The Fight....

Appreciate the optimism and hope you're right.... Situations like this are what Killed Golden and CMR so hopefully Manny learns from it....
Golden couldn't let D'Ono go and CMR wouldn't bounce his kid... Manny must accept it's ok to pull the trigger on friends for the sake of the team...
Man F' Manny when it comes to making a change, it's time for the AD to step in and say "say Manny let me holla at u, BAKER has to go buddy along with a few others, now we want u here but these changes has to be made"

Advertisement
Not sure I can give the whole “team” credit for this. There is/was a LOT of quit out there last night. Ivey, I’m just not sure what he’s doing most of the time. Cam mailed it in on a bunch of plays last night specifically on the play fake that he could’ve blocked the blitzer that almost killed King instead just stood there. The whole D looked like they mailed it in on that one drive for their last TD.
Phillips and Roche disappeared completely for most of the game, though Phillips did have a solid game, it was far from a dominant performance.
Couch made a great play late for the sack. And the couple big stops Nests made there weren’t many “plays” made by the D last night. Heck, even the pick was a drop by them. We missed the other two opportunities we had to get picks.
Im happy with the win. But one of these nights someone is going to put their foot down on us and we will not only lose but get worked. And we may not recover for another win if/when it happens. I’m hoping we can grind out a win next week. It will be a tough game for sure. Tech should end up ranked if they can beat Liberty today.
TOO MANY FANS ON HERE ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE L.. I sure hope it doesn't happen, I pray we finish the season with 1 L, then the talk will be about something else.. 7-1 how ever it happens, just make it happen!! Let's keep ****ing the fake UM fans off maybe they'll find a new team!!

MAN if any of what you speaking of is true NO WAY Miami would've won last night.. This WIN showed that they are mentally tough, teams in the past weren't mentally tough and got beat by FAU and La Tech.. I'm sorry boss I have to disagree, this team definitely has flaws and needs a lot of improving but not being mentally tough is one of them..
They kept fighting, which is a huge improvement over last year. But let’s not fool ourselves, we won because of luck as much as anything.

Fans like you crack me up that you could care less how awful your team plays as long as they get the win, as if you can’t see the underlying tumor, but you aren’t dead, so it’s all good. This ain’t the NFL. At the end of the day, nobodies gonna remember this seasons record whether, it’s 10-2, 9-3, whatever. Just keep sucking but keep winning what? We still will get curb stomped again by Clemson. It’s the improvement that’s actually important. That’s what we want to see, yet we are still are poorly coached, as our endless penalties confirm. Our record is a false flag.
6-1 buddy, 7-1 is the goal for this team.. Ppl only remember and talk about WINS/losses.. Those great Hurricane teams in the pass had games like this and they even loss a few, BUT don't talk about that, ppl talk about how the WON games.. Ugly or pretty a WIN is a WIN, one game the offense scores big and defense looks bad our fans complain next time the offense looks shabby and the defense holds it down and our fans complain, 😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
TOO MANY FANS ON HERE ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE L.. I sure hope it doesn't happen, I pray we finish the season with 1 L, then the talk will be about something else.. 7-1 how ever it happens, just make it happen!! Let's keep ****ing the fake UM fans off maybe they'll find a new team!!
We were down by 10 late in the 4th to a team that on paper, with a backup qb, we should crush. We have L’s for sale each week.

They kept fighting, which is a huge improvement over last year. But let’s not fool ourselves, we won because of luck as much as anything.
LUCK, Miami Hurricanes have luck.. If you say so, we did get some breaks but wouldn't say luck.. NC St had that chance to put a nail on the coffin, but the DEFENSE woke up and remembered they had a game.. And Miami make the best of it..

6-1 buddy, 7-1 is the goal for this team.. Ppl only remember and talk about WINS/losses.. Those great Hurricane teams in the pass had games like this and they even loss a few, BUT don't talk about that, ppl talk about how the WON games.. Ugly or pretty a WIN is a WIN, one game the offense scores big and defense looks bad our fans complain next time the offense looks shabby and the defense holds it down and our fans complain, 😂😂😂😂
What is that sign of, good coaching or bad? Why is one side always crapping the bed? Those other Canes teams had one off let down games. We make every back up qb look like Tom Brady. We are in a death role to competition that we should have a backup qb in against at the end instead of wishing dumb luck goes our way. There’s a difference.

