The More You Know...About FAMU

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Next up for the Hurricanes is FCS opponent Florida A & M. Lets look and see what, if anything, we can learn about them.

SSx4ZO5.png

Miami seems to play an FCS school every year, which is fine with me. It's a guaranteed win. Over the past 10 years they've almost always come from the MEAC, with Bethune-Cookman and Savannah St. each getting opportunities to get demolished by us. And like with those other schools it's hard to find out anything about them. So I asked twitter for help:

cRsAGbq.png

hMl0Kt2.png

FfrOlQE.png

LOL, ok what else?

5GFH9bF.png

Ok, don't care about any of that. How about football related?

EdkfQST.png

qurXsU6.png

I haz a sad now.

EvLZzO7.png

That's better. #TrendingUp. FAMU gave up over 400 yards of offense to Jackson State last week. However, they did hold them to mostly field goals. Which as you know is a good thing because yards don't matter, right?

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

SmlRFNV.png

FAMU is usually one of the better MEAC teams. That's not saying a whole lot, but I guess it's something to be proud of. I guess you could say it will be a more competitive game than Savannah St. was last year. I mean that in the same way that an armadillo would fair better in a fight against a lion than say, a mouse would. Like I a said earlier they just lost to Jackson St. so here's what some person said about the game:

Ros Dumlao said:
...The Jackson State's sideline was cleared as players and coaches rushed to the endzone, with the crowd erupting in the background, all toward DeSean McKenzie, who caught the game-winning Hail Mary touchdown. As the clock expired, Jackson State defeated Florida A&M 22-17 in Saturday's opener in Veterans Memorial Stadium. "As they say, it's not over until the fat lady sings, and the fat lady sung in the last play," said Jackson, who's in his first year coaching at JSU...

Sounds exciting.

2. What happened the last time Miami played FAMU?

9gjmvAk.jpg

From the AP:

...Harris completed 12 of 15 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns before sitting out the second half, and the 13th-ranked Hurricanes got their first shutout since 2006 by beating overmatched Florida A&M 45-0 to open the season Thursday night...

I don't know what's more disconcerting; the fact that this game was the first shutout since the brawl-filled game with FIU in 2006, or that we haven't shut anyone else out since. There was also this fight in the stands:

[video=youtube;2pPvcKoAm_w]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPvcKoAm_w[/video]

The article correctly points out the irony in the girl talking on the PA system about how awesome a school Miami is while these retards are throwing hands. Canesfam, bro.

3. Who to be scared of:

ggafByH.jpg

Vaughn Wilson/FAMU Athletics

Damien Fleming

Fleming, a Jacksonville native, has been the starter at FAMU since his freshman year in 2011. Since then he's been on the receiving end of several MEAC player of the week honors, and is considered one of the best QB's in that conference. Going into the 2013 season he was picked as a pre-season offensive player of the year. He struggled last year though, and eventually suffered a season ending foot injury in November. The coaches opened up the QB battle during the offseason and Fleming regained his spot as the starter.

[video=youtube;9oPZJ82IV4Q]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPZJ82IV4Q[/video]

Now a senior, he looks to bounce back and put that injury plagued 2013 season behind him. He's pretty mobile to go along with his passing ability, so he'll probably look to run at the 1st hint of pressure. Here he is in high school slinging it around:

[video=youtube;DinsShyP4CE]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinsShyP4CE[/video]

4. Player that will score against us:

ivubkNv.jpg

Vaughn Wilson/FAMU Athletics

Gerald Hearns

Hearns is a 5-9 true freshman from Dwyer HS in Palm Beach County. In his college debut last week, all he did was lead his team in both rushing and receiving yards. He scored what would have been the game winning touchdown in the final minute on a 2 yard swing pass. We shouldn't have too much to worry about from him though. FCS schools don't have the offensive linemen to dictate that much in the run game. Nevertheless, here are some Hudl clips of him as a senior at Dwyer last year.

5. Person that will **** you off:

Xao3sWF.jpg

Mary Schwalm/Associated Press

Curtric "Spiffy" Evans

Spiffy went to Chaminade here in South Florida. Spiffy is also an extremely stupid name. If that alone wasn't a good enough reason to hate him, the fact that he was on the field the last time BC won in Miami will do it. He never did anything against us though. In fact this 7 yard catch is about the only meaningful thing he ever did in either the 2011 or the 2012 matchups.

HqBiHZA.gif

It wasn't meaningful because it accomplished anything. That's obvious. It was meaningful because on the very next play Perryman got a pick 6 to tie the game at the end of the 1st quarter. He sucks, just like any and everything else associated with those at ******** at BC. He's transferred to FAMU now and will probably return kicks for them. Here he is returning a punt for a TD against a crappy team.

[video=youtube;uAGEO3FTIiw]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAGEO3FTIiw[/video]

With all due respect Courcy, ***** this guy.

6. If FAMU was a professional wrestling stable, they would be:

vSEZKyT.jpg

The J.O.B. Squad

Being an FCS school who routinely plays schools in the Power 5 conferences, you can't be ashamed or afraid of being asked to lay down to a superior opponent. So it's pretty easy to draw comparisons to FAMU and the J.O.B. squad. Those guys embraced who they were and their status within the WWF at the time, and so does FAMU. Sure they may win on occasion. I mean back in 1979 the Rattlers went toe to toe with a Hurricanes team in the early years of the Schnellenberger era and came out with the W. But that's a rarity. Kinda like that one time Mick Foley did a run-in and bashed Billy Gunn's head with a leaf blower to help them get a win over the New Age Outlaws.

[video=youtube;du5LKrL-WSo]www.youtube.com/watch?v=du5LKrL-WSo[/video]

That match is 100x more interesting than this Saturday's game could ever hope to be.

7. Official Internet meme for this game:

Snakes on a Plane

MI4eVuW.jpg

[video=youtube;pele5vptVgc]www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc[/video]

Advertisement
Nice work. Stopped reading at FAMU and just looked at the pictures.

Can you do the next one in crayons like a Coley offensive game plan?

If we don't score more than 40+ points and/or if we give up more than 14 points to them, this board will lose its sh*t.

CANES 48
FAMU 13

Advertisement
Advertisement
"FCS schools don't have the offensive linemen to dictate that much in the run game."

Neither do we. Sigh...

Advertisement
Good job Danno! Hopefully we can stay to rebuild some confidence with these kids. Duke with 100 yards in the 1st quarter, then pull him. 49-10

Advertisement
Nice work. Stopped reading at FAMU and just looked at the pictures.

Can you do the next one in crayons like a Coley offensive game plan?

LMAO, aren't you the one on the mopes *** about derogatory comments??? Hypocrite much...

I don't want to see Duke. At all. We don't need some weird Stephen Morris type crap happening to him and have to watch him hobble and hear excuses from golden how duke is banged up through November

I want to see heavy doses of Yearby. 20-25 carries

Strictly vertical passing game from Kaaya using the middle of the field

KC McDermott starting at RT

Scary to say but the development and increase in confidence for Kaaya , Yearby, KC McD and Darling over these next two weeks is key for us this season...

...whether or not anyone even gives a crap anymore

I don't want to see Duke. At all. We don't need some weird Stephen Morris type crap happening to him and have to watch him hobble and hear excuses from golden how duke is banged up through November

I want to see heavy doses of Yearby. 20-25 carries

Strictly vertical passing game from Kaaya using the middle of the field

KC McDermott starting at RT

Scary to say but the development and increase in confidence for Kaaya , Yearby, KC McD and Darling over these next two weeks is key for us this season...

...whether or not anyone even gives a crap anymore

I want to see this TEAM come out aggressive in all facets of the game. I want to see a vertical passing attack, I want us sending 8 guys on 1st down... release the ******* dogs!!!

Advertisement
Back