The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

Advertisement
Wow Enos sucked so much that the most DOMINANT F*CKING TEAM IN CFB FOR 8 YEARS and the GOD HC OF CFB hired him and wanted to upgrade him into the OC role for the MOST DOMINANT F*CKING TEAM IN CFB.....yeah he really sucks....you are so F*CKING smart....

Another “Well saban wanted him!” argument.

Again, really compelling stuff from a tangible offensive production standpoint.

Oh so Penos’ five year slate at Central Michigan was chock-full of LSU and Alabama?
Nice strawman. I didn't say that. Was simply pointing out the stats you try and present as some unquestionable concrete fact that Enos will suck as OC here really don't tell us that at all.

Enos is highly respect by his peers and those in the industry; he is unarguably a fantastic QB coach; he is a former HC with OC experience as well; he earned enough respect and trust from Saban that he was going to make him Bama's OC; UGA also was trying to get him... yet he sucks and the hire was lazy, right?

My biggest concern is Manny said the days of lining up and having the best players and winning were over and it was time to out scheme other teams. I’m watching highlights I don’t see where he out schemes anyone as an OC

Advertisement
Didn't say that. Was simply pointing out the stats you try and present as some unquestionable concrete fact that Enos will suck as OC here really don't tell us that at all.

Enos is highly respect by his peers and those in the industry; he is unarguably a fantastic QB coach; he is a former HC with OC experience as well; he earned enough respect and trust from Saban that he was going to make him Bama's OC; UGA also was trying to get him... yet he sucks and the hire was lazy, right?

“Saban wanted him and was respected by his peers.”

Again, 7 seasons in charge of offenses and the best you can all do is give off-the-field reasons that don’t discuss his production.

Telling.

but everyone on here would rather have an OC (applewhite,T,Fedora) that got fired vs one that was wanted for two SEC jobs.

Again, "fired" coaches can still have an impact as coordinators. Don't believe me? Look at Kiffin's offense at Bama. Or the turnarousn Gene Chizik made at UNC as defensive coordinator.

And another thing - no one is saying that "I'd prefer X fired coach to Enos!" The fact of the matter is MANNY SAID HE WANTED TO BRING IN A SPREAD UP-TEMPO COACH, and then brought in a guy who has NO HISTORY with spread concepts. He's been ground and pound his entire career.

I'd be fine if it wasn't Fedora or Applewhite. I would have been fine taking a Group of 5 coordinator (Yost and Harrell were my top choices). All, I think, would have been better here - young, up-and-comers that could bring some excitement into the fold.

Plus heavy spread/air raid systems don't win titles. You run those when you don't have talent.

Clemson just won 2 out of the last 3 national championships based out of a spread power base. We don't want air raid - we want athletes in space, which is what our recruiting grounds are best suited for.

Again, if you think Enos gets us guys like Ridley, Jeudy, etc. -- my question to you is "why?" We're basically running Alabama or Georgia-lite. Those kids will still go to those schools; you want to be able to pitch them something different, because UGA and Bama will always have that +1 on us.

Did any of the other guys have better stats? Didn't think so.

LOL. Look at the numbers Yost put up at Utah State, or Harrell at North Texas. Those guys DID have better stats.

You will never get a top OC from a high performing school to come here for the same job. Those guys are fine where they are and want HC jobs.

Again, Chip Kelly was hired from New Hampshire. Chad Morris was from Tulsa. We could have located those guys. It didn't need to be a major P5 coordinator coming to the Gables, and most of history indicates the best results come from guys making the jump from smaller schools.

Last edited:
James Coley S&P ranking at miami:
2013 - 5
2014 - 34
2015 - 49

Dan Enos S&P ranking at Arkansas:
2015 - 4
2016 - 39
2017 - 43

id think it should be easier to offense at miami, but i guess S&P is supposed to take stuff like competition into consideration anyway?

difference is Enos will have a much better defense to work with, and the talent level really shouldnt ever drop off too much like it can at arkansas

Advertisement
The fact that this Gator runs his mouth all time, has 20,000 posts and is slurped on by most of you is pretty telling about a lot of things.
At first I was gonna say something about your lack of posts on this site. Then I saw your handle......

