CFB Thats Gotta Hurt

Advertisement
I don’t know a lot about football, would somebody explain that hit? It looked out of bounds, but not egregiously so. It looked close enough to be an honest mistake. I did notice contact to the head. Is that what made the tackle so bad?

Not the most egregious targeting call we've ever seen, Carter says "hold my beer" to this, but it was definitely unnecessary.

Screenshot_20210503-102900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
I don’t know a lot about football, would somebody explain that hit? It looked out of bounds, but not egregiously so. It looked close enough to be an honest mistake. I did notice contact to the head. Is that what made the tackle so bad?
It looks like he launches with crown of his helmet at the helmet of the surrending out of. bounds runner (started as QB, but then took off changing his status)

Advertisement
Qb learned a valuable lesson on taking his sweet , casual time going out of bounds.
Nothing I hate worse is when a QB runs to the sideline, the defender lets up, then the QB tight ropes the sideline for a few more yards. ****es me off.

This one...Defender was already out of bounds and launched with intent...And yes, QB may have learned a lesson unless he just took the 15 yards for the team lol think about it..Come and get me come and get me come and get me.

Nothing I hate worse is when a QB runs to the sideline, the defender lets up, then the QB tight ropes the sideline for a few more yards. ****es me off.

This one...Defender was already out of bounds and launched with intent...And yes, QB may have learned a lesson unless he just took the 15 yards for the team lol think about it..Come and get me come and get me come and get me.
Bingo.

QB wasn't even out of bounds yet...defender could have hit him without consequence if he would have not gone headhunting. Lowering the crown to hit him in the chin is a penalty no matter who you're hitting, or where they are on the field. Total cheap shot. Derrick Morse would have ripped that guy's arms off and started beating him with them.

Advertisement
Two thoughts:

1. Don't lazily jog on your way to the sideline assuming the defense is just going to let up. This is (still) football.
2. I am fairly confident Deon didn't teach that defender to hit like that... and definitely not up high. Had he rolled back first into the QB's legs, I'd be suspicious it was Neon Deon's influence.

Advertisement
Back