The Work 1-24

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Yes, Chad Thomas will be at FSU this weekend. Anytime a 5-star commit visits the reigning national champs, there is a valid reason for concern, but Thomas continues to tell me he is solid to Miami, despite his visit plans. I will refer you to a quote he gave me a little over a month ago - “Nah, nah, nah. I’ll never change. I committed to Miami so that’s what I’m gonna do. I’m loyal. I might take another visit just to see other things because I’ve been in Miami for 18 years, but you know I’m locked in with Miami.”

**It is known by now that Tavon Ross will be on campus today and throughout the weekend. Miami feels that getting on him before both Georgia and Alabama has given them the upper-hand here and this weekend could go a long way to landing him.

**What I reported a few weeks ago on the junior college defensive tackles still looks to be the case (http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/61582-HUGE-news-on-the-JUCO-DT-front?highlight=JUCO+DT). Heurtelou is expected to be enrolled today or tomorrow and Wyche is still not expected to be here for Spring. Look for Wyche to stay at JUCO this semester and be here in May.

**My feeling right now on Travonte Valentine is that he will be LSU bound. LSU coaches are very confident that he will be theirs on NSD.

**I expect Miami to be a legitimate player for Lamont Gaillard down the stretch. If he follows through on his visit next weekend, things could get interesting. Miami is on him HARD.

**Darrion Owens is not officially in yet, but he is expected within the next few days. Would be a huge boost for a prospect who is sill raw and could use spring practice.

Advertisement
**Yes, Chad Thomas will be at FSU this weekend. Anytime a 5-star commit visits the reigning national champs, there is a valid reason for concern, but Thomas continues to tell me he is solid to Miami, despite his visit plans. I will refer you to a quote he gave me a little over a month ago - “Nah, nah, nah. I’ll never change. I committed to Miami so that’s what I’m gonna do. I’m loyal. I might take another visit just to see other things because I’ve been in Miami for 18 years, but you know I’m locked in with Miami.”

**It is known by now that Tavon Ross will be on campus today and throughout the weekend. Miami feels that getting on him before both Georgia and Alabama has given them the upper-hand here and this weekend could go a long way to landing him.

**What I reported a few weeks ago on the junior college defensive tackles still looks to be the case (http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/61582-HUGE-news-on-the-JUCO-DT-front?highlight=JUCO+DT). Heurtelou is expected to be enrolled today or tomorrow and Wyche is still not expected to be here for Spring. Look for Wyche to stay at JUCO this semester and be here in May.

**My feeling right now on Travonte Valentine is that he will be LSU bound. LSU coaches are very confident that he will be theirs on NSD.
**I expect Miami to be a legitimate player for Lamont Gaillard down the stretch. If he follows through on his visit next weekend, things could get interesting. Miami is on him HARD.

It's misses like this that will prevent us from being elite again

Really? Legit player for Gaillard. I gues u know something that the player and coach don't know...

And losing TV would be a major blow!

Advertisement
**** valentine to lsu. We cant seem to get d-tackles for ****. And good look on the info pete.

Advertisement
this whole chad thomas visiting Bama and FSU so late in the process just seems a little fishy, if you want to take visits to see places why not do OV earlier in the process why not go to USC or Texas to see nice big cities

Pete do you think TV was gonna flip to LSU even if the Golden flirtation with PSU didn't happen?

Advertisement
Valentine will be close but with the LSU and UM ov and AG in home coming up nobody knows where he's going so lets not rip Pete at all right now and Gaillard like I said yesterday will be close because that UGA stay got rebuilt completely so he has no connection with any of them

What prevents us from holding Duke and VT under 90 points? Do we have to be elite to do that?

Some of you guys are way too far ahead, "elite."

I never claimed that we were close to elite, but having an elite DT/DL is a step in that direction, hence my post

Let me put it this way....elite talent helps but perhaps there is MUCH MORE

Program X

Class Ranking

2014: 23rd Ranked Class

2013: 40th Ranked Class

2012: 12th Ranked Class

2011: 21st Ranked Class

2010: 18th Ranked Class

AVG Ranking: 23rd

2010-2014 W/L: 46-8 (31-5), 4 BCS Bowls and 2 Wins

Advertisement
The season started strong, finished as a total disaster....our recruiting started strong and is now a total disaster

Valentine saw the Duke game and lost faith in this staff, not firing D'Noforio we basically signed his LOI to LSU

What prevents us from holding Duke and VT under 90 points? Do we have to be elite to do that?

I tend to agree with you on this one. I understand the desire to suddenly be elite again but I think you gotta take each situation and look at it independently. Losing Valentine to a program like LSU is npot ideal...but it's LSU and they are a top SEC program right now that also beats out schools like Alabama for guys ....

Elite is where we wanna be....but first we gotta get to REALLY GOOD...and it aint even to that level yet.

I tend to agree with you on this one. I understand the desire to suddenly be elite again but I think you gotta take each situation and look at it independently. Losing Valentine to a program like LSU is npot ideal...but it's LSU and they are a top SEC program right now that also beats out schools like Alabama for guys ....

Elite is where we wanna be....but first we gotta get to REALLY GOOD...and it aint even to that level yet.

I am not saying we don't need Valentine. I am not saying I don't want Valentine.

I am just saying that before we get here ELITEville, we need to take a step into PRE-ELITEtown. Our fans seem to be a little far ahead.

Advertisement
Back