THE DOWNLO w/MIDLO. Canes & college football stuff. 11/12/23

Advertisement
1599848252545.png

I saw it live, was yelling at my TV so loud my pregnant wife came out of the bedroom to scold me, then immediately texted my Canes friends/fam about the blatant hold. That was blatant holding right at the point of attack. Missing that call is an embarrassment, but I guess it's Game 1 for the refs, too.

Advertisement
One observation I made and it’s just me but if it comes down to King leaving or coming back I think it should be an easy decision for him.He certainly is the most dynamic QB we’ve had here in a while maybe ever but he doesn’t have an NFL arm at least not one that would offset his 5’10 stature.

I just don’t think that NFL teams will be lining up to go to a QB that’s best attribute is running.I know the NFL is heading to the mobile QB but those guys Jackson,Murray etc all have rockets for arms.King has a decent arm but nothing over impressive.
I just think it bodes well for us if there’s a choice to be made cause if he goes to the draft he will be a 6-7th round pick at best and more than likely an UFA IF he wants to stay at QB and not switch to WR.

Again this is just my uneducated opinion but after watching him throw last night I think he comes back if there’s a choice to be made.

Advertisement
One observation I made and it’s just me but if it comes down to King leaving or coming back I think it should be an easy decision for him.He certainly is the most dynamic QB we’ve had here in a while maybe ever but he doesn’t have an NFL arm at least not one that would offset his 5’10 stature.

I just don’t think that NFL teams will be lining up to go to a QB that’s best attribute is running.I know the NFL is heading to the mobile QB but those guys Jackson,Murray etc all have rockets for arms.King has a decent arm but nothing over impressive.
I just think it bodes well for us if there’s a choice to be made cause if he goes to the draft he will be a 6-7th round pick at best and more than likely an UFA IF he wants to stay at QB and not switch to WR.

Again this is just my uneducated opinion but after watching him throw last night I think he comes back if there’s a choice to be made.
I think that’s going to come down to how the rest of the year pans out. He could still put up big passing numbers after shaking off rust. And him coming back another year only puts him another year older going into the NFL. If he strings together some big games (which of course I hope he does) I don’t see him sticking around for another one

Tate Martell got suspended? That can’t happen. Veteran guy now. I would have to think he’s on the brink of getting booted on another strike.
In before predictable "Diaz has lost the locker room" starts.

Same crowd moping when Richt suspended the all-time Cane great Sambourghini...

🙄

In before predictable "Diaz has lost the locker room" starts.

Same crowd moping when Richt suspended the all-time Cane great Sambourghini...

🙄
O/U Martell sees :30 seconds of play time this year?

The game has passed Martell by. I just don't see it with Perry riding ***** and TVD waiting in the wings.

O/U Martell sees :30 seconds of play time this year?

The game has passed Martell by. I just don't see it with Perry riding ***** and TVD waiting in the wings.
Agreed. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Martell was a "kept behind in school on purpose" kinda cat (like J Manzeil) and he is what 21 (maybe 22 at this point?).

Ouch for his future prospects. Likely going pro in a career other than as a football player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back