REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
KU will go the Big 10. KU is not going to stick around in a conference with a bunch of nobodies.
KU won't be allowed to leave without KSU, and I don't know if schools like Iowa, Nebraska and others are going to tolerate that, just to get KU.

I said the wealth gap will be even greater now, not that it didn’t exist…read please. 12 team playoffs, millionaire teenagers who have never started or played a meaningful game are just a couple things that are stupid. Conferences are getting bigger for tv money only, not so they actually play each other…some teams will only play a cross divisional foe in their own conference once every 8 years if you go to 16 teams. It’s 7 years already for some
At some point it will be openly acknowledged (its obvious now) that the super athetic departments (or at least football/basketball) fully and formally have detached themselves from the institutions.

Because now they have to compete with Texas A&M and Texas for recruits. SEC doesn’t need Texas and OU to get money. They need the SEC
Technically Texas makes a lot of money on its own which is why they thought about going independent at one time with their LHN.

I agree SEC wouldn’t think of OU alone but Texas alone is a different animal. Revenue generated again from installing the longhorn and Aggie rivalry game on thanksgiving is big.

Yes, recruiting will be interesting for coaches but don’t forget the people who make these decsisipns only see dollar signs. You add Texas you flush the conference with more money if they split that LHN money… so ADs on down all get pay bumps.

Advertisement
Right. It’s not that there isn’t inherent difficulty, it’s just not the cut and dry, all or nothing dilemma that’s been siggested.
Having to receive approval from the state legislature and governor is in substance the same thing as having a law on the books.

Advertisement
It’s not even remotely the same thing. One provides a pathway for OU to leave the conference without OSU, the other does not.
Yes, it is the same. If there is a law on the books that says they can't leave without OSU, they can still petition the legislature and the governor to change the law. All that would take is a vote of the legislature and ratification by the governor. Without the law, they still have to go to a vote of the legislature and get ratification by the governor. It's the exact same process.

Technically Texas makes a lot of money on its own which is why they thought about going independent at one time with their LHN.

I agree SEC wouldn’t think of OU alone but Texas alone is a different animal. Revenue generated again from installing the longhorn and Aggie rivalry game on thanksgiving is big.

Yes, recruiting will be interesting for coaches but don’t forget the people who make these decsisipns only see dollar signs. You add Texas you flush the conference with more money if they split that LHN money… so ADs on down all get pay bumps.
Texas does. But I believe Texas saw what A&M was making out of their shadow and wants in on it. I could be totally wrong on that one now. Just an opinion. But I do know A&M has the most revenue in college football now. You make some excellent points. This should be interesting

Texas does. But I believe Texas saw what A&M was making out of their shadow and wants in on it. I could be totally wrong on that one now. Just an opinion. But I do know A&M has the most revenue in college football now. You make some excellent points. This should be interesting
Couldn’t agree more I think is all boils down to seeing how well the Aggies have flourished joining the SEC and not wanting to be left out looking in.

I’m sure they wish they could go back and leave with the aggies and join the SEC when they did. If memory serves me right the aggies and Mizzou of all teams went as a package deal.

Advertisement
Hypothetical situation to save big 12:

Nebraska leaves the Big 10, joins the remaining 8 Big 12 schools, adds SMU, Houston & Memphis. Big Red is the big dog again.

Would be the beginning of basically just a super conference with all of the big money teams minus OSU and Clemson. Bad for college football as a whole IMO and would just add even more to the BS SEC bias we already see.
ACC would need nd to join in all sports. Bring uscW in as football only cause the pac dies if big 12 collapses

and I’ll take ND and USCw over any teams in sec

Advertisement
Hypothetical situation to save big 12:

Nebraska leaves the Big 10, joins the remaining 8 Big 12 schools, adds SMU, Houston & Memphis. Big Red is the big dog again.

Can we join too? Big 12 lets teams make side deals for third tier media rights. I want to see Miami games on Telemundo and Amazon Prime.

Last I checked, Oklahoma state law requires approval of the state legislature in order for OU to go anywhere without OSU, so unless they got some kind of secret approval from the Oklahoma legislature (hint: they didn't), I'm going to say this
Can anyone explain to me the situation between OU and OKST? Like why can one not leave without the other?
There is nothing oklahoma state can do to stop OU besides put politicial pressure on them. The oklahoma governer is a oklahoma state grad like me but OU is going to the SEC if they want. It sucks for the rest of college football. Maybe texas a&m can veto texas which would be funny.

Advertisement
Back