The More You Know...About Florida

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Hatred doesn't even begin to describe our feelings about Florida. But before you can defeat your enemy, you must first know them.

128.jpg

Now some of you may be asking yourself, "Self, why should I hate the Gators? Sure they duck us at every turn. Sure they're giant douche bags. But since we hardly ever play them anymore, why should I hate them any more than say, Florida State?"

If any of you are actually dumb enough to think that way, I would simply present you with this:

Neil Shulman said:
...In 2011, convicted Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro claimed that he had provided illegal benefits to dozens of players considering Miami from 2002 through 2010...As a result of the entire scandal, Miami was hit with the "lack of institutional control" charge, which is typically the most severe infraction the NCAA can find.

Here's the thing: All 12 players were eventually reinstated once they repaid their restitution. The players from the 2002-2004 teams never did, and since they are long out of Miami, have no reason to ever do so. Even if they do, they never did while at Miami; therefore, they might well be ruled ineligible for the duration of their careers at Miami. Thus, while Miami beat Florida in 2002, 2003, and 2004, it was using several ineligible players, and it's as sure a bet as any that all three games are going to be vacated (if not forfeited to Florida), bringing the official all-time series record to 26-25 in favor of Florida.

By now, you can see where I'm going. Since Foley is unwilling to schedule Miami, and since his results are going to keep him in office for as long as he's healthy, this is their last meeting in the foreseeable future unless the two teams meet in a bowl game. A Florida victory in Sun Life Stadium in September would all but ensure the Gators possession of the series lead for keeps (though nothing is official until the NCAA comes down with its sanctions), and would put a nice bow on what was formerly one of the most heated rivalry games in college football. A loss, however, would mean that the all-time series is probably going to wind up tied, and filled with question marks...

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the mindset of UF fans.
Their *****assness really knows no bounds. You read that right folks, Gator fans are already counting on us having our wins against them from 2002-2004 vacated. That way if they win, they'll claim ownership of the series lead, and if we win it's only tied, with no plans to play in the future. You can't make this stuff up.

[video=youtube;iTTqsu5HK-A]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTTqsu5HK-A[/video]

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

1.png

The Gators are expected to be in a 3 team race with Georgia and South Carolina all year for their division title. They opened the season ranked in the top 10 in both the Coaches and AP poll. They aren't expected to fall in next week's poll either whenever it comes out despite the fact they sleep walked through their game with Toledo.

Here's what Toledo fans are saying about Florida:

Florida looked every bit a top 10 team, outgaining the Rockets in total offense, 415-205. The Gators scored on their first possession, held a 17-3 halftime lead, and kept the Rocket offense at bay in the second half.

Toledo was led by senior running back David Fluellen, who rushed for 46 yards and gained 42 more on three receptions. Overall, Florida made it tough for the Rockets’ potent passing attack, holding senior quarterback Terrance Owens to 17-of-38 passing for 155 yards.

Can't really take any thing from that as it seems as though their game went about how our game with FAU went. Pretty vanilla and boring on offense, while the defense didn't allow the inferior team to do anything. They get back 5 players from suspension, including starting cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy and Mike linebacker Antonio Morrison.

2. What happened the last time Miami played Florida?

416.gif

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Shannon didn't mention Florida Coach Urban Meyer's name but implied that Meyer's decision to kick a field goal in the final seconds fired up some UM recruits who called him after the game.
10.gif

10.gif

"Sometimes when you do things and people see what kind of person you really are, you turn a lot of people off," Shannon said Sunday. "Take from that what you want. It helped us more than you will ever know." Shannon wouldn't elaborate, but he apparently was referring to Florida's field goal with 48 seconds left. The score added another contentious chapter to the on-and-off rivalry that isn't set to resume until 2013.

After Florida ended a six-game losing streak to Miami, Shannon and Meyer exchanged cursory handshakes on the field. Later, Shannon said he heard from recruits who were traveling back from the game.

/sigh

3. Who to be scared of:

11.jpg

Loucheiz Purifoy

Stud. Stud. Stud. Stud. Stud. He's not the only one either. UF has lots of really good players on defense even after the departures of Matt Elam and Sharrif Floyd. Purifoy just does it all; DB, special teams, and wide out. He's got the speed and cover skills to hang with any of our receivers, and the hitting/tackling ability to be a force in run support. Florida likes to bring him in on blitzes from his Cornerback spot a lot. He also returns kicks for them. There was even talk of him having an increased role at WR in the offseason. The guy just makes plays (#Analysis).

Here's him last year against South Carolina and Georgia:

[video=youtube;mnvHdjhx9fY]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvHdjhx9fY[/video]

He's also just one of several really good DB's. Hopefully our receivers do a better job this week getting separation than they did against FAU.

