Therrell Gossier knows Miami is best for him

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
After signing linebacker Terry McCray in the 2014 class, it is evident the Miami Hurricanes staff is trying to re-establish a pipeline at Blanche Ely high school in Pompano Beach.

Now, Blanche Ely has another stud that the 'Canes have picked up early in the 2015 cycle.

Therrell Gossier is a 6-foot-5- 200 pound beast of a wide receiver, who excels in basketball and track for the Tigers.

Gossier holds offers in football from the likes of Clemson, Kentucky, Nebraska, and West Virginia.

However, late this past month, Gossier visited Miami in hopes of an offer. Two days later, the 'Canes called offering Gossier and he wasted no time and committed on the spot.

"I took an unofficial visit, so the coaches got to show me around the school again. Then a couple days later the coaches called me to say they wanted to offer me and I didn't want to waste any time and I committed right away," said Gossier.

Gossier is an obvious redzone threat with his monstrous size, but while watching him at the Coach Mac 7-on-7 in Pompano Beach on Saturday, June 28th, fans and coaches realized that he could burn opposing defenses over the middle of the field.

Gossier is not one-dimensional by any means. Blanche Ely does a great job of using him by giving him post routes, fade routes, slants, hitches, and Gossier uses his basketball instincts and big frame to "block-out" opposing defenders.

"I'm a real explosive receiver and I'm working hard to make sure that I can play right away when I get to Miami. For me, I just want to help UM get back to the way they were back in the days," said Gossier.

"Miami is great for me because what they offer is so much more than football. They have great academics which I'm going to need down the road. The campus also is great. The classroom size was nice too because now I know my professors can be working with me 1-on-1."

Gossier is friends with a lot of current Miami targets and commits, but one guy he wants to bring to Coral Gables with him for sure is Cardinal Gibbons defensive end Richard McIntosh.

Miami knows Gossier still has a lot of work to do before he reaches his full potential, but Gossier will be a defense's worst nightmare 3-4 years down the road. Size, big sure hands, and determination are going to take Gossier far in his football future.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spoke to him on the sideline during a game last season when he was out with an injury. He is a legit 6'5-6'6 and has a great frame. He is very athletic and can jump through the ceiling, which helped him average a double-double during this past years basketball season. Great pick up for Miami.

Stud, love the offer by the staff and glad he's part of the U. We need to get that Ely pipeline back.

Advertisement
18.gif

these wr's will be difficult to deal with when they fill out...good lord were recruiting some towers out there......Brady (6'4), Gossier (6'5), Langham (6'4), Spence (6'3) , Herndon/Njoku Split out te (6'4)...

Thats just the last two classes.....and there in on Peete who is 6'5...

Crazy to think what guys will have to put up if they land all those guys....Next year's class you worry about the jitter bug /slot types

Advertisement
I like that were going so big at WR. Bigger corners are the trend right now so that won't faze this group, and if the opposing secondary lacks size it's gunna be over. One or two more true slot guys would be cool tho. Berrios is a nice start but it's still a minor need imo. Maybe dexter williams can help fill that role if he sticks?

these wr's will be difficult to deal with when they fill out...good lord were recruiting some towers out there......Brady (6'4), Gossier (6'5), Langham (6'4), Spence (6'3) , Herndon/Njoku Split out te (6'4)...

Crazy to think what guys will have to put up if they land all those guys....Next year's class you worry about the jitter bug /slot types

Brady 6'3".
Langham about 6'5"
Spence between 6'2"-6'3"
Gossier between 6'5"-6'6"

Don't forget Gray at 6'2" 210.

Were in on Peete too for 2015. Standing tall at about 6'5"-6'6"

Then two more skyscrapers were looking good for in 2016

Pinder 6'5"
Victor 6'4"

This is not including the speedy and shifty guys were in running for too. These big guys, some of them have to pan out and it's going to be scary.

Last edited:
Tall with good hands makes your QBs much better. Our 3rd conversions have been horrible. Guys like this can really help that out. Great write up. Welcome to THE U young man. Light it up.

Advertisement
Richard McIntosh looks like a good player. Definitely plays with an attitude and apparently we are in the lead for him.

Brady 6'3".
Langham about 6'5"
Spence between 6'2"-6'3"

Pinder 6'5"
Victor 6'4"

This is not including the speedy and shifty guys were in running for too. These big guys, some of them have to pan out and it's going to be scary.

Langham is the one im interested in, for his height he has good speed i can see him being a beast here

Brady 6'3".
Langham about 6'5"
Spence between 6'2"-6'3"

Pinder 6'5"
Victor 6'4"

Missouri was able to run through the SEC with the mindset that big WRs are the in thing. (They should have beaten USCe and been undefeated) I am all for it if they have good hands, have heart, and have good speed.

Advertisement
Back