Tackett drives in all three runs for Miami

Advertisement
Terrible year and we will miss the post-season, but it was once worse.

During the 2002 season, the team stood at 24-26. They then won 2 of 3 from Jacksonville, and swept New York Tech to finish 29-27.

Somehow, the NCAA allowed them into the tournament to much controversy and furor. They beat a #6 team in Gainsville in the bottom of the 9th in the 3rd game and the lost to the #2 team in the country, the Gamecocks, in the bottom of the 9th.

During the 2002 season, the team stood at 24-26. They then won 2 of 3 from Jacksonville, and swept New York Tech to finish 29-27.

Somehow, the NCAA allowed them into the tournament to much controversy and furor. They beat a #6 team in Gainsville in the bottom of the 9th in the 3rd game and the lost to the #2 team in the country, the Gamecocks, in the bottom of the 9th.

We were 30-26 and had an RPI of #19 along with the toughest schedule in the country.

Advertisement

The last time it was worse than this, Nixon was president. 2017 Canes baseball is horrendous.

In 2002, our RPI was in the 60s (you can read the story from the Herald). It rose when we lost in the Supers, in the last inning. We were 29-27, and won 4 of 5 from essentially two Division II teams to close out the season. [Amazing how the concierge lies so brazenly. He was literally 4 during this season and unable to read.]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I made a post saying that we once had a worse season. That is it. The concierge twists the post into "making the tournament in 2002 was worse than not making the tournament in 2017." Never said it and never implied it. Both seasons were a disaster. I feel for the guests of the hotel that employs him, but realize that is the only job he will ever be equipped to handle during his lifetime.

In 2002, our RPI was in the 60s (you can read the story from the Herald). It rose when we lost in the Supers, in the last inning. We were 29-27, and won 4 of 5 from essentially two Division II teams to close out the season. [Amazing how the concierge lies so brazenly. He was literally 4 during this season and unable to read.]

Its all right here:

NCAA Baseball: 2002 Regional Results
pseudo-RPI's -- 2002 Season

Our RPI on selection day was either #19 or #20 , depending on whose formula you go by. And our record on selection day was 30-26. You can insult me all you want, but all I will do is respond with verifiable facts.

I made a post saying that we once had a worse season. That is it. The concierge twists the post into "making the tournament in 2002 was worse than not making the tournament in 2017." Never said it and never implied it. Both seasons were a disaster. I feel for the guests of the hotel that employs him, but realize that is the only job he will ever be equipped to handle during his lifetime.

Again, keep on with the personal insults (what's with the hotel theme?) while I just respond with facts.

You said "it was once worse". We are 21-22 and will miss the post-season. How, in any version of your gorilla math, is that better than going 30-26 and making the tournament?

Last edited:
"Miami will be the underdog as it goes into a hostile Southeastern Conference town, but many of the Hurricanes' players feel like the hardest part was receiving a tournament spot after finishing the regular season at 30-26."

Advertisement
Gainesville Regional

Florida International (41-18) vs. Miami (30-26), 3 p.m.

Florida (43-17) vs. Bethune- Cookman (38-20), 7 p.m.

This is where he realizes I'm right and avoids this thread like the plague. Same thing Brian Piccolo used to do.

Several teams making my at-large list were clearly hold-my-nose picks. Miami (30-26) is in solely on RPI, which is 19th thanks to what is a strong schedule on the surface. In reality, as discussed in this space before, the Hurricanes played more than 40 games in Dade county, and no matter who they played, they should have a better record with that kind of home schedule. Frankly, it was impossible to leave out the No. 19 RPI team; there weren't enough other deserving clubs, so Miami gets in.

Advertisement
You are using the RPI AFTER THE POST SEASON.

Of course the team ended up 19!!! It beat a top 6 team in the Regionals and then took one game from the #2 team in the country in the Supers.

PRIOR to the regionals the team's RPI was in the 60s....... If you make the "Sweet 16", you will be top 16. The fact that you ended 19 shows how bad the regular season was.

Of course 2017 is worse because they are now going to miss the tournament.

AT THE SAME POINT of time IN BOTH SEASONS - the 2002 team had a worse RPI and the same record.

You are looking at the RPI at the END OF THE 2002 season.

My work is done here............. I feel bad because your grammar and logic delineate definitive impairment, but dealing with rain-man is like playing checkers with a primate.

Look, it has been proven that you are a Gator. Obviously you take glee in their performance this year.

Last edited:
Definitive proof that hockey-concierge-man is a bald faced liar. SEE THE ACTUAL RPI BELOW.

Miami's RPI on 4/30/2002 was #51 . Keep in mind that the tournament back then started 3-weeks earlier.

3-weeks prior to that Miami had an RPI of 74.

See below. NINETEEN.......... You pulled that out of your brain, which happens to be same appendage that you sit on daily!!!

All 4/30 4/16 4/02 3/19
Team Rank Rtg. Rank Rtg. Rank Rtg. Rank Rtg.
Miami, Florida 51 0.563 48 0.571 74 0.545 86 0.525

Three weeks earlier? The 2002 NCAA Tournament started on May 31, 2002. You're an elite kind of retarded:

June 2, 2002

Box Score

Gainesville, Fla. (University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site) - - Sophomore Jim Burt wrote Miami (33-27) a ticket to the Super Regionals in Columbia, SC with his bottom of the ninth, two-strike, two-out, two RBI double to left center that elevated the Hurricanes past host and No. 1-seeded Florida (46-19), 8-7, in front of 2,533 fans Sunday afternoon at Alfred A. McKethan Stadium.

Advertisement
Back