The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

Just incredible, pulling out an oldie but goldie, did all of you HERD members eat lead paint chips as kids?

It was widely reported that Saban was going to appoint Enos as the Tide's Offensive Coordinator, which, in fact, means he wanted him to stay.

A man of Saban's stature is not going to beg a potential employee to stay as there are countless potential O-coordinators from around the country jumping up and down shouting at Saban; Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

In other words, he would never set that precedent as that quickly becomes a slippery slope in regards to other potential hires.
Wasn't in the room but fairly certain Saban wasn't begging, on the other hand for all you know Enos told him I've got an offer from
Manny Diaz at Miami and Saban laughed him out of the room.

Advertisement
First off, prior to his retirement most here thought he was a fool, after leaving $16 m on the table, it has now been established as fact.
Most here are claiming Miami outbid Bama and Georgia for Enos' services, apparently not the case, if it wasn't about money question is then how do you steal this guy?

Steal him by telling him he gets to run his offense, not the desired wish of Saban which was to run a much more conservative office than they ran this past year.

Wasn't in the room but fairly certain Saban wasn't begging, on the other hand for all you know Enos told him I've got an offer from
Manny Diaz at Miami and Saban laughed him out of the room.

Bingo! Of course, that is what you would think because after all, that presents a negative impression of the "U" that you HERD members have been promoting day and night over the past approximately 15-years.

Based on the numbers...why did Saban hire the man? Based on the numbers why did Saban want the man to stay in Tuscaloosa as the Tide's Offensive Coordinator? Is it your opinion that Saban is stupid and makes terrible hires?

I will wait and see your response.
1) Saban hired him to be Qb coach, based on the numbers he is good at that.
2) Saban probably wanted to keep him because he sees potential in him. But potential doesn't equal production. And Saban would likely eventually if he put up the production he normally does, based on the previous number. Just like he did with Applewhite.
3) I am not against the hire. But the numbers are what they are. And I certainly hope that they change for the better.

Advertisement
If accurate, he wanted to trump Saban and bring in 'his guys', where exactly would 'his guys' have come from, in twenty plus years of coaching this
guy hasn't stayed employed in any one spot too long.

You folks realize this schlub is a GheyTurd troll?
Don't waste bandwidth on this board arguing with him.

Last edited:
Everyone involved with Alabama seems shocked he left. I think it came down to him basically being the head coach, but just on the offensive side of the ball. Coaches learn a lot from Saban, but he grinds most of them down. At Miami, he's been given the keys, like Richt did with Diaz on defense. Diaz brought in the guys he wanted, and did pretty well, so he is probably doing the same with Enos, hence the hires so far.

1) Saban hired him to be Qb coach, based on the numbers he is good at that.
2) Saban probably wanted to keep him because he sees potential in him. But potential doesn't equal production. And Saban would likely eventually if he put up the production he normally does, based on the previous number. Just like he did with Applewhite.
3) I am not against the hire. But the numbers are what they are. And I certainly hope that they change for the better.

Saban has had a wee bit of success, thus he's not turning his offense over to someone as a social experiment, especially after the shellacking by Clemson.

His respect for and belief in Enos is verified by the plan to appoint him as the Tide's Offensive Coordinator.

By the way, as for statistics...“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
penos.jpeg

If accurate, he wanted to trump Saban and bring in 'his guys', where exactly would 'his guys' have come from, in twenty plus years of coaching this
guy hasn't stayed employed in any one spot too long.
I’m thinking this rumor was probably true since we proceeded to hire Butch Barry, Air Force WR coach, etc.

Advertisement
Just incredible, pulling out an oldie but goldie, did all of you HERD members eat lead paint chips as kids?

It was widely reported that Saban was going to appoint Enos as the Tide's Offensive Coordinator, which, in fact, means he wanted him to stay.

A man of Saban's stature is not going to beg a potential employee to stay as there are countless potential O-coordinators from around the country jumping up and down shouting at Saban; Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

In other words, he would never set that precedent as that quickly becomes a slippery slope in regards to other potential hires.

Earnest T. Dumbass wrong yet again, what a shocker

While at the same time most of college football hates what the SEC does offensively. It's how they recruit and how they play offense that most people envy.
Their schemes have always been regarded as being stuck in the past and a detriment to winning. Something that must be overcome to win. And yet, this is the part of the SEC we just copied.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Advertisement
Back