Thoughts on this ncaa article?

Advertisement
Horrible article.

The guy makes no mention of the fact that UM has self-imposed a sizable punishment on itself. He basically plays it as though UM is asking to get off scott-free, when that's not the case at all. The whole reason UM has become a sympathetic figure is that we've already punished ourselves to the level that the NCAA would likely give out, if they were to confine their judgement to the allegations for which they actually have proof.

And his proposed solution is to take away TV games? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. There's a reason the NCAA doesn't mete out that punishment any more...it effectively punishes every team UM plays.

Way too many typos. But I'm sick of everyone saying Miami is trying to get off on a technicality. Three post season games, recruiting restrictions, and less schollies is not getting off, it's getting enough for the crime. Call it a day already.

This article has some good points, but the end of the article is quite stupid. This article makes it sound like we are trying to get off Scott-Free. It never mentions we have missed out on three post season games or that we suspended several players. It fails to mention the damaged caused by the prolonged nature of the investigation. It mentions we should receive a TV ban.....dude is an idiot.....will cost other people $$$$. I guess it's amateur hour at CFN.

Crap article

There's so much suckage in that article I don't know where to start. Some points have been made above, not the least of which is that the writer is condemning us for allegations that have never been substantiated. The writer is accusing Miami of committing crimes that Nevin Shapiro has bloviated with no discernable proof, no backing, and--most importantly--no credibility.

Miami has suffered enough, but people out there like this "journalist" only visualize a villain when they think of UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back