Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2021 prospect of interest. Physical DB with great ball skills at 5-11 170. Through a family connection, I know he has Miami interest and would likely visit if offered. Staff evaluated him last year as a freshman but decided to wait.

In 2018, racked up 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 5 INT's, 3 PBU's, and 2 fumble recoveries as a sophomore for Desert Edge in Arizona. Currently ranked as a 4-star and the #10 CB in the 2021 class by 247Sports.

Early offers from PSU, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, and Syracuse.

Advertisement
If he's got interest we need to get a move on & offer this kid.

AZ is quietly a state that produces some really good talent, especially schools like Chandler, Centennial, Pinnacle, Saguaro, Perry, Gilbert, Salpointe Catholic etc..

I know he plays CB but I like his upside at FS, he's got real good instincts.

Advertisement

AZ is quietly a state that produces some really good talent, especially schools like Chandler, Centennial, Pinnacle, Saguaro, Perry, Gilbert, Salpointe Catholic etc..

I thought the same thing dog....at FS he would kill it. Look at the instincts man thats elite or almost elite instincts u dont see in too many dbs period even the high rated guys dont have instincts like that. Usually guys have measurables this guy has the mind and recognition and very good measureables for a FS

Advertisement

An Arizona squad beat the **** out of Central a couple years ago

An Arizona squad beat the **** out of Central a couple years ago
That was Chandler & it was MNW that they crushed, it was at the Geico State Championship Bowl in 2017 after MNW had won our first State title in a decade.

It was the 6A champions Bowl game where they take the 2 best teams in the country for 6A class & have them matchup. It was a home game for Chandler though, but my boys got boat raced lol.

But Chandler is the strongest team in AZ, in 2016 in the Geico Bowl they killed Valdosta too. They were built & coached by Shaun Aguano who was one of the best Offesive innovative coaches in HS, he just recently got hired by Herm Edwards at AZ St this year for his first job in college.

Advertisement
That was Chandler & it was MNW that they crushed, it was at the Geico State Championship Bowl in 2017 after MNW had won our first State title in a decade.

It was the 6A champions Bowl game where they take the 2 best teams in the country for 6A class & have them matchup. It was a home game for Chandler though, but my boys got boat raced lol.

But Chandler is the strongest team in AZ, in 2016 in the Geico Bowl they killed Valdosta too. They were built & coached by Shaun Aguano who was one of the best Offesive innovative coaches in HS, he just recently got hired by Herm Edwards at AZ St this year for his first job in college.
That's how you hire! Find guys who dominate like freeze and pruitt. Guys who dominate at their level.. Groom them. Edwards might be grooming him.

Last edited:

Im pretty ****ed they went away from these games

Advertisement

I would have loved to see Mater Dei against Lakeland in this game last year.

Advertisement
Back