The Work 1-30

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**First off, let’s put the rumors to rest that Tracy Howard and Duke Johnson were telling Travonte Valentine not to come to Miami. They are not true. I spoke to a source who talked to both of the players, and they said they had not even talked to Valentine during the process. This is not a surprise, but it is worth posting when someone posts accusations like that.

**Hopefully Brad Kaaya’s tweets today end the speculation that he was entertaining Boise State. As I’ve said for months, he was nothing but solid. Kaaya told me that he informed the Boise State coaches last night that he would be signing with Miami so that they could pursue other options at the position. Kaaya also wanted me to clear up some rumors that his girlfriend took the Boise State trip with him. He says the she was not on the visit with him and will be applying to Miami next year.

**David Njoku will not be visiting Ohio State, who looked like Miami’s biggest threat. The Miami side felt like they were leading before this news came out, so look for him to wind up a Cane unless something changes. This would not take Miami out of the Lenius sweepstakes. They still want him.

**A coach of Lamont Gaillard has posted on the board that Larry Scott is doing a very good job of recruiting him. Gaillard will be on campus this weekend and Miami is cautiously optimistic.

**Bo Scarborough has set his official visit for this weekend as well. Coley has taken the reigns in this recruitment.

**Treon Harris will be on campus this weekend with an open mind. I exchanged messages a little while ago with his brother, Tim Harris, Jr. and Treon has not made any decisions. He is looking forward to seeing Miami in an official capacity since he has not been on campus in a while.

**Chad Thomas-FSU talk has slowed down significantly in the last 24 hours. I always expected him to stick, but I am even more sure of that after talking to a few more people today.

**Not much new on JC Jackson. Miami still feels good. I have messages out to UF people to see what their side is hearing. I will update here as soon as I get a response.

**Some very positive news for Miami: 2015 studs Shawn Burgess-Becker and Calvin Ridley will be announcing their choices on Sunday and all signs point to Miami. Both could wind up as 5-star recruits, so the challenge for Miami will be holding onto such early commitments. Great looking start for the upcoming class.

Advertisement
"Coley has taken the reigns in this recruitment."

th

Advertisement
this staff fights till the end at least. good part is starting next year, no ncaa question is there. until recently, this year's seniors still had that on their mind.

Besides the craziness of the DT recruiting, looking like a much better finish then we thought two weeks ago.

Good stuff mane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete is the best man in the game, another great piece of work and my trust is definitely in Coley hands !!!

Advertisement
Back