REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Can we join too? Big 12 lets teams make side deals for third tier media rights. I want to see Miami games on Telemundo and Amazon Prime.

Been saying we should join the SEC for years…but of course Blake James fails as usual. Now it looks like we’re stuck in a basketball conference with the lowest revenues and mediocre matchups…unless someone at UM wakes up and decides to think big

Advertisement
Been saying we should join the SEC for years…but of course Blake James fails as usual. Now it looks like we’re stuck in a basketball conference with the lowest revenues and mediocre matchups…unless someone at UM wakes up and decides to think big
Only hope is sec wants us and FSU even though Florida would fight it tooth and nail

Curious as to why you would want the SEC over the Big10. I think the Big10 is #1 in revenue distribution per team. That matters more than which conference makes the most money overall.

Academically Big10 also seems much better than the sec (vandy aside)

Only hope is sec wants us and FSU even though Florida would fight it tooth and nail
1) Florida does not want either Miami or FSU in the SEC.
2) If this falls through and they can get the votes, Clemson and FSU make MUCH more sense than Miami. That’s a worst case scenario for us.

Advertisement
1) Florida does not want either Miami or FSU in the SEC.
2) If this falls through and they can get the votes, Clemson and FSU make MUCH more sense than Miami. That’s a worst case scenario for us.

A&M doesn’t want Texas, but as I said before on another thread…Florida couldn’t block us any more than A&M can block Texas. I’m being proved right in real time.

But it looks like UT and OU beat us to the punch. Texans think a little bigger, I guess. Miami needs to look at other options now.

There is nothing oklahoma state can do to stop OU besides put politicial pressure on them. The oklahoma governer is a oklahoma state grad like me but OU is going to the SEC if they want. It sucks for the rest of college football. Maybe texas a&m can veto texas which would be funny.
It's been stated that the OK legislature would have to approve OU leaving without OSU.

Reading some threads on both boards, sounds like this has been going on for months, very quietly behind the scenes between OU and TX. They got a 3rd party involved to throw the idea out to SEC.

Neither school had representatives on the phone call for Big 12 administrators tonight.

The Big 12 media deal expires in 2025 but most people writing about this believe this merger will happen sooner rather than later...

We can't win in the ACC. What makes u think we'd have even mediocre success in the SEC?

Advertisement
A&M doesn’t want Texas, but as I said before on another thread…Florida couldn’t block us any more than A&M can block Texas. I’m being proved right in real time.

But it looks like UT and OU beat us to the punch. Texans think a little bigger, I guess. Miami needs to look at other options now.
I’m not sure that I agree. For one, Texas brings way more to the table money wise. Two, A&M is a new kid on the block there. Florida has been around the SEC much longer. Three, I’m not so sure the other SEC bag schools would want to give us recruiting ammo. And four, FSU is the better cultural fit for the conference if they are choosing one or the other.

In any case, I think this is all hypothetical and semantics. I am just happy that peabrain Swofford is retired and can’t ***** up whatever the ACC does next. Guy thought way too small, with way too much of a focus on the Tobacco Road schools, with too much of a priority on basketball over football because of that.

The new commissioner is a relative outsider and a lot of the Big 10 wanted him to be their next commissioner. He played a big role in getting them their massive deal. I like just about everything he said in the article below. And don’t forget… if the ACC needs to expand, he was an associate AD at Notre Dame and has made it very clear they are the target to join in football.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31864558/acc-commissioner-looks-prioritize-growing-football-audience-conference%3fplatform=amp

Couldn’t agree more I think is all boils down to seeing how well the Aggies have flourished joining the SEC and not wanting to be left out looking in.

I’m sure they wish they could go back and leave with the aggies and join the SEC when they did. If memory serves me right the aggies and Mizzou of all teams went as a package deal.
Yep that’s correct they did. I believe Texas tried to stop A&M too

It's been stated that the OK legislature would have to approve OU leaving without OSU.
Thats kind of an urban myth. Last time it was rumored expansion the legislature and board of regents were diff people and one of which was burns hargis the Oklahoma state president and he worked with alot of OU people to find common ground. I dont see that happening this time to be honest.

Advertisement
Curious as to why you would want the SEC over the Big10. I think the Big10 is #1 in revenue distribution per team. That matters more than which conference makes the most money overall.

Academically Big10 also seems much better than the sec (vandy aside)

weather and travel time, mostly. Big 10 is also more likely to add USC, UCLA, Oregon.

Advertisement
IF Texas and OU go to the SEC, 2 thoughts:

1. Forget about playing Florida in the regular season ever again. The SEC would go to a minimum of 10 conference games each year to maximize their $$$ and allow more high-profile games and opponents within the conference. Florida would of course play FSU due to politics, and would most likely play a Group of 5 team at home.

2. This would then appear to be the onset of 16 team Super Conferences. If so, what does the ACC do? What can the ACC do? The best option would be for ND to join full-time, but what other marquee team could they get? No one would leave the Big 10 or SEC with the $$$ they are sharing already. It would have to be one of the remaining Big XII teams or AAC teams. My guess would be one of: Cincinnati, Baylor, Houston, TCU, West Virginia, or Navy (doubtful, but ND may make them a requirement in order to join).

Apparently the Big 10 is in talks with USCw, UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado about joining the conference.

LOL what is the ACC’s move?
So they are going to 18?

ACC needs to not overthink this. Get Notre Dame and get TCU or Baylor.

That makes us the odd conference out.
I think the ACC would be ok so long as they get ND, which pains me to say. The fourth conference would be the runts left over from the Big 12 and PAC 12.

If Texas and OU go to the SEC and the Big 10 picks up 2 of USC, UCLA, Oregon and Colorado, both the SEC and Big 10 will have 16 teams. At that point, I don't think ND would have any choice but to join the ACC because they would struggle to find enough opponents to fill their schedule, which would give the ACC enormous leverage. With a commitment from ND to join the ACC, the ACC may (it would be a longshot) have a chance at convincing Penn State to come over. If that were unsuccessful, the ACC would like grab TCU or Baylor. What's left of the Big 12 and Pac 12 would then merge into another 16 team conference.

Advertisement
Back