Tennison breaks down UM commitment and what future holds for career

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
It has long seemed like it was only a matter of time until Rockledge (FL) 3-star ATH Ladarius Tennison ended up as part of the Hurricanes’ 2020 class. Tennison named the Canes his leader immediately after landing his offer in November and committed to new head coach Manny Diaz while at Junior Day two weekends back.

“The coaches were all fired up,” Tennison said of his big moment. “It was a new start in life for me when I pulled the trigger.”

Only Tennison wasn’t the only recruit feeling the love at Junior Day: 4 other prospects gave their pledges to Miami that same day, and Tennison says the rush of commits had a lot to do with the vibe everyone was feeling at what Diaz terms “The New Miami”.

“It was a cool experience, they made it feel like home,” Tennison said. “Just the environment itself and the people who surround you. Like both coaches and players.”

The 5’9” 195 pound prospect plays all over the field for his Rockledge team, seeing time at running back, linebacker, and defensive back in 2018, but the Canes feel his best position is at safety for the next level. As for Tennison, he describes his style of play as someone that just loves the game.

“I mean I just play ball, I really don’t have a style,” Tennison said. “I just go out there and play ball and represent my last name and my family.”

On the defensive side of the ball, Tennison was a star as a junior and racked up a whopping 124 tackles, 38 TFL, and 10 sacks, along with 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, and 2 blocked kicks for Rockledge. Tennison feels his experiences in high school have adequately prepared him for the next level, but he knows he has to keep working hard to ultimately achieve his goals.

“I feel prepared and I will prepare and better myself when I get into college,” Tennison said. “Everyone still has to always work on their craft no matter what. I just want everyone to keep they eyes open cause I’m coming with a purpose. I won’t let nobody out work me. I’m coming with every intention to start and make a name for myself.”

In terms of recruiting, Tennison does not rule out visiting other schools in the future.

“I am still going to see other schools far as options-wise, but I’m very strong on Miami,” Tennison said.

The Canes are already off to a fast start in 2020 recruiting with 9 commitments in the early going and ranked #3 in the country by various recruiting services. On his classmates, Tennison feels that UM will be bringing in a culture-changing class with Category20.

“We gone be something special,” Tennison said of his class. “They got something serious, that I can tell you.”

And his message to all the Canes’ fans out there that have followed his recruitment?

“Just stay tuned,” Tennison says. “Size really doesn’t matter.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad we are finally starting to get players that have that mentality.two months ago nobody here would've bet we'd be hearing all the good things we've witnessed since new years day.hopefully it continues for a long time and all these commitments stay the course on signing day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It has long seemed like it was only a matter of time until Rockledge (FL) 3-star ATH Ladarius Tennison ended up as part of the Hurricanes’ 2020 class. Tennison named the Canes his leader immediately after landing his offer in November and committed to new head coach Manny Diaz while at Junior Day two weekends back.

“The coaches were all fired up,” Tennison said of his big moment. “It was a new start in life for me when I pulled the trigger.”

Only Tennison wasn’t the only recruit feeling the love at Junior Day: 4 other prospects gave their pledges to Miami that same day, and Tennison says the rush of commits had a lot to do with the vibe everyone was feeling at what Diaz terms “The New Miami”.

“It was a cool experience, they made it feel like home,” Tennison said. “Just the environment itself and the people who surround you. Like both coaches and players.”

The 5’9” 195 pound prospect plays all over the field for his Rockledge team, seeing time at running back, linebacker, and defensive back in 2018, but the Canes feel his best position is at safety for the next level. As for Tennison, he describes his style of play as someone that just loves the game.

“I mean I just play ball, I really don’t have a style,” Tennison said. “I just go out there and play ball and represent my last name and my family.”

On the defensive side of the ball, Tennison was a star as a junior and racked up a whopping 124 tackles, 38 TFL, and 10 sacks, along with 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, and 2 blocked kicks for Rockledge. Tennison feels his experiences in high school have adequately prepared him for the next level, but he knows he has to keep working hard to ultimately achieve his goals.

“I feel prepared and I will prepare and better myself when I get into college,” Tennison said. “Everyone still has to always work on their craft no matter what. I just want everyone to keep they eyes open cause I’m coming with a purpose. I won’t let nobody out work me. I’m coming with every intention to start and make a name for myself.”

In terms of recruiting, Tennison does not rule out visiting other schools in the future.

“I am still going to see other schools far as options-wise, but I’m very strong on Miami,” Tennison said.

The Canes are already off to a fast start in 2020 recruiting with 9 commitments in the early going and ranked #3 in the country by various recruiting services. On his classmates, Tennison feels that UM will be bringing in a culture-changing class with Category20.

“We gone be something special,” Tennison said of his class. “They got something serious, that I can tell you.”

And his message to all the Canes’ fans out there that have followed his recruitment?

“Just stay tuned,” Tennison says. “Size really doesn’t matter.”

I already Knew that he would be a safety, the decision to make him a Safety was his family not the U because of longevity. All other Schools want him as a Running Back. I talked to his mom on Saturday. To be honest, this kid is a better running back than Homer, Dallas,Miller,Walton, Cam Davis, Lingard coming out of High School ... He scored 4 to 5 TD since Pewee when running the ball but I am fine with him being at the U. In my opinion, he is a 4/5 Star.

Call me crazy. I want this kid replacing Shaq as our starting MLB.

London Fletcher, Sam Mills. This boy would be like Vilma squared

Advertisement
Bruh he’s 5’9 ain’t no way he playing mlb
But if he were 2 inches taller, errybody and their moms would have him as a 5* can't miss "SEC" linebacker. I say f the measurables, get the speed forward. Tennison hits like an absolute truck.

But if he were 2 inches taller, errybody and their moms would have him as a 5* can't miss "SEC" linebacker. I say f the measurables, get the speed forward. Tennison hits like an absolute truck.
This.
Mike Singletary and Zach Thomas both 5’11” and both hof’s

Advertisement
Back