldn't keep Simpson, but he's not the only good DL coach. This is a problem. We need a new DL coach after this season.
Can we get some names of these good defensive lineman we get automatically?

Advertisement
Can we get some names of these good defensive lineman we get automatically?
...because if we replace Stroud with a coach who is better at teaching techniques than recruiting, by default, we can no longer recruit top DL talent...? Is that where you were going with that?

There is only one coach that needs to be fired, Blake Baker.

Bring in a real DC and let him decide who he wants to bring with him from elsewhere or keep from the current staff.
Manny is not going to let a new DC fire Banda and you can take that to the bank. I would put Stroud on that list too. If only to hang on to the 2 best players in our class who also happen to be two of the top 25 players in the country as well. Sorry but this is an instance where you hang on to coaches to hang on to recruits. (which I know is cardinal sin especially around here) We cant lose LT or JW for any reason.

And frankly, Banda and Stroud have done a reasonable good job at developing their position groups. I know Banda is debated around here but he offsets that by bringing in elite level safety recruits the last 2 recruiting cycles. (AWill, KKinch, JWill)

...because if we replace Stroud with a coach who is better at teaching techniques than recruiting, by default, we can no longer recruit top DL talent...? Is that where you were going with that?
Why not explain whats wrong with the technique first?

Why not explain whats wrong with the technique first?
We don’t use our hands well, we struggle to disengage, Our d line has no moves after initial bull/speed, we don’t contain, we don’t set the edge. Granted the last two may be coming from up top telling them not to do those things idk. But the first 3 is an example of a massive decline since stroud took over. I agree with most on here saying we have bigger issues

Advertisement
We don’t use our hands well, we struggle to disengage, Our d line has no moves after initial bull/speed, we don’t contain, we don’t set the edge. Granted the last two may be coming from up top telling them not to do those things idk. But the first 3 is an example of a massive decline since stroud took over. I agree with most on here saying we have bigger issues
Our DL, especially on the interior, is doing a good job on all of these things (except edge and contain, which isnt a part of the defense).

Story of the season has been over and over how everyone is getting held and now our D-Line is doing a poor job? Okay.

Our DL, especially on the interior, is doing a good job on all of these things (except edge and contain, which isnt a part of the defense).

Story of the season has been over and over how everyone is getting held and now our D-Line is doing a poor job? Okay.
Well we are getting held. But we are not trying to disengage or use our technique to sell the hold. Watch any of the holsum 1’s film breakdowns and you will see what many of us see when watching the games. It’s an obvious drop off of hand usage and technique since Kul and Simpson have left.

I swear, some of you are the dumbest mother****ers regarding football.

Sure, fire the position coach that recruited the best DT prospect Florida has had in years. Fire the position coach that improved the play of Silvera, Harrison-Hunte and Jordan Miller so much that everyone can see it just by watching games.

Why dont some of yall do us a favor and fire yourself with a cannon into the next river? But please, go **** yourself beforehand. With a cactus.

Thanks.
It's mind-blowing, someone explain the rush of starting a ****** thread to me...

Exactly!!

Advertisement
This idea that good recruiting overrides ineptness is lame, WINNING improves recruiting.

Advertisement
Nesta is a beast. I bet the coaches go nuts when they see all the holding calls NOT called. Phillips has a rev'ed up motor and Frierson deserved a game ball. Nice video, Thanks!

Well we are getting held. But we are not trying to disengage or use our technique to sell the hold. Watch any of the holsum 1’s film breakdowns and you will see what many of us see when watching the games. It’s an obvious drop off of hand usage and technique since Kul and Simpson have left.
Many of you? Who?

What I am getting here is that the vast majority disagrees.

Btw, oh boy, we have a slight dropoff compared to a NFL defensive line coach and a defensive line coach who got hired by Nick Saban.

If you think that you will find a D-Line-Coach easily that is better compared to Stroud, good luck. You will need a lot of time.

Many of you? Who?

What I am getting here is that the vast majority disagrees.

Btw, oh boy, we have a slight dropoff compared to a NFL defensive line coach and a defensive line coach who got hired by Nick Saban.

If you think that you will find a D-Line-Coach easily that is better compared to Stroud, good luck. You will need a lot of time.
Stroud last 4 jobs prior to Manny Prior to Manny rescuing him

Strength Coach at FSU
TE coach at Colorado State
DL coach at Colorado State
DL coach at Akron

It is going to be hard to replace him, many were fighting for his services but only Manny was able to convince him to leave the pesky Akron Zips :based-duke2:

Advertisement
Back