THE DOWNLO w/MIDLO. Canes & college football stuff. 11/12/23

Advertisement
1610562954419.png

1610562982954.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMGs strength coach from 4 years ago is the head strength coach at Bama. I think IMG has a problem with players not buying in.
My comment was more to the "coaches teaching players correct skills in the proper progression..." part. But I tend to agree with you that the mercenary attitude over there makes it tough to get buy in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From a Cam Underwood article:

Buried in the release above is another key piece of information: Diaz announced he will return to calling the defensive plays during games next season. This is arguably the biggest news of any from today. Yes, Baker was brought in to run the same style of defense as Diaz, but the efficacy clearly decreased when Baker was calling the plays instead of Diaz.

This is yet another step — and a big one — for Diaz to try and steady the ship and get things moving in the right direction after seeing Baker’s version of the defense...uh....have some struggles in the back half of the 2020 season.

Just to run down the list, here’s the full Miami Hurricanes coaching staff for 2021 as presently constructed:

• Head Coach Manny Diaz (will call defensive plays)
  • OC/QB coach Rhett Lashlee
  • RB coach Eric Hickson
  • WR coach Rob Likens
  • TE coach Stephen Field
  • OL coach Garin Justice
  • DC/LB coach Blake Baker
  • DL coach/Associate Head Coach Jess Simpson
  • Striker coach/ST coordinator Jonathan Patke
  • DB coach Travaris Robinson
  • CB coach DeMarcus Van Dyke

Advertisement
Back