Official TE Riley Williams drops a top 4… COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley Williams drop in rankings…. Cane lock 😂

It really is hilarious to watch this scenario happen year after year
At some point does it become less of "hilarious scenario against Miami" and more "yeah rightfully so the guys we get rarely pan out and the guys who get prioritized and sign with the top tier schools have proven to be more likely to succeed"? The highly ranked guys we sign flop. All. The. Time.

Why don't we actually prove we can identify talent, coach it up and have kids exceed expectations before acting as if every site is against us. Its played out and annoying.

Our guys drop because they often flop.

Advertisement
Mario (and Riley for that matter) picked the perfect year to become the HC at a new school. IC waiver for the first two years means you can reshape the program very quickly and fill the program with your players in 2 years rather than 3+ years. And if the school was under the 85 man limit to begin with, it can be done even faster.
Not to mention that we've got a lot of upperclassmen about to graduate or likely declare.

QB Van Dyke (declare early)- Matocha (grad)
TE Mallory (grad)
OL -Scaife-Nelson-Herbert-Reed-Traore-Oluwaseun (grad)
DT JMiller grad
DL Moultrie grad
DL JLichenstein grad
LB Ragone
LB Frierson
CB Blades
CB Stevenson
CB Ivey

Off the top of my head that's 17 outgoing schollies. So when I see us taking 3 TEs, or loading up on OL eval projects etc, we don't have a choice. Gotta get those numbers up to be able to practice and prepare.

At some point does it become less of "hilarious scenario against Miami" and more "yeah rightfully so the guys we get rarely pan out and the guys who get prioritized and sign with the top tier schools have proven to be more likely to succeed"? The highly ranked guys we sign flop. All. The. Time.

Why don't we actually prove we can identify talent, coach it up and have kids exceed expectations before acting as if every site is against us. Its played out and annoying.

this is a TE prospect....which we have been as dominant as any school in the country at developing them and them having success in the league .

Every other position over last 15 years minus DE and TE I agree with your take

This makes no sense. Let's just ignore the whole we have a new staff and holding the development failures of previous regimes against this regime is nonsense. If player X is being actively recruited by Alabama/Ohio State/Georgia and Miami, the fact that player X chooses Miami means he is necessarily less of a prospect?

I would argue another possibility is that the "analysts' who work for the recruiting services often trust themselves less than they trust coaches at certain schools. So when a borderline 3/4 star picks OSU, he suddenly is a sure fire 4 star because the analyst is effectively relying on the school's eval of the player. But if the same player selects UM, he is a 3 star because he was rejected by OSU.

Yet another reason why I believe that the recruiting analysts are crap. As an example, would Tate Martell have been ranked so high had his first choice of school been UNLV instead of OSU? I doubt it.

Advertisement
Not to mention that we've got a lot of upperclassmen about to graduate or likely declare.

QB Van Dyke (declare early)- Matocha (grad)
TE Mallory (grad)
OL -Scaife-Nelson-Herbert-Reed-Traore-Oluwaseun (grad)
DT JMiller grad
DL Moultrie grad
DL JLichenstein grad
LB Ragone
LB Frierson
CB Blades
CB Stevenson
CB Ivey

Off the top of my head that's 17 outgoing schollies. So when I see us taking 3 TEs, or loading up on OL eval projects etc, we don't have a choice. Gotta get those numbers up to be able to practice and prepare.
We will be witnessing the end of the Ragone Era!

How are guys dropping during the offseason? They’re not even playing football but the services are adjusting rankings…makes zero sense

I like it. Hopefully they throw him the **** ball because they didn’t with Skinner lol.
That was the turrible QB IMG had which conveniently the guy FSPOO is counting on to resurrect their program 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How are guys dropping during the offseason? They’re not even playing football but the services are adjusting rankings…makes zero sense
Rankings in this era aren't based out of in season play nearly as much as they are from the camp circuits & which ones you choose to go to & play in. 7 v 7 has them fooled too.

@IndayArtHauz

3CF2D035-388D-4B0E-B356-96A0BFD1224A.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back