The wildcat.....

Carolinacane83

Sophomore
Premium
Just wondering what others think about the wildcat...

I HATE it. I think it is gimmicky. I think we have a strong enough offense that we don't that B$. Now that we are utilizing the TE there is even LESS need for the wildcat.

I hope it's not in the 2013 play book!

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I like it. And I forgot Dallas Crawford was only a freshman.

We have so many friggin athletes and Jedd is finding a way to get them all on the field. Good luck to DCs preparing for that.

Couldn't disagree more. Crawford brings an interesting wrinkle to the offense and he was made to do the Wildcat.

I like it, gives defenses something else to worry about.
I'm telling you I think the offense is going to be a monster next year.
Morris was terrific the last half of the season and Duke...

Advertisement
LIke it in the redzone where morris strugles

We need to realize this isnt the 90's any more..Wildcat works against us every timei

Last edited:
I like all of our trick plays because they result in multiple wide open players and the skill position guys throwing the ball often check down to the easy completion for medium yardage (e.g. the handoff to Morris throwback yesterday, and the Dallas Crawford play at Virginia even though he took the harder throw). Too often you see trick plays that either go for a big gain or are intercepted with very little in between. Fisch has worked hard to maximize the potential of these plays while minimizing the risk.

Advertisement
The other thing with Crawford running it is, he can actually pass the ball. Where a lot of teams that run the wildcat, only run out of it.

The Wildcat is like a tad of seasoning to an otherwise full-bodied pot roast.

And the kids like Jedd's 'unusual' plays. Keeps it interesting for them.

Advertisement
Back