How Miami’s TE’s Stack Up (edited thread title)

Advertisement
I think you’re right...

When I do a mental rundown of our TE’s since the Dynasty days I can’t really think of any who stood out as necessarily good Blockers in college, maybe Walford or Herndon at best? But otherwise, I would say we haven’t had a TE who was equally as good a blocker as he was a receiver in a long time.
Brevin wasn’t a good blocker, but pretty good receiving TE.

He still managed to get selected in the 5th round & caught on towards the end of the season with the Texans.

I would argue Arroyo has more raw talent than Brevin & Herndon, hopefully he gets his chance to prove it this season.

Seeing the PFf stuff on Brevin for all of us is like, Duh!!! NFL GM’s are flat out dumb sometimes. On no planet has Tre Mckitty been in the same stratosphere as Brevin Jordan.

Advertisement
While all true.

(and this will likely change quickly in 2022)

Career Professional Touchdowns...

Kyle Pitts - 1
Brevin Jordan - 3

I'm just sayin.
People weren't saying "brevin will be better in the NFL" though. They were saying "brevin is the better TE right now and I would rather have him than pitts". I mentioned the NFL thing, because people, for whatever reason, thought our historical TEs in the NFL had some sort of correlation to our current TEs.

Advertisement
We have a nice group. Well balanced, could be tops in the ACC. Georgia has the best TE in the nation alongside two 5 star freaks (Supposedly Gilbert had a great spring). No slight to us. Just props to them.
I never said we had a better group or we would have a better group.

The point of the thread was to compare our TE group to other top TE groups in the country.

Never once said we have the best or that Bowers wasn’t the best.

I never said we had a better group or we would have a better group.

The point of the thread was to compare our TE group to other top TE groups in the country.

Never once said we have the best or that Bowers wasn’t the best.
Must have misread the OP. Usually I tend to pay more attention before posting. My fault. Disregard

Leonard Pope and McMichael are the only two that immediately come to mind from UGA and I’m not even 100% sure that McMichael was under Richt.
Yup ..Mcmichael may have been recruited before Richt. Only other one would be Benjamin Watson.

There were a bunch of jags te's among

Advertisement
I feel like next year we can have the top group with an older Arroyo & Skinner game wreckers along with Dom, Brantley and maybe even Riley Williams

I’m predicting 50rec 700+yds & 7TD’s for Elijah Arroyo this season (barring injury).
I have no reason to believe a new staff would play favorites or seniority, but I hope TE is a true open competition in the fall and not just handed to Mallory.

Mallory came on during the 2nd half of last season, but he was mid until then. I’d say he worked his way up to mayyyybe average as an in-line blocker. Call it a B, which may be high. As a receiver, I’ll give him B+.

Need to see more reps from Arroyo, but he popped off the screen whenever he was out there. His upside is in the A range as a blocker and receiver.

Nothing against Will - may the best may win. I just hope it is an open competition.

Advertisement
It seemed like Mallory left quite a few plays on the field early last year but he picked it up. Agree that he needs to keep improving or I'm ready to see a lot of Arroyo or Skinner. All those guys need to step up and be serious weapons.

Mayer as a TF looked different. Still think he might be the most nfl ready player I’ve seen since fournette as a TF. Hate he’s at ND but guy truly looks great

I have no reason to believe a new staff would play favorites or seniority, but I hope TE is a true open competition in the fall and not just handed to Mallory.

Mallory came on during the 2nd half of last season, but he was mid until then. I’d say he worked his way up to mayyyybe average as an in-line blocker. Call it a B, which may be high. As a receiver, I’ll give him B+.

Need to see more reps from Arroyo, but he popped off the screen whenever he was out there. His upside is in the A range as a blocker and receiver.

Nothing against Will - may the best may win. I just hope it is an open competition.
Arroyo is my top vote for overall breakout player of the year. Kid has all the tools and this pairing with Gattis might be a perfect storm.

Advertisement
Back