These are the facts

ilovelamp

Recruit
http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2012/June12/DBJune7.html

You can rant and rave all you want but these are the facts of our roster. If going into the season you thought that are defense was going to be solid or even average I would love to hear why. Please let me know your reasoning why you figured that that this D would be ok based on the players returning. Of course nobody goes into the season were going to be this bad but in reality it shouldn't be that surprising figuring who we had returning IMO.

Advertisement
http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2012/June12/DBJune7.html

You can rant and rave all you want but these are the facts of our roster. If going into the season you thought that are defense was going to be solid or even average I would love to hear why. Please let me know your reasoning why you figured that that this D would be ok based on the players returning. Of course nobody goes into the season were going to be this bad but in reality it shouldn't be that surprising figuring who we had returning IMO.

You expected us to be last in the nation? Really....stop making excuses. It's not black and white, sure we are young, but we should not be 119th in the nation. Absolutely no excuse for that.

I think many of us would be content with a defense ranked 70th. Golden/Donofrio have us playing the worst defense any of us have ever seen.

Not making excuses but answer my question. Tell me why you thought we wouldn't be this bad?? It's easy to say we shouldnt be this bad but tell me why. For example you could tell me that you thought that a DLine comprised of true freshman's Moore, Ivery, Mccord & Hamilton were going to dominate.

I think many of us would be content with a defense ranked 70th. Golden/Donofrio have us playing the worst defense any of us have ever seen.

This. Our experience and develpoment issues are legit. Our talent issues are overstated. We still have more talent than, for example, Army, who held Boston college to one less point than we did.

if we had a halfway decent DC we would be in the 60 to 70 range.

Advertisement
A middle of the road defense would be acceptable. What I expected was middle of the pack. What we got was bottom of the barrel. Maybe that's just what we've got, but that's a hard pill to swallow. We are literally worse than every other d1 school? We stopped them not ONCE after the half. I expect points to be scored on us, but over 350 yards on the ground? That's disgraceful.

Not saying I'm right or wrong just want to have a legit discussion. I just wanted to hear some reasoning. The development issue could be valid Mico. And yes we have more talent than Army but what I don't know if a talented freshman should impact the game more than a less talented senior. My guess would be it depends on the position. For skill players I would take the talent, on the lines I would take experience.

Whether or not this is the correct scheme I do not know. One thing I want is more adjustments. ND ran several running plays over and over again that no adjustments were made for.

I am sick and tired of mediocre, if not below average QB's, looking all world against our D. This goes back to the Shannon days. We made a freshman QB that has looked bad most of the year look like Vick last night. This needs to stop and it better start early next year.

Not saying I'm right or wrong just want to have a legit discussion. I just wanted to hear some reasoning. The development issue could be valid Mico. And yes we have more talent than Army but what I don't know if a talented freshman should impact the game more than a less talented senior. My guess would be it depends on the position. For skill players I would take the talent, on the lines I would take experience.

Are you serious.

Army marches out a slow and small defense. Their Defensive tackles are generally 250 pound range.

I would take a 290 pound freshman tackle over 250pound senior tackle almost always unless that 250 pounder is a John Randle like freak of nature.

Those guys don;t usually attend Army or Wyoming, Bowling Green, Akron, Louisina Monroe, Ball State or any of the many others teams who's defenses have statistically performed better than ours.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back