This Saturday...

MiamiVice7

Senior
(from my WEZ post...)

Most badass thing we could do is wreck Duke like 70-13.

Leave everyone wondering wtf will happen next year with everyone back and hungry, and likely with the worst of the scandal effects behind us.

Lookin at the seniors (especially Mike James and Telemaque) and the young leaders to make Saturday a huge statement game, i.e. we're comin for that *** next year.

This Duke game actually presents a HUGE opportunity for the Miami Hurricanes.

People like to talk about Miami being "back" all the time - well, call it what you want, but I like where we're headed as of this morning's announcement.

Today and this Saturday will be remembered as pivotal points in our history, I believe.

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Advertisement
Unfortunately we'll probably see the a lackluster performance like against BC last year. The guys will be deflated in practice this week and have a hard time focusing which will lead to a poor performance on Sat. Hopefully Golden can put that sports psychology degree to good use this week and prove me wrong

(from my WEZ post...)

Leave everyone wondering wtf will happen next year with everyone back and hungry, and likely with the worst of the scandal effects behind us.

Lookin at the seniors (especially Mike James and Telemaque) and the young leaders to make Saturday a huge statement game, i.e. we're comin for that *** next year.

People like to talk about Miami being "back" all the time - well, call it what you want, but I like where we're headed as of this morning's announcement.

Today and this Saturday will be remembered as pivotal points in our history, I believe.

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

:fistbump:

(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

Imagine if we had beaten them to set up 8-4.......then maybe people would look to us as a top 25 team next year

7-5? Beating up on DUKE doesnt impress anybody

Just recruit and lift weights man

We should win by 3 TDs or more against this Duke team. With the bowl ban, Golden needs to keep this team focused. Fortunately, only a handful of seniors are hurt by that decision. So we'll see how far he has gotten with instilling discipline on Saturday. If they come out flat, it's all on Golden.

Advertisement
We should win by 3 TDs or more against this Duke team. With the bowl ban, Golden needs to keep this team focused. Fortunately, only a handful of seniors are hurt by that decision. So we'll see how far he has gotten with instilling discipline on Saturday. If they come out flat, it's all on Golden.
Don't get it twisted. The incentive to win this game was removed by UM, not Golden. Their incentive was a shot at winning the ACC. That's gone now, and Golden doesn't have anything to do with it. I know he will pull out all the psychological tools he can muster to motivate the team, but it's asking too much from one guy, IMO.

Don't get it twisted. The incentive to win this game was removed by UM, not Golden. Their incentive was a shot at winning the ACC. That's gone now, and Golden doesn't have anything to do with it. I know he will pull out all the psychological tools he can muster to motivate the team, but it's asking too much from one guy, IMO.
Last I checked, he's the HNIC on gamedays. It's time for him to reframe the argument and show this team that this game in Durham IS their ACC Title Game and Bowl Game all wrapped up into one--and tell them to "go out there like a bunch of crazy men and play some ball". If he's the coach I think he is, he can do that.

He needs to make this like the 91 Cotton Bowl for these guys. We need to come out, 1000% balls out, and put our collective boots on Duke's neck and don't let up til we're up 40+.

This is the time for Golden to use the BC game last year as a learning moment for not only the kids but for his staff. We can't come out flat, we need to come out in Durham and play the game the way we're capable of and win by as much as possible to send out these seniors and this year's team out with a bang...and, set up next year's team with some momentum.

Also--to the OP's point, ESPN will only be talking about the negatives of the NCAA investigation. I will be VERY surprised if there's a single analyst on any of the World Leader's networks that will frame things the way your post did. It will be looked upon as a sign of guilt and to some extent an admission to the allegations by some (cue Mark May). And, sadly, with all of the sheeple out there listening to ESPN and regurgitating exactly what they report (opinions or not), we won't go into 2013 as a feared, up-and-coming team. We'll be looked at as thugs and rule-breakers, as always.

Unfortunately we'll probably see the a lackluster performance like against BC last year. The guys will be deflated in practice this week and have a hard time focusing which will lead to a poor performance on Sat. Hopefully Golden can put that sports psychology degree to good use this week and prove me wrong

Thats crap. What on earth would make that seem like the case? Show us that crystal ball you got.

Advertisement

Thats crap. What on earth would make that seem like the case? Show us that crystal ball you got.

See BC from last year.

(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

Imagine if we had beaten them to set up 8-4.......then maybe people would look to us as a top 25 team next year

Let me get this straight. 8-4 with a 5 point win over UVA means top 25, but 7-5 with a 1 point loss to UVA means we're not in top 25 next year? We're still the same team this year and next, regardless of what happened at UVA.

(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

Let me get this straight. 8-4 with a 5 point win over UVA means top 25, but 7-5 with a 1 point loss to UVA means we're not in top 25 next year? We're still the same team this year and next, regardless of what happened at UVA.

Yes

8-4 is a ton sexier than 7-5

Plus we wouldnt be in a 3 way tie for first. We would've won it outright.

But we failed again.

Advertisement

See BC from last year.

Different team, different year.

See BC from last year.

See INT machine no longer on team.

Advertisement
(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

Have you seen how teams are ranked? For Christ sake Louisville, Rutgers, Northern Illinois, Louisiana Tech and KENT STATE are all in the top 25 b/c of their records even though for the most part all of them have total dog shi!t schedules. I dont know if 8-4 gets us ranked vs 7-5, but it's clear that the voters do not look at the circumstances that lead to records, at least not at the bottom of the Top 25.

(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

Have you seen how teams are ranked? For Christ sake Louisville, Rutgers, Northern Illinois, Louisiana Tech and KENT STATE are all in the top 25 b/c of their records even though for the most part all of them have total dog shi!t schedules. I dont know if 8-4 gets us ranked vs 7-5, but it's clear that the voters do not look at the circumstances that lead to records, at least not at the bottom of the Top 25.

I think you missed the point. I'm not talking about 8-4 getting us ranked at the end of this year. I'm saying if we beat UVA, I don't think it changes the perception of the team heading into next year. I was talking about 7-5 vs 8-4 for next year's preseason polls.

(from my WEZ post...)

(cue Braveheart pic lol)

Virginia Cavaliers

I think you missed the point. I'm not talking about 8-4 getting us ranked at the end of this year. I'm saying if we beat UVA, I don't think it changes the perception of the team heading into next year. I was talking about 7-5 vs 8-4 for next year's preseason polls.

losing only to

#5 Kstate
#1 ND
#8 FSU
A VERY good UNC team

UVA

It does a lot to the perceptino of this team bruh

Advertisement
Back