Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Imagine if you panic sold at market open...
Diamond hands.

I’m somewhat new to the stock game but it was a blood bath for me the last few trading days.
It feels like things need to or will move back to value but it is hard to not still look at growth stocks. I also abhor short term capital gains, so sometimes taking profits is not easy for me.

Advertisement
Anyone here invested in SCHW (own shares, not have your brokerage on there). Breaking out quite a bit, but their assets invested has exploded in the last year and it seems like a solid number of the Robinhood crowd is moving there after the GME saga.

Who's mad they sold GME :ROFLMAO: Ride the L all the way to 0 or the W to 400... Not sure what's up with tech stocks... I'm gonna have palpitations by the end of this week

Advertisement
I’m somewhat new to the stock game but it was a blood bath for me the last few trading days.

Yeah I'm very new as well, and obviously very late. The period between the 'rona crash and now - how did I miss out on this? Regardless - the pain continues for me today. I'm learning lessons the hard way, obviously. I did so much research and fake money investing before jumping in - apparently it was all for nothing. No matter how much I tell myself not to panic at what has happened over the last week - I find that it is really difficult to be disciplined enough to avoid the panic sell. And here I thought I was investing in relatively safe securities LOL.

Yeah I'm very new as well, and obviously very late. The period between the 'rona crash and now - how did I miss out on this? Regardless - the pain continues for me today. I'm learning lessons the hard way, obviously. I did so much research and fake money investing before jumping in - apparently it was all for nothing. No matter how much I tell myself not to panic at what has happened over the last week - I find that it is really difficult to be disciplined enough to avoid the panic sell. And here I thought I was investing in relatively safe securities LOL.
On days like today (and others this week), you can research and do whatever, you're probably going to be in the red. I guess unless you are riding the GME rocketship on relaunch. In any case, it happens and there are days like today. Invest in companies you believe in, diversify, and stay the course.

We should be set for life but in my typical form I procrastinated forever about getting in.

Advertisement
As long as your portfolio isn't heavy in meme stocks, you're probably going to be just fine in the long run. Remember, it can go up just as fast as it went down, and you don't lose anything unless you sell.

As long as your portfolio isn't heavy in meme stocks, you're probably going to be just fine in the long run. Remember, it can go up just as fast as it went down, and you don't lose anything unless you sell.
Being a total novice - I am steering completely clear of that insanity LOL. Reading WSB is entertaining for sure but those folks literally don't give an F if they lose everything they have. The rush of the potential parabolic gain outweighs the risk for them I guess. I have 4 kids that will likely want to go to college at some point - I don't have that luxury...or the risk tolerance.

Being a total novice - I am steering completely clear of that insanity LOL. Reading WSB is entertaining for sure but those folks literally don't give an F if they lose everything they have. The rush of the potential parabolic gain outweighs the risk for them I guess. I have 4 kids that will likely want to go to college at some point - I don't have that luxury...or the risk tolerance.
My risk tolerance is not as high as others. To me, and especially in times like this, I think ETFs are your friend. Built in diversification in a variety of ways. In massive growth times they may lag, but there is a bit more peace of mind. Even my whole market and S&P 500 etfs are weighted a little heavy in big tech for my liking right now.

The finance, materials, and dividend ETFs are looking nice for the next little while.

Guys, "hold the line." Kidding aside, you really don't want the market going up in a straight line. A little pull back is healthy. I'm taking a little breather and then put all my funds (ETF) back on line here shortly.

Advertisement
Check Florida unclaimed property every once in a while. Found 500$ owed to me last week.

Advertisement
We stilll buying pltr here?
I held mine from a week or two ago. I need to get more comfortable swing trading and sometimes paying the higher tax rate.

edit - ARK has been LOADING up on it and she is big on them long term.

Rocket seems to have woken up from its slumber... or the public is finally realizing how absurdly low its market cap is for its top line revenue, net income, and yoy growth.

Advertisement
Back