Tired of these unresearched evaluations.......G Willis Edition

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Dane Brugler. I tried to find out what games he’s watched but he wouldnt give me anything. I watched the LSU, Duke, FSU and BC games, and all I saw was him getting double teamed or run away from. Why do I feel like this good watched the Wisconsin game and he confused him with Bethel?

Attachments

• 6E754C7A-DC95-45C1-B6CF-51E48D08EAE5.jpeg
    6E754C7A-DC95-45C1-B6CF-51E48D08EAE5.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 444
Advertisement
Guys a tool and obvious idiot. He doesn’t know Gerald for a hole in the wall and he’s commenting like they’re brothers or something. Willis hasn’t had off the field issues since UF, came to Miami, and worked his tail off. Hopefully scouts aren’t doing the lazy bit and just reading what dumb f***ks like Brugler are reporting

If I were a GM, my only concerns would be injury prone and off the field. His play this year was round 1 worthy. I really think he has matured and his past is fully behind him. I'd be shocked if he didn't get picked till Round 4. Go watch the tape and you'll see a top DT.

Advertisement
Dane isn’t bad... but I’m sure he put in little to zero work on evaluating his film

He’s a yearly regular on Dallas Cowboys official site podcasts when they go over the draft from a cowboys angle... I’ll never forget 4 years ago draft night when we took a TE in the 7th round Geoff Swaim (now a newly signed Jaguar) and his puzzlement as he had zero clue who he was( this is funny because he always prided himself on knowing everyone even small school kids to a “T”)

I mean, how are these results 4th round quality?

You're looking at it from a fan's point of view, not as an NFL scout.

With all respect to Willis, he spent 5 years in college and had 1 complete year of playing.

Also, despite not putting the film in your face, at least he had a solid reasoning for his 4th round grade of Willis instead of saying "he's too short" or some dumb **** like the 247 evaluators said about Nesta. An expected 4th round grade for a DT that can't stop the run (in his opinion) and has off the field issues that you're HOPING was addressed as a draft agent...it's not THAT far fetched. Now if he's saying all these things about Willis and then turns around and say the HIGHEST he'd possibly be drafted is in the 4th round, which in draft talk is a completely different thing, then I agree with calling bull****. Because then that says he has no elite traits/abilities that a team would be willing to take a chance on his deficiencies with an earlier round pick.

Advertisement
His on field evals are bogus and as for the character issues, I knew that one soild year wouldn't change the concerns with Willis by NFL staffs but Willis had an amazing year. There was maybe 1 guy at the position that played better than him last year. Now let me remove my bias, he was at worse the 5th best DT last season. If we would have won more games last year Willis would have gotten more clout.

Sidebar, we wasted a dominant defense last year. Put that D with the 2018 season and we're in the college playoffs for sure. (I'm not discounting that 2018 D)

Advertisement
Take the shades off, Willis had a great year but he's not a 1st round can't miss prospect.

Fans are never realistic when it comes to draft evals, it's always either too high or too low.

This is an extremely deep draft for DLinemen, GM's & Scouts do everything by draft grade & value for the pick, meaning they'll drop or raise players based on where they would want them in the draft.

Willis is a 3rd-5th round pick, at the very very best he could get picked in the 2nd which is highly unlikely.

He's a great pass rusher & is disruptive in the backfield, he'll be a steal for whoever drafts him, but there's enough for teams to drop him in the draft & get value out of his pick.

I mean he’s not wrong.... His biggest weakness has been holding his ground in the run game. If he doesn’t defeat his opponent at the point of attack with his quickness, he will get pushed back. He’s a good player but he’s a early 3rd round pick. His background isn’t clean either. Sitting out a year with no explanation could count as quitting on his team to some NFL teams. Dane is good a good analyst and doesn’t act like a ****y prick like that Matt Miller.

Advertisement
I don’t know. Great DT’s don’t grow on trees in the NFL. Look around. I’ve watched enough ISO’s on Willis to say he’d be a third round steal, and I could definitely see him going in the second for a team committed to update their DLine.

Only 2 things going against him...just one full year of tape, and not participating in Combine/post season games.

I do hope he goes 2-3.

My convo with him was interesting to say the least.

You ask him for specifics and the jerk wad talks in generalities. This idiot wouldn’t know what a good DL player looked like even if one was in front of him. Got half a mind to call this mf’er out on Twitter for his stupidity. This has nothing to do with him being a Cane - GWIII balled out last year, the “stats” don’t lie.

Advertisement
Back