Todd Stroud can we get rid of his old geriatric *** this off-season?

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
I know CIS has an old man fetish cause the older the more experience and knowledge they have but this dude is ***. We have JHH, Nesta, Roche and Phillips and between them they know 2 moves bull rushes and effort. You would think we could rush the passer with only 4 Dlinemen but we can't. I know his apologist like to point at him making GR15 good.
1. GR15 had hype the previous season
2. He had him on the bench
3. Mario and Manny Lawson were 20 years ago
4. GR15 was not injured like his apologist like to point out, GR15 said on the Adam Schefter podcast (I believe) that coaches did not trust and he had earn through the FLorida game and so on until he started. D (Hightowers uncle) even said that GR15 was not injured.

Bottomline he has the most talent on the defensive side and does very little with it.

Advertisement
I know CIS has an old man fetish cause the older the more experience and knowledge they have but this dude is ***. We have JHH, Nesta, Roche and Phillips and between them they know 2 moves bull rushes and effort. You would think we could rush the passer with only 4 Dlinemen but we can't. I know his apologist like to point at him making GR15 good.
4. GR15 was not injured like his apologist like to point out, GR15 said on the Adam Schefter podcast (I believe) that coaches did not trust and he had earn through the FLorida game and so on until he started. D (Hightowers uncle) even said that GR15 was not injured.

Bottomline he has the most talent on the defensive side and does very little with it.
His teaching is extremely questionable. His recruiting is great. Not sure which one is more important in 2020

Advertisement
Hunte is this year's Rousseau. Buried behind a less talented player for half the season because this staff has a seniority fetish. But Stroud had a tall task teaching Roche and Phillips to play DE in this system without the luxury of spring ball. We should be seeing steady improvement on defense but the NC State game was a setback, and VT's OL is one of their strengths so it's another test. But we not loosing to a QB name Hooker daw!

Advertisement
Advertisement

It's the age old question about how to develop players. Do you start them game one and have a baptism by fire approach? Do you ease them in to the rotation and then ultimately let them loose in the 2nd half? Do you redshirt them for development purposes?

You can make the case that each is right. Maholmes sat an entire year behind Alex Smith and that seemed to work out well. With GR15, they eased him in until he eventually unleashed on QBs in the second half. This led to him taking an entire season off and likely being drafted in the first round.

It's hard to criticize that approach........

Advertisement

Who do you think is the best guy out there

Larry Johnson is like late 60s
Brick Haley is same age as Stroud

What a brilliant post, there genius.

I started complaining about this last season and it's become even more apparent this season. Yes, yes, yes, he appears to be a good recruiter, but this program automatically recruits good DL on the name alone. We we MUST have is someone who can teach technique and strategy for our DL. Too bad we couldn't keep Simpson, but he's not the only good DL coach. This is a problem. We need a new DL coach after this season.

I swear, some of you are the dumbest mother****ers regarding football.

Sure, fire the position coach that recruited the best DT prospect Florida has had in years. Fire the position coach that improved the play of Silvera, Harrison-Hunte and Jordan Miller so much that everyone can see it just by watching games.

Why dont some of yall do us a favor and fire yourself with a cannon into the next river? But please, go **** yourself beforehand. With a cactus.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Back