The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History

305to954

All ACC
Both Pearl Harbor and 9/11 were known about in advance. They were allowed to occur. Both were needed to pursue an unpopular war.
Yeaa...no we are not gonna start with conspiracy theories..”allowed to occur”, no. 9/11, Was there definitely warnings of a attack yes. Did that administration drop the ball, hell yea. Did American interest and Bush need a reason to go into Iraq for those oil fields, your damn right..,as far as Pearl Harbor, the last thing America foreign policy of isolation was geared up to do is go to into that war..and we were ill prepared to do so also..if not for Pearl Harbor we don’t get involved. If we didn’t get involved the Europe we know and are mostly aligned with for the past decades doesn’t exist. If America didn’t get involved you’d be dealing with a communist Europe that would’ve spread into South America with no resistance

ShlomoShekelberg

Freshman
Yeaa...no we are not gonna start with conspiracy theories..”allowed to occur”, no. 9/11, Was there definitely warnings of a attack yes. Did that administration drop the ball, hell yea. Did American interest and Bush need a reason to go into Iraq for those oil fields, your damn right..,as far as Pearl Harbor, the last thing America foreign policy of isolation was geared up to do is go to into that war..and we were ill prepared to do so also..if not for Pearl Harbor we don’t get involved. If we didn’t get involved the Europe we know and are mostly aligned with for the past decades doesn’t exist. If America didn’t get involved you’d be dealing with a communist Europe that would’ve spread into South America with no resistance
Sorry, I know it is difficult to accept, but both were known about in advance and were allowed to occur. In both cases, the U.S. government wanted war and needed a justification to persuade the American people to support the effort. That's why our aircraft carriers were nowhere near Pearl when the Japanese attacked. That's why only the old, slow, expendable battleships were anchored there. The Roosevelt administration knew the attack was coming and wanted it to occur. That was the whole purpose behind the McCollum Memo. Commie Roosevelt wanted into the war to save England and the Soviet Union, which were both on the ropes at the time. Same goes for 9/11. That was all PNAC/intelligence community organized. They needed a new "Pearl Harbor" to justify an aggressive foreign policy stance in the Middle East and they got it.

305to954

All ACC
Sorry, I know it is difficult to accept, but both were known about in advance and were allowed to occur. In both cases, the U.S. government wanted war and needed a justification to persuade the American people to support the effort. That's why our aircraft carriers were nowhere near Pearl when the Japanese attacked. That's why only the old, slow, expendable battleships were anchored there. The Roosevelt administration knew the attack was coming and wanted it to occur. That was the whole purpose behind the McCollum Memo. Commie Roosevelt wanted into the war to save England and the Soviet Union, which were both on the ropes at the time. Same goes for 9/11. That was all PNAC/intelligence community organized. They needed a new "Pearl Harbor" to justify an aggressive foreign policy stance in the Middle East and they got it.
Yeaaa..okay we’ll just agree to really disagree on this one. I don’t believe neither were “allowed to happen”. The foreign policy missteps led to those occurrences. Thats like saying trump Allowed the coronavirus to spread in retrospect conspiracy history . I wouldn’t say that. But his early rhetoric and inaction didn’t help...as far as Pearl Harbor you need to understand the ‘why’. Why did Japan need to attack us on the pacific and weaken our fleet

ShlomoShekelberg

Freshman
Yeaaa..okay we’ll just agree to really disagree on this one. I don’t believe neither were “allowed to happen”. The foreign policy missteps led to those occurrences. Thats like saying trump Allowed the coronavirus to spread in retrospect conspiracy history . I wouldn’t say that. But his early rhetoric and inaction didn’t help...as far as Pearl Harbor you need to understand the ‘why’. Why did Japan need to attack us on the pacific and weaken our fleet
What you erroneously think were just "foreign policy missteps" were in reality designed to produce the outcome they produced. Just look up the McCollum memo. We were actively trying to goad the Japanese into attacking us, which they did. It was not a surprise to us when they finally attacked, it was only a surprise to the men who were sacrificed at Pearl and the American people back home, who were unaware of the depths of their own government's treachery. We, along with a few other countries, had been intercepting all of Japan's diplomatic messages long before the Pearl Harbor attack came. We knew all of their plans in advance. Same as 9/11. The whole attack was set up and carried out as a false flag, with our government involved at every level. They will never admit this, of course, because the American people can't be allowed to know just how corrupt and hijacked our government really is.

Coronavirus is something completely different. I'm inclined to believe the Trump administration, like many other governments around the world, got caught with its pants down. I've watched several of Trump's press conferences over the last few weeks, and I see genuine stress, fear, and concern on Trump's face and the faces of some of the people in his administration. Everyone with a brain knew and predicted that we would one day see an infectious disease with the pandemic potential of another Spanish influenza, but very, very few people actually thought it would happen this year, this month, or this day. It was always something to prepare for "in the future", but not necessarily now.

1st paragraph, that's like an apology with a but. It's meaningless and you just scapegoats any actions he could've taken, has taken, and will take by saying nobody could be prepared for it.

2nd, the stimulus package took how long? It isn't make or break in the time it took. You're once again taking your side acting as if their bill was perfect in its first draft. Guess what, they had some partisan bullshit in there as well that they tried to slide in. Both parties are guilty here and were politicking rather than doing what they should do.

3rd, what? Okay, whatever you say. Meanwhile, Trump's cronies stand side by side inches apart.