Keep on keepin on brotha.

So do you expect to actually change peoples minds and are you just in it to incessantly whine?

I made a thread inviting anyone who likes the hire to present an argument based on his production as a football coach so there can be a discussion.

Would you like to attempt to present one, or just bltch in this thread like a twizzler-wristed sissy?

Wow Enos sucked so much that the most DOMINANT F*CKING TEAM IN CFB FOR 8 YEARS and the GOD HC OF CFB hired him and wanted to upgrade him into the OC role for the MOST DOMINANT F*CKING TEAM IN CFB.....yeah he really sucks....you are so F*CKING smart....

Look up Doug Nussmeier and Jim McElwain after they left Alabama, and tell me how well that worked out.

Look up Doug Nussmeier and Jim McElwain after they left Alabama, and tell me how well that worked out.

It's like people don't get this, or think the rest of college football is dumb.

"Hey, that Air Raid doesn't work against the big time teams, so it's stupid."

As if Texas Tech would just do what Bama does and line up and try to manhandle the team in front of them, their offense would be sooooooooo much better.

Advertisement
“Saban wanted him and was respected by his peers.”

Again, 7 seasons in charge of offenses and the best you can all do is give off-the-field reasons that don’t discuss his production.

Telling.
So what is the point YOU are trying to make, bud? We have a new HC who canned the entire offensive staff due to the their putrid performance last season. He makes an OC hire today that is being widely lauded around the nation. We desperately need help in the QB room and he is a proven QB whisperer. Both Bama and UGA (two of the nation's best teams from the last half decade) wanted him as OC. There is zero question that the mandate to any OC Manny brought in was to open up the offense and not use something archaic like CMR was. But because he didn't have great offensive stats when he was HC at Central Michigan a half decade ago means the hire sucks, we should all be b-tching and crying like you are, and people should fire up a gofundme for "Fire Manny" banners?!?

What the fvck is your point? We should just be b-tching to b-itch? His time in Central Michigan as an HC means he can't be good as an OC here? Is it too much to ask to be excited about all the change and stay optimistic that the pieces will come together and click? WTF is the point of spitting a bunch of negativity and venom like you are today?

I made a thread inviting anyone who likes the hire to present an argument based on his production as a football coach so there can be a discussion.

Would you like to attempt to present one, or just bltch in this thread like a twizzler-wristed sissy?
You made a thread to b-tch and whine because you didn't get the OC hire you wanted.

Advertisement
Is it too much to ask to be excited about all the change and stay optimistic that the pieces will come together and click? WTF is the point of spitting a bunch of negativity and venom like you are today?

You can be excited. Many people are on the board presenting threads and posts as to why they like the hire.

I made one as to why I do not. If you are a sensitive guy (clearly) and it is bothering you to hear a different viewpoint, maybe don’t read the thread.

but everyone on here would rather have an OC (applewhite,T,Fedora) that got fired vs one that was wanted for two SEC jobs. Plus heavy spread/air raid systems don't win titles. You run those when you don't have talent. That was never our problem. Did any of the other guys have better stats? Didn't think so. You will never get a top OC from a high performing school to come here for the same job. Those guys are fine where they are and want HC jobs.
First:
Neither OC Applewhite or OC fedora was fired. They were fired as HCs which is a totally different jobs.

Second:
YES both those OCs put up better numbers than our new OC... in fact, it’s why they were offered HC gigs.

Fourth:
If a system can work without talent, what’ll it do WITH talent?

This thread is a prime example of why we probably have the worst fan base in America. Everyone is an idiot in the CIS world except the porsters.

Advertisement
Back