The Work 4-27

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Brad Kaaya got some big news this week as he is officially good to go for May 18th enrollment. Previously, Kaaya was unsure if he would be here in May or late June. Obviously the sooner he gets on campus, the better his chances are to win the starting job.

**Dexter Williams’ recruitment could be a roller-coaster ride for Miami fans. I spoke to sources on the Williams side as well as the Miami side and both tell me it will be very difficult to keep him committed the entire cycle. UF feels confident that they are very much in the picture for him and Miami knows that the Gators are a real threat. In other words, don’t be surprised to see a drama-filled recruitment whether Williams signs with Miami or not.

**Also at the running back spot, UF and FSU are still in pursuit of Jordan Cronkrite. Florida State was at Westminster last week and conveyed that message to him. Travaris Robinson at UF is still keeping in contact as well. It is highly unlinkely that there will be anything to worry about here, but it is a good sign for Cronkrite as a prospect that both of those schools still want him.

**Any reports of Trayone Gray officially qualifying for Miami are premature at this point. Miami is more confident than before, but they have not received any information that leads them to believe that he is in the clear. If Gray does get in, look for him to start out at RB.

**Miami is very high on newest commit Quentez Johnson. He was right near the top of their wish list at the defensive tackle spot. The Canes plucked him out of SEC country so they will need to keep recruiting him if he blows up the way they think he will. He is built a lot like 2014 signee Courtel Jenkins.

**Deon Cain is a major target for Miami right now. He is one of Golden’s favorite all-around prospects in this class. It would be a monster pull considering the other schools recruiting him. Larry Scott has taken the reigns with Golden.

**Tyrek Cole remains the priority at the cornerback spot for Miami and the chances with him remain very good. A defensive back class with him, Tim Irvin, and JaQuan Johnson is potentially special.

**Look for a number of new offers to go out this week.

**Here are the current weights of a few signees who will be enrolling on May 18th:
Demetrius Jackson: 226
Chad Thomas: 245
Brad Kaaya: 230
Courtel Jenkins: 317

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete..I have a Feeling Jaquan Johnson is not coming here do they somebody else on there board...And what about DEVONTAE PEETE HE CAN EASILY THE TOP WIDE RECIEVER IN THIS CLASS

Thanks for the updates, Pete.

Not surprising to hear that Williams' recruitment will be a roller coaster. Losing the headliner of this class would be a backbreaker regardless of the other RBs that may be in the mix this cycle. Have to keep him at all costs, but sounds like it will be tough.

Cronkrite, like Williams, will have top-tier programs trying to lure him away until the day he enrolls. Would be great to hold off FSU and UF to keep him.

Glad to hear that Cain is a top priority. His potential is through the roof and we need a player of his caliber who has the potential to develop into a No. 1 receiver once Coley heads to the league in a couple years.

Advertisement
Good work Pete!! I been following on Twitter ..I have a OT question, Who do you Take in a 3-Point Contest, Mike Miller or James Jones??? Lol

Advertisement
Any news on the Jordan Scarletts recruitment?

something like this...
319.gif

Chad Thomas: 245
Brad Kaaya: 230
Courtel Jenkins: 317

Those right there are some DANG GOOD NUMBERS for incoming freshman...

WOW. Them boys is coming in ready to play...

Pete or anyone can you shed any light on where Gray would move if RB does not work out for him

Advertisement
Back