Advertisement
LUCK, Miami Hurricanes have luck.. If you say so, we did get some breaks but wouldn't say luck.. NC St had that chance to put a nail on the coffin, but the DEFENSE woke up and remembered they had a game.. And Miami make the best of it..
We do have good luck, which is an improvement over bad luck.

We were down by 10 late in the 4th to a team that on paper, with a backup qb, we should crush. We have L’s for sale each week.
ON PAPER, this game is played on the field not on paper.. Our offense did crush them, they made some big plays with a back up QB but who in the **** said backups are not good, this kid is good..
I sure hope our backup can perform like him!!
BUT the game is played on the field not on paper, Yes it was a ugly WIN but it got done.. 6-1 go canes

**** on this team if you want but 6-1 is 6-1 so idgaf about the stipulations that you all want to put on every victory, as long as they are victories. Some of you seem to forget that less than a year ago, we lost to 2 G5’s, while barely beating another, during a 6-7 season. But now you demand weekly dominance. We ain’t there yet. But we are winning and that’s a huge step in the right direction.

All I need is for us to keep racking up Ws, close on our class/improve the team’s talent level through recruiting then do it again next year at an even higher level, rinse and repeat. Wins are wins. No one is going to give a **** that their backup started when looking at this season in retrospect.

“Fans” like you crack me up as if you are above enjoying a victory bc of this, that and the next. I’m not far enough removed from the past 15 years to take a conference road victory that improves us to 6-1 for granted. But do you.

Advertisement
ON PAPER, this game is played on the field not on paper.. Our offense did crush them, they made some big plays with a back up QB but who in the **** said backups are not good, this kid is good..
I sure hope our backup can perform like him!!
BUT the game is played on the field not on paper, Yes it was a ugly WIN but it got done.. 6-1 go canes
Yep, each week the qb become Aaron freaking Rogers against us. Not strange at all.

**** on this team if you want but 6-1 is 6-1 so idgaf about the stipulations that you all want to put on every victory, as long as they are victories. Some of you seem to forget that less than a year ago, we lost to 2 G5’s, while barely beating another, during a 6-7 season. But now you demand weekly dominance. We ain’t there yet. But we are winning and that’s a huge step in the right direction.

All I need is for us to keep racking up Ws, close on our class/improve the team’s talent level through recruiting then do it again next year at an even higher level, rinse and repeat. Wins are wins. No one is going to give a **** that their backup started when looking at this season in retrospect.

“Fans” like you crack me up as if you are above enjoying a victory bc of this, that and the next. I’m not far enough removed from the past 15 years to take a conference road victory that improves us to 6-1 for granted. But do you.
They key in this statement above all else: CONFERENCE ROAD VICTORY, every team in the country plays a close conference game a year. I know this isn’t our first one but over the last 15 years we 100% lose this one. The difference between 10-1,9-2 vs. 7-4,6-5

Advertisement
No, we won because we are really, really good.
1604763369875.gif

I see all the "We need to blowout NCST" crowd is here.

Didn’t we say the same **** in 2013 when we started 7-0 and were squeaking by bad teams?

Check the join date there buddy. I’m as dedicated of a fan as you will meet. I don’t post a lot because I have no connections to recruiting or the team. I’ve coached enough youth/high school sports to know when there are effort issues.
If you can’t watch this team and see the similarities between this and 2017s 10-0 start I don’t know what to tell you. There are some issues we are exhibiting that do not scream mentally strong.

Ill admit it, I’m completely jaded. This team has done this for years, look good, give you hope, keep winning so you look past the warts. But the things I’m seeing will always come back to get you eventually.

Funny enough I’ll still be upset when it happens. Unfortunately the more I see us play the more I believe it will happen.

I’d love nothing more than to see us win out.

Advertisement
Back