Off-Topic Thoughts on Brickell for vacation?

The U Code

Redshirt Freshman
I am planning on bringing my girl to Miami for new years and to escape the Tennessee winter for a little bit..she has never been to Miami and I am tired of south beach at this point so I have been looking for an alternative and found a nice place in Brickell, is this a good central place to stay for a week and explore south florida?

Advertisement
Brickell is way better than downtown but I would only go if you are planning on renting a car and exploring. It's not a standalone place like the Beach.

For my money, the Grove is the best central location because the traffic is better (Brickell can get real backed up with the drawbridge). Brickell is nice, though, you can definitely have a good time staying there.

What he above said, except I'm guessing night life is better hands down around Brickell with the exception of the Hungry Sailor.

I am planning on bringing my girl to Miami for new years and to escape the Tennessee winter for a little bit..she has never been to Miami and I am tired of south beach at this point so I have been looking for an alternative and found a nice place in Brickell, is this a good central place to stay for a week and explore south florida?
Yes

Went to grove recently and was suprised/impressed how they updated the place and money been pumped in area. Dope to see, had many memories in area back in day.. Look like they are going bougie route but that is like everywhere else so no biggie..

Also I would say check out wynwood area too and compare, lots of places opening up around that area after covid as there was supposed to be a boom in 2020 but everything is opening there now. Dope area if you are into art but its still gentrifying too so can be mixed bag I guess..

Advertisement
Brickell is way better than downtown but I would only go if you are planning on renting a car and exploring. It's not a standalone place like the Beach.

For my money, the Grove is the best central location because the traffic is better (Brickell can get real backed up with the drawbridge). Brickell is nice, though, you can definitely have a good time staying there.
Agreed but look out in a couple of years. Downtown is going to be the spot with that new strip coming. I forgot which street it’s on.

It’s sucks the Grove has changed. I was there before Covid and it looked like a boarded up ghost town.

I'm looking forward to Tennessee winter it'll be my 2nd lol. Moved from west palm

Advertisement

For my money, the Grove is the best central location because the traffic is better (Brickell can get real backed up with the drawbridge). Brickell is nice, though, you can definitely have a good time stayill check out the coconut grove area too

I'm looking forward to Tennessee winter it'll be my 2nd lol. Moved from west palm
Yeah going on my 13th so not quite as exciting as it used to be 😂

Advertisement
Brickel. Haven’t heard that in years. I remember as a kid, a helicopter flew into an unlit crane on Brickel…Nixon was staying in hotel there and they were worried it was an attack.

The Keys!!! Go to the Keys!!! Key Largo is a hop skip and a jump from Miami. Then head to Key West!! The last bastion of hope!!

Go Canes!!

Unless you are there to party. Brickell will be a bit of a nightmare to be in around NYE. Just go to whatever NY6 bowl game Miami will be at this year :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
Unless you are there to party. Brickell will be a bit of a nightmare to be in around NYE. Just go to whatever NY6 bowl game Miami will be at this year :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
Like south beach level nightmare or? I do want to be around night life but not wanting to hear yelling and or music until 3am etc like I’ve experienced on south beach.

Advertisement
Back