4th, is that an attempt at keeping it fair? I'm confused at this point. I do agree, they're all asshats, but that's Washington for a long time now.

Man, hell of a post.
What the people ranting and raving about "Pelosi holding up the bill with Democrat pork barrel projects" fail to understand is that those provisions weren't even in the Senate bill that just passed, they were in a competing House bill. Democrats never even brought them up in negotiations in the Senate.

If anything, the proposed House bill, and the prospect of Democrats potentially pushing that instead of the Senate bill, compelled Senate Republicans to budge on a number of key issues Democrats took issue with. Much greater oversight of the $500 billion earmarked to bailout businesses, greater unemployment pay and protections, one year ban on stock buy backs, ban on Trump, members of Congress or any of their family members from receiving bailout money for their businesses all were concessions the Dems were able to exact because they held out for them. Pelosi stated all along that she would be in favor of voting for the Senate Bill if key changes were made. Those changes were apparently made, which is why she said she is now in favor of passing it.

RVACane

“This space available”
If we didn’t get involved in WWII, I don’t know that we’d be dealing with a communist Europe today. I think the Nazis might have won. They almost took all of Russia but they were fighting a 2 front war with us in it.

@SayWhat - whatcha say on this one? Does Germany take Russia if we weren’t in the war and Europe speaks German today?

If we didn’t get involved in WWII, I don’t know that we’d be dealing with a communist Europe today. I think the Nazis might have won. They almost took all of Russia but they were fighting a 2 front war with us in it.

@SayWhat - whatcha say on this one? Does Germany take Russia if we weren’t in the war and Europe speaks German today?
This is all speculation, but I don’t think Germany ever takes Russia, and either way, they could’ve never held Russia. They couldn’t logistically support an extended stay in the country.

Hard to imagine both Hitler and Stalin living in the world are in the same time era.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Read yesterday. Not a bad article--although I disagree with several of his tenets.

Zenko is a Graham Allison disciple if memory serves and a Brookings alumni on the liberal side.

He makes a few good points that will undoubtedly be part of the "lessons learned" and the BILLIONS that are headed to CDC and other programs in the next few years.

Think how FEMA was remade after Katrina, we will see similar unfold for HHS, CDC, NIH, USAMRID, NSSP, and States own pandemic preparedness.

This Fall season (and forever more) watch several governors declare "pandemic emergencies" over positive flu indications in their cities.

Empirical Cane

Without direct US involvement of war fighters, the entire European continent, Britain, and ultimately Russia would have fallen under the Third Reich.

There is no serious debate on that topic.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
Read yesterday. Not a bad article--although I disagree with several of his tenets.

Zenko is a Graham Allison disciple if memory serves and a Brookings alumni on the liberal side.

He makes a few good points that will undoubtedly be part of the "lessons learned" and the BILLIONS that are headed to CDC and other programs in the next few years.

Think how FEMA was remade after Katrina, we will see similar unfold for HHS, CDC, NIH, USAMRID, NSSP, and States own pandemic preparedness.

This Fall season (and forever more) watch several governors declare "pandemic emergencies" over positive flu indications in their cities.
The bombastic title is not in good faith. It implies that this was preventable, when it was not unless you believe that it was an intelligence failure of every other country in the world.

Blaming us instead of China where it clearly belongs is like blaming the store for having glass windows when someone throws a rock through it.

Empirical Cane

The bombastic title is not in good faith. It implies that this was preventable, when it was not unless you believe that it was an intelligence failure of every other country in the world.

Blaming us instead of China where it clearly belongs is like blaming the store for having glass windows when someone throws a rock through it.
Zenko needs the clicks as does Foreign Policy Mag.

I'm surprised someone hasn't put out, "Pelosi pregnant with Trump love child, Melania moves Out!"

SayWhat

Sophomore

Not a chance, not enough manpower, can't cross the pond, and stretched way too thin. Not to mention, even if one said they could, they wouldn't hold it long. Both wars were just such an incredible sorrow on all levels and for all countries. Short on time, gotta run.

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
Worse than pearl harbor bahahahahahaha. Hillary voters kill me.

Dude tried to shut the country down and the dems wouldn't let him yet you blame trump. Cant make this up.

thisu

Recruit
What you erroneously think were just "foreign policy missteps" were in reality designed to produce the outcome they produced. Just look up the McCollum memo. We were actively trying to goad the Japanese into attacking us, which they did. It was not a surprise to us when they finally attacked, it was only a surprise to the men who were sacrificed at Pearl and the American people back home, who were unaware of the depths of their own government's treachery. We, along with a few other countries, had been intercepting all of Japan's diplomatic messages long before the Pearl Harbor attack came. We knew all of their plans in advance. Same as 9/11. The whole attack was set up and carried out as a false flag, with our government involved at every level. They will never admit this, of course, because the American people can't be allowed to know just how corrupt and hijacked our government really is.

Coronavirus is something completely different. I'm inclined to believe the Trump administration, like many other governments around the world, got caught with its pants down. I've watched several of Trump's press conferences over the last few weeks, and I see genuine stress, fear, and concern on Trump's face and the faces of some of the people in his administration. Everyone with a brain knew and predicted that we would one day see an infectious disease with the pandemic potential of another Spanish influenza, but very, very few people actually thought it would happen this year, this month, or this day. It was always something to prepare for "in the future", but not necessarily now.
Who assassinated JFK?