Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

2021 prospect of interest. Physical DB with great ball skills at 5-11 170. Through a family connection, I know he has Miami interest and would likely visit if offered. Staff evaluated him last year as a freshman but decided to wait.

In 2018, racked up 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 5 INT's, 3 PBU's, and 2 fumble recoveries as a sophomore for Desert Edge in Arizona. Currently ranked as a 4-star and the #10 CB in the 2021 class by 247Sports.

Early offers from PSU, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, and Syracuse.

I was the weight my junior year... throw an offer his way

We only took 2 Safeties

Advertisement
Typical Miami:

Get first crack to evaluate, miss the evaluation, kid blows up, other schools come in like vultures, then we offer when he’s been picked apart.

What’s the word? Have we offered yet? AZ has been producing some good prospects lately out West. