Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

Advertisement
More love than any local kid right now. Looks like he’ll shut it down the minute he hears a coaches voice on the phone.

Anyone know how fast he is? He might be too fast for Rumph.
They going after dawson at corner and he is fast so I don’t know what the issue is. Maybe because burns is small and dawson is only like 5’10 too.

Advertisement
This is like Quentin Williams where Pops is a fan and so is son. I think they will offer eventually. I remember hearing about this kid 2-3 years ago.

2021 prospect of interest. Physical DB with great ball skills at 5-11 170. Through a family connection, I know he has Miami interest and would likely visit if offered. Staff evaluated him last year as a freshman but decided to wait.

In 2018, racked up 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 5 INT's, 3 PBU's, and 2 fumble recoveries as a sophomore for Desert Edge in Arizona. Currently ranked as a 4-star and the #10 CB in the 2021 class by 247Sports.

Early offers from PSU, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, and Syracuse.

#10 CB? I really like the kid but I'm not sure about CB. This kid screams Safety to me. I would love to offer as he has freakish anticipation, instincts and ball skills. He needs to get a look at FS. Like him very much. We need ball hawkers in the secondary. Let's get on it. Bring him in for a visit, a camp or both. Just get him down here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
#10 CB? I really like the kid but I'm sure about CB. This kid screams Safety to me. I would love to offer as he has freakish anticipation, instincts and ball skills. He needs to get a look at FS. Like him very much. We need ball hawkers in the secondary. Let's get on it. Bring him in for a visit, a camp or both. Just get him down here.
Heard the coach reached out to UM about getting a tour when they came down for a 7 v 7 and didn’t get any response so they didn’t come.

Heard the coach reached out to UM about getting a tour when they came down for a 7 v 7 and didn’t get any response so they didn’t come.
This isn't the least bit shocking or unexpected. Par for the course with this JV defensive staff. "I am Jack's total lack of surprise."

That last sentence is a quote from a movie. Can anyone tell me which movie? Bonus points if you also tell me the name of the actor who said it. I know. This has nothing to do with football. It's the off season and I'm bored.

Advertisement
Crying our eyes out about a 21 kid? If he’s as big of a fan as y’all say then he should commit whenever we ultimately offer regardless of how many years in advance it is..

Advertisement
Just got an update. “7on7 Coach is talking to UM, not sure if they are visiting as a team in March but the team wants 2”
His team has the #1 QB Sam Huard, #1 overall player J.T Tuimoloau, #1 WR in country Troy Franklin, #2 ILB in country Keith Brown and #7 Athlete in the country Julien Simon, along with 4 4 stars and a 3 star on the team. Don’t understand how we aren’t asking them to come.

They going after dawson at corner and he is fast so I don’t know what the issue is. Maybe because burns is small and dawson is only like 5’10 too.
Dawson is just as tall as Rumph...

Advertisement
Back