How Miami’s TE’s Stack Up (edited thread title)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

UGA TE’s:

- Brock Bowers, 56rec 882yds & 13TD’s as a True Freshman last year
- Darnell Washington, 10rec 154yds & 1TD in his second season at UGA
- Arik Gilbert, 35rec 368yds & 2TD’s his Freshman season at LSU back in 2020, but had some academic & off-field personal issues that resulted in him transferring to UF in January of 2021, however, he would end entering the Portal again & transferring to UGA in June of 2021, which disallowed him from playing last season.

That’s two 5-star TE’s & Bowers being a high 4-star in the 21 class.

With Bowers they’re certainly in the discussion, but Darnell being a disappointment thus far bring them down a notch so far in this discussion IMO, but adding Arik Gilbert with his talent & upside/potential keeps them in the discussion as possibly the best TE group in the country. Although, it’s interesting that I’ve seen Gilbert actually being listed as a WR & apparently UGA plans on using him as more of an outside WR & potential replacement for Pickens not just as a traditional TE.

Miami TE’s:

- Will Mallory, 30 347yds & 4TD’s last season; 73rec 1,006yds & 11TD’s for his career
- Elijah Arroyo, 5rec 86yds & 1TD his TF season
- Jaleel Skinner
- Kahlil Brantley
- Dominic Mammarelli

Miami’s group is spearheaded by savvy veteran Will Mallory who’s had moments of good play, but has been mired by injury & inconsistency throughout most of his career, however it’s possible that this particular year may be the year where he plays at his best in a system that particularly geared towards the TE’s.

Then we have the former 4-star TE from Frisco TX (originally from Miami) in Elijah Arroyo, who was my absolute favorite player in the 21 class. He’s set to have a big time breakout season in his Sophomore year, the potential & upside he has puts him in position to be the next in the long line of storied TE’s in Miami’s history. IMO, he has NFL talent without question, my comp for him when he was coming out was Noah Fant. In this offense he will have the opportunity to put up some really good numbers & hurl himself into the discussion as one of the best TE’s in the nation.

Then Jaleel Skinner the 4/5-star TE who was a Bama commit but thanks to Coach Field & Mario we were able to steal him from them for ENSD. Him coming in an as EE & getting tons of reps in the Spring was huge for his development & from all reports he took full advantage of it. He’s still growing & adding more strength & still a work in progress but he’s way ahead of schedule in terms of his development which has lead to him possibly being in contention of cracking the 2-deep if Mallory’s injury history persists into Fall camp. But luckily for him, 13 personnel is not out of the question, which means he could have a chance to see the field some early this season. But either way, his potential & upside is sky high, the future is bright with this one.

Then with Kahlil Brantley & Dominic Mammarelli also being young guys with Brantley being a Red Frosh & Mammarelli being a Red Soph (or Frosh because he was a class of 2020 covid year kid), we have an immense amount of young untapped potential in the TE room & great depth if neither of these two guys decides to hit the Portal.

We may not have the proven commodity stats of UGA’s group right now, but I would argue we might have the Deepest TE group in the country & this coming from someone who is probably the least Homer fan on here. But barring injury or departure due to Portal, I actually think our 5 particularly in this offense stacks up with most TE rooms throughout college football.

Notre Dame TE’s:
- Michael Mayer, 71rec 840yds & 7TD’s
- Mitchell Evans
- Cane Berrong
- Eli Raridon
- Holden Staes

Iowa TE’s:
- Sam LaPorta, 53rec 670yds & 3TD’s
- Luke Lachey
- Jackson Frericks
- Josiah Miamen

Advertisement
Advertisement

Brant Kuithe, has 129rec 1,676yds & 17TD’s for his career at Utah

Advertisement
Our TE room is definitely good and I have no complaints about how it has been managed, but I don't think there is a person in the country outside our fan base taking ours over Georgia's for one season. Having a good fourth and fifth option is nice, but those dudes aren't getting many snaps and shouldn't really count here if we aren't assuming injuries and we are overvaluing garbage time.

UGA TE’s:

- Brock Bowers, 56rec 882yds & 13TD’s as a True Freshman last year
- Darnell Washington, 10rec 154yds & 1TD in his second season at UGA
- Arik Gilbert, 35rec 368yds & 2TD’s his Freshman season at LSU back in 2020, but had some academic & off-field personal issues that resulted in him transferring to UF in January of 2021, however, he would end entering the Portal again & transferring to UGA in June of 2021, which disallowed him from playing last season.

That’s two 5-star TE’s & Bowers being a high 4-star in the 21 class.