4. Player that will score against us:

12.jpg

Trey Burton

This guy lines up everywhere for UF. Florida likes to have him in the backfield, split him out wide, put him in motion, and sometimes taking snaps as a QB in the Wildcat. He's not elite at any of those spots, but he's a pretty **** good athlete and great with the ball in his hands. He seems to have found a home at WR, so expect him to make plays in the intermediate passing game against our back 7.

Here's him in the wildcat last year:

[video=youtube;4ehSrSdjYWo]www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehSrSdjYWo[/video]

5. Person that will **** you off:

13.jpg

Quinton Dunbar

Disclaimer: Their whole team sucks, but for the purposes of this post I'm keeping it to just 1 guy.

You might remember this Gator from the 2010 recruiting cycle. This one time UM target de-committed a few weeks after pledging to us early in the process. A few months later, he and Booker T. Washington teammate Lynden Trail both committed to UF on the night that UM defeated Oklahoma back in 2009. These two guys were the first I ever heard say that they would still represent Miami even though they were leaving town. So stupid.

One can only assume Urban had a hand in their choice of a commitment date. He probably wanted them to do that to either pour salt in a wound after a loss in a big game, or to simply rain on our parade. Either way this guy is a ****. The only saving grace is that he sucks and his career at UF has been a waste. Because of that there's no college highlights to show of him. Expect him to make the "3-0-5" symbol with his hands after some worthless 5 yard catch.

6. Some other guy:

14.jpg

Ronald Powell

He led his team in sacks as a sophomore in 2011, but sat out last year because of a torn ACL. I really could've chosen just about anyone on UF's defensive line, or the entire group as a whole. Powell, Bullard, Easley, Fowler...they're all legit. I chose him just for the interesting match up that will take place throughout the game. He made a ton of plays for them his sophomore year, and going up against Flowers or Henderson will be his first big test since coming back from injury.

Here's him as a sophomore in 2011 against FSU:

[video=youtube;wFo345o9QJ4]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFo345o9QJ4[/video]

I'm just glad we're not trotting guys like Pipho and Youngblood out there anymore.

7. Official internet meme for this game:

Hernandez Memes

15.jpg

[video=youtube;pele5vptVgc]www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I only watched 4 minutes of your Purifoy clip and my question to you is: does he get better? For 90% of the first 4 minutes he looked like Shiit.

Advertisement
I only watched 4 minutes of your Purifoy clip and my question to you is: does he get better? For 90% of the first 4 minutes he looked like Shiit.
They aren't highlights. It's just game footage of plays that took place with him on the field. Same with Powell.

I hate them. I hate what they stand for, where they come from, the ground they walk on. I hate that team. I hate their fans.

It would give me no greater pleasure in life, at this moment, than winning next weekend. Their insufferable ****sucking attitude knows no bounds, and never ends. Most of their present fans weren't alive to see more than a SINGLE ******* WIN against us. ONE. Yet, they talk like they never lose, act like they never do wrong. I hate them.

We have the talent, we have the team, to win this game. Any Cane that doesn't think so LEAVE NOW. This game isn't for you.

Advertisement
They aren't highlights. It's just game footage of plays that took place with him on the field. Same with Powell.

Well, I actually finished watching the whole clip.
All the gators on this board say they have 3 shutdown corners, and that Purifoy is a sure fire 1st round pick.
From that game film it's obvious he's an excellent athlete, but as a corner that film shows he's pretty average.
I hope we double move their asses to death Saturday.

Biggest game in quite a while.

[video=youtube;oOBCs7_C7GQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBCs7_C7GQ[/video]

edit: I wish there was a cleaner cut of this video....

Last edited:
I hate them. I hate what they stand for, where they come from, the ground they walk on. I hate that team. I hate their fans.

It would give me no greater pleasure in life, at this moment, than winning next weekend. Their insufferable ****sucking attitude knows no bounds, and never ends. Most of their present fans weren't alive to see more than a SINGLE ****ING WIN against us. ONE. Yet, they talk like they never lose, act like they never do wrong. I hate them.

We have the talent, we have the team, to win this game. Any Cane that doesn't think so LEAVE NOW. This game isn't for you.

Lock it!

Advertisement
The more you know about Florida. Sounds like you're setting us up for a bad joke. "The more you know about Florida, the more herpes cream you'll need" or some ****.

Advertisement
I did get a good laugh about the claiming the series lead nonsense. Like what the NCAA says has any bearing anymore. If anyone honestly still listens to a governing organization that can't even govern themselves, then I've got nothing for you.

It would give me no greater pleasure in life, at this moment, than winning next weekend. Their insufferable ****sucking attitude knows no bounds, and never ends. Most of their present fans weren't alive to see more than a SINGLE ****ING WIN against us. ONE. Yet, they talk like they never lose, act like they never do wrong. I hate them.

I feel the same way. After reading many of the gators post leading up to this game, it clear that they think they are superior to us in every way. They look at Miami like its a second class football program, no respect. Dante Fowler Jr. said "It's a big game because we in it." I hope our canes come out and play the game of there lives and beat these arrogant pricks.

Advertisement
Back