Tito's Tidbits

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
-The commitment of 2016 QB Jack Allison can’t be overstated. Allison is a huge national prospect with loads of potential. He stands around 6’3 and has a tremendous arm, he’s accurate and can put a great zip on the ball. It’s obvious that Miami is going to have to fend off schools to keep him, but from speaking with him yesterday he seems pretty set on Miami.

-His commitment marks the 3rd commitment Miami has received from a Tampa product this year including Dwayne Lawson and Scott Patchan. Miami is making it’s presence known in that area and a lot of the success comes from Tight Ends coach Larry Scott being so familiar with the area.

-2016 LB Shaq Quarterman finally received his offer this past weekend and committed this morning. Quarterman is a talented linebacker who can hit hard and runs from sideline to sideline making tackles. Much like Darrion Owens, I expect Quarterman to be pretty solid throughout the process, but don’t be surprised to see him take a couple visits.

-From a scouting perspective, Quarterman is closer to 5’11 then he is 6’1. His strength is the best part of his game, he delivers crushing hits and always brings down the ball carrier. He personally reminds me a lot of Tennessee LB AJ Johnson except for the size. Johnson is 6’2, but plays sideline to sideline and always brings the hits.

-2015 DL Jason Strowbridge was a participant of both days at the camp this past weekend which was intriguing in multiple ways. Strowbridge was considered by many, including me, a UF lock due to his close friendship with Florida running back Brandon Powell. However, it seems as if Miami is in the game and making it closer than many expect. Strowbridge was reported on campus both days of the camp and seemed to be enjoying himself. This will be a recruitment that might go until signing day.

-Two Booker T stars also participated in the last Al Golden camp this past sunday. Both 2015 WR Antonio Calloway and 2016 WR Shaquille Green were working at receiver during the camp. Calloway still has a top 2 of Miami and UF, but it still seems like Gators have a slight lead over Hurricanes at the moment. However, with Miami having guys like Chad Thomas, Demetrius Jackson and a very pro-Miami staff at Booker T, the Hurricanes are sure to make this a battle. Green is another talented receiver who is sure to show many this year his skills. He’s athletic and has very solid hands.

-2015 Palm Beach Garden LB Tevon Coney was also at the Al Golden football camp this past weekend and got a chance to see the campus once again. This visit came after Coney returned from Notre Dame where he was throughly impressed by what they had to offer. I mentioned it before, but Coney is still a heavy UF lean with Notre Dame now in second. If Miami wants to truly impress Coney, it will most likely involve making a serious improvement on the defense. Coney will be looking at how well the defense plays this year and it will be instrumental in his decision.

-Miami seems to be in the lead for 2016 Southridge WR Freddie Pinder. Pinder is a great talent with very good hands and fluid running ability. He isn’t slow and shows great body control on jump balls. Pinder is currently doing virtual school which means one of 2 things: He is planning on graduating early or is lacking in credits. It’s not a terrible concern, but it’s something to monitor.

-2016 DL Aaron Thompson participated in the Miami camp this past weekend and had a standout performance by all accounts. He didn’t receive an offer, however he did tell me the staff likes him a lot. Thompson already holds offers from schools like Clemson, Pittsburgh and UCF. He’s considered a top defensive linemen for the class of 2016. In my last article I did with him, he said if Miami were to offer he would commit. Personally, I can’t find a reason why Miami wouldn’t offer already, but we will see how they handle it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can't wait to read the interviews from Quarterman, Pinckney and Allison. Even Gray once he officially gets in (fingers crossed).

Good work, thanks Tito

Advertisement
Advertisement
2016 DL Aaron Thompson from Dillard HS hghlights look pretty good. But I wil say this, there are some beastly Dline prospects in the 2016 class, so staff may be looking at other prospects although I say take the local prospects first.

[video=youtube_share;FaRwr7l_OQk]http://youtu.be/FaRwr7l_OQk[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
hey stop giving us good news! the mopes around here are won't know what to do with themselves!
234.gif

Advertisement
Quarterman is only 16 years old. There is no reason why he won't grow some more the next 2 years. Boys don't stop growing at 16.

Advertisement
Back