With Bowers they’re certainly in the discussion, but Darnell being a disappointment thus far bring them down a notch so far in this discussion IMO, but adding Arik Gilbert with his talent & upside/potential keeps them in the discussion as possibly the best TE group in the country. Although, it’s interesting that I’ve seen Gilbert actually being listed as a WR & apparently UGA plans on using him as more of an outside WR & potential replacement for Pickens not just as a traditional TE.

Miami TE’s:

- Will Mallory, 30 347yds & 4TD’s last season; 73rec 1,006yds & 11TD’s for his career
- Elijah Arroyo, 5rec 86yds & 1TD his TF season
- Jaleel Skinner
- Kahlil Brantley
- Dominic Mammarelli

Miami’s group is spearheaded by savvy veteran Will Mallory who’s had moments of good play, but has been mired by injury & inconsistency throughout most of his career, however it’s possible that this particular year may be the year where he plays at his best in a system that particularly geared towards the TE’s.

Then we have the former 4-star TE from Frisco TX (originally from Miami) in Elijah Arroyo, who was my absolute favorite player in the 21 class. He’s set to have a big time breakout season in his Sophomore year, the potential & upside he has puts him in position to be the next in the long line of storied TE’s in Miami’s history. IMO, he has NFL talent without question, my comp for him when he was coming out was Noah Fant. In this offense he will have the opportunity to put up some really good numbers & hurl himself into the discussion as one of the best TE’s in the nation.

Then Jaleel Skinner the 4/5-star TE who was a Bama commit but thanks to Coach Field & Mario we were able to steal him from them for ENSD. Him coming in an as EE & getting tons of reps in the Spring was huge for his development & from all reports he took full advantage of it. He’s still growing & adding more strength & still a work in progress but he’s way ahead of schedule in terms of his development which has lead to him possibly being in contention of cracking the 2-deep if Mallory’s injury history persists into Fall camp. But luckily for him, 13 personnel is not out of the question, which means he could have a chance to see the field some early this season. But either way, his potential & upside is sky high, the future is bright with this one.

Then with Kahlil Brantley & Dominic Mammarelli also being young guys with Brantley being a Red Frosh & Mammarelli being a Red Soph (or Frosh because he was a class of 2020 covid year kid), we have an immense amount of young untapped potential in the TE room & great depth if neither of these two guys decides to hit the Portal.

We may not have the proven commodity stats of UGA’s group right now, but I would argue we might have the Deepest TE group in the country & this coming from someone who is probably the least Homer fan on here. But barring injury or departure due to Portal, I actually think our 5 particularly in this offense stacks up with most TE rooms throughout college football.

Notre Dame TE’s:
- Michael Mayer, 71rec 840yds & 7TD’s
- Mitchell Evans
- Cane Berrong
- Eli Raridon
- Holden Staes

Iowa TE’s:
- Sam LaPorta, 53rec 670yds & 3TD’s
- Luke Lachey
- Jackson Frericks
- Josiah Miamen

Who is the best blocker TE for our Canes?

I'm inclined to say Arroyo?

We have the talent but haven’t been productive like that. The stats of the other team’s TEs showcases that. Mallory has never but it all together and Arroyo is just getting started.

Advertisement
Our TE room is definitely good and I have no complaints about how it has been managed, but I don't think there is a person in the country outside our fan base taking ours over Georgia's for one season. Having a good fourth and fifth option is nice, but those dudes aren't getting many snaps and shouldn't really count here if we aren't assuming injuries and we are overvaluing garbage time.
Bowers is the best or at the very least top 3 TE in the country.

Darnell Washington is as unproven as any potential good TE in the country.

The key to their group is Arik Gilbert, if he’s anywhere near back to what he was at LSU then I would definitely say they have the best TE group in the country, if he actually plays TE. There’s a possibility they’ll be using him more as a WR than a pure a TE, but for the sake of argument, Bowers & Gilbert are easily the two mast talented TE’s in the country.

For us it boils down to the health of Mallory, Arroyo getting his opportunity to show what he’s got & then between Skinner/Brantley/Mammarelli one of them stepping up in whatever role they’ll be asked to play & giving whatever kind of additional production they can, although I would guess Mammarelli’s main job in this offense will always be to block first & ask questions last.

This thread wasn’t to say Miami’s TE’s group is better the UGA’s, I actually said Deepest in the OP, but it was really just to highlight how we stack up with the other TE rooms around college football & IMO we’re in the discussion.

Advertisement

Attachments

• AE019778-9B67-4165-99A3-B3D7B6D0F9BD.jpeg
    AE019778-9B67-4165-99A3-B3D7B6D0F9BD.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 12
Advertisement
Back