The Ghost of Randall

CaneSB

Freshman
Golden must, at some point in the game, think to himself, how did they get those guys and we got these JAGs...2010 made me throw up in my mouth a little. I had to post all the where are they nows just to rub it in.

Defensive Players still on team from recruiting classes pre-Golden

FSU
Everett Dawkins DE
Anthony McCloud DT
Nick Moody LB
Toshmon Stevens DE
Vincent Williams LB
Miami
Ramon Buchanan DB
Jeremy Lewis DT
Vaughn Telemaque DB

FSU
Brandon Jenkins DE
Demonte McAllister DE
Xavier Rhodes CB

Miami
Shayon Green DE
A.J. Highsmith ATH
Brandon McGee DB
Curtis Porter DT
Luther Robinson DT

FSU
Terrence Brooks DB
Christian Jones LB
Lamarcus Joyner DB
Telvin Smith LB
Bjoern Werner DT

Miami
Jeffery Brown DT
Kelvin Cain LB
Tyrone Cornelius LB
Devont'a Davis DB
James Gaines LB
Kevin Nelson LB
Keion Payne DB
David Perry DE
Kacy Rodgers DB
Andrew Tallman DE
Delmar Taylor DT
Travis Williams LB

Advertisement
Part coaching and development fail, part eval/recruiting fail.

IIRC Rhodes was a WR for Bad luck Shanrock's alma mater.

But look at the DL Golden has recruited.

The DL recruiting under Golden has been WORSE than what it was under Randy!

How can you judge Fr and true So (was a 1/2 class for Golden if that) Defensive Lineman? DL is a grown mans game.

Randy is the reason why we have to play so many young guys on the DL. Smith, Porter, LRob, Cain, Green are our only upper classman on the DL and Cain and Green are converted LBs and Golden brought in Smith last year.

How can you judge Fr and true So (was a 1/2 class for Golden if that) Defensive Lineman? DL is a grown mans game.

Randy is the reason why we have to play so many young guys on the DL. Smith, Porter, LRob, Cain, Green are our only upper classman on the DL and Cain and Green are converted LBs and Golden brought in Smith last year.

Vernon, Forston, Ojomo are the reason for all the young guys.

Golden is the reason the talent level of the young guys, overall, suck.

Advertisement
FSU has some **** good player development. We need better player development or you'll have 5 stars that look like JAGS.

They do, but the recruits they develop start so much better than Al's guys, too.

Miami would take all 15 or so of FSU's defensive linemen.

FSU would take like 1 or 2 of Miami's. Maybe.

There's your difference.

Randy is the reason why we have to play so many young guys on the DL
. Smith, Porter, LRob, Cain, Green are our only upper classman on the DL and Cain and Green are converted LBs and Golden brought in Smith last year.

No Golden is. Listen we're playing young guys because they were brought in to run the kind of defense Golden wants. That upper classmen are 4-3 lineman that were brought in to run that defense. They aren't bad players they just aren't being used properly. Golden is ok with that because he believes getting the younger guys on the field and playing his system trumps putting those upperclassmen in the best possible position to be successful.

Golden is having to toss true freshmens on to the field like he's shoveling coal into a furnace.

Shannon left a mess. Gonna take sun tyne to get the roster in order.

Advertisement
FSU has some **** good player development. We need better player development or you'll have 5 stars that look like JAGS.

They do, but the recruits they develop start so much better than Al's guys, too.

There's your difference.

Because AL's guys aren't big enough yet to run his system. I'm not willing to give up on any of these younger guys because I truly believe the big issue here is the system were running. Everyone says look at Alabama the problem is Alabama is the only team in the country that runs that defensive system at a high level they also have a ton of giant players in the front 7. Alabama's base defense is also a cover 1 where we're trying to run a cover 3 base.

You say FSU's guys start better, but FSU had a lot of Freshman and I'm talking big name freshman like Karlos Williams and Lamarcus Joyner that couldn't get on the field their first year. **** they brought in the top defensive player in the nation and he couldn't crack FSU's rotation until someone got hurt.

No the reason all the young guys are playing is because Randy sucked at recruiting. We have 1 DL playing, Robinson, from the entire 09 and 10 recruiting class. There are suppose to be our upperclassman instead Randy gave up David Perry, Jeff Brown, Delmar Taylor, etc.

No the reason all the young guys are playing is because Randy sucked at recruiting. We have 1 DL playing, Robinson, from the entire 09 and 10 recruiting class. There are suppose to be our upperclassman instead Randy gave up David Perry, Jeff Brown, Delmar Taylor, etc.

Yep. Randy's last DL recruiting class wasn't very good. At all.

But the guys Golden has brought in, overall, are no-talent scrubs. Not a youth issue. Talent.

Randy is the reason why we have to play so many young guys on the DL
. Smith, Porter, LRob, Cain, Green are our only upper classman on the DL and Cain and Green are converted LBs and Golden brought in Smith last year.

No Golden is. Listen we're playing young guys because they were brought in to run the kind of defense Golden wants. That upper classmen are 4-3 lineman that were brought in to run that defense. They aren't bad players they just aren't being used properly. Golden is ok with that because he believes getting the younger guys on the field and playing his system trumps putting those upperclassmen in the best possible position to be successful.

What upperclassman DL? We have exactly 2 hold overs from Randy; LRob and Porter (who hasn't taken a snap yet this year). Green and Cain are converted LBs, Smith was a JUCO guy.

Advertisement

But the guys Golden has brought in, overall, are no-talent scrubs. Not a youth issue. Talent.

Hamilton, McCord, and Chickillo are no-talent scrubs? I think I remember why I rarely read the football board anymore.

Hamilton, McCord, and Chickillo are no-talent scrubs? I think I remember why I rarely read the football board anymore.

I said overall. There is an exception like Chick.

Hamilton post injury has not regained his explosion. McCord will be a good pass rusher, but can't be an every down guy. Frame limited.

I'm impressed you can tell me what kind of players true freshman are going to be as seniors. You're probably in the wrong line of business if you're not a scout.

Advertisement

There's your difference.

Because AL's guys aren't big enough yet to run his system. I'm not willing to give up on any of these younger guys because I truly believe the big issue here is the system were running. Everyone says look at Alabama the problem is Alabama is the only team in the country that runs that defensive system at a high level they also have a ton of giant players in the front 7. Alabama's base defense is also a cover 1 where we're trying to run a cover 3 base.

You say FSU's guys start better, but FSU had a lot of Freshman and I'm talking big name freshman like Karlos Williams and Lamarcus Joyner that couldn't get on the field their first year. **** they brought in the top defensive player in the nation and he couldn't crack FSU's rotation until someone got hurt.

He didn't recruit that player. For example, he needs a couple of 330 pound hosses to anchor the point of attack. Instead he reached on JUSO scrub Darius Smith and then recruited a bunch of tweeners like Grimble, Pierre, etc.

FSU is one of the kings of recruiting class busts and underachieving. Some of the Nole-slurping here is out of reality.

Advertisement
Back