Taking calculated chances...

fraggle

Senile Senior
I remember a time that our defenses were so good that the offense took chances knowing if the chance failed that the defense would bail them out. I hope the offense has that confidence as I believe our defense can overcome those chances that usually do not fail. One replay from years ago showed us at 4th and 24 and the punter threw the ball to Sean Taylor for a first down (I forget who the punter was). That is what I am talking about, especially against teams like the gator.

Advertisement
I think that might have been against Houston?? Seems like I remember him being left all alone and the punter threw it. It wasn't planned, but they took full advantage of the situation.

I rewatched the 91 Cotton Bowl a little while back and I was stunned at how pathetic our run game was in the first half. It didn't matter. The defense was stifling and the passing game was everything it needed to be. You could just feel the confidence.

The closest we've been to that was 2017 against the gold domers. I really, REALLY hope that's what we get on 8/24.

I think that might have been against Houston?? Seems like I remember him being left all alone and the punter threw it. It wasn't planned, but they took full advantage of the situation.
or @Syracuse 2002. Saw it in person at the Carrier Dome. A Syracuse fan next to me said "Did we have to do that in a 40 point game". All I could do was shrug and say "it must have been for style points". This was a couple of games after beating Rutgers 42-17 with a 30+ game winning streak and still losing first place votes.

Advertisement
or @Syracuse 2002. Saw it in person at the Carrier Dome. A Syracuse fan next to me said "Did we have to do that in a 40 point game". All I could do was shrug and say "it must have been for style points". This was a couple of games after beating Rutgers 42-17 with a 30+ game winning streak and still losing first place votes.

I was there, too. The Syracuse fans near us didn’t seem to mind. They were already making fun of their own team before halftime. Good memories.

I was there, too. The Syracuse fans near us didn’t seem to mind. They were already making fun of their own team before halftime. Good memories.

That was like cane fans at the Clemson game that ultimately bounced Al G.

Man, that Rutgers game was pathetic. We were losing going into the 4th. There were signs all year long that we were not playing up to our potential.

OP trying to set a Guinness real quick w most threads started. Gawwwwlee! Lol

Advertisement

Yes. Yes we did have to do that.

Never forgot McNabb and crew running up the score in ‘98.

There was good reason to go ape sh*t on em once we got it together.

Advertisement
Back