The NCAA is ******** us already

Perryman52

Staff Changes on the Way
Banned
seems like sanctions have started already......whatever happened to swift punishment? This class is being killed by the NCAA investigation.

Advertisement
Sucks more because this all happened under the pathetic tenures of Randy and Larry.
Golden has a long road, and having a top 15 class shows alot about his ability to sell.

Golden is definitely doing a great job given the ****** situation he was dealt.

Advertisement
This class is far from being killed by sanctions. We have a
pretty **** good class so far, not sure why folks can't see that.

A top 10 class filled with "Football Players" is definitely what I would call getting screwed.....

With all the recent rumors of decommitments, the potential sanctions and the mediocre season we just had I am really down on Miami football. But regardless, I still rocked a Miami hoodie around today. I don't know when we will be back, but we will be one day. It may happen under Golden or it may not. We WILL be back though.

Advertisement
It's the culture. SoCal kids didn't abandon USC. I don't think Ohio kids would have abandoned OSU if they got real sanctions. So Fla kids love to disrespect Miami on the way to committing elsewhere in normal years. Add in possible sanctions and you have a lot of kids leaving like disrespectful pricks.

That said, I like our class. Golden built a class with a solid foundation and planned to finish strong with the big recruits. The sanctions killed the final push to get some top recruits, but it's still a solid class.

Those teams have been relevant in the last 10 years we haven't. We have basically been a .500 team for while now, these kids were probably 8 or 9 the last time we were good.

Were the So Cal kids loyal to USC when they were mediocre for 18 years between 1983-2001?

It'll be months before we hear anything, there are a number of steps that still haven't been fulfilled yet including charges, time for appeals, etc, I don't know the exact process but it was explained to me in that manner. Will not happen before signing day

Golden is still pitchin the USC angle of this. If the sanctions come down, anyone that signed that year can be released from LOI without sitting the year out (i.e. how we got Sentrel). Should help some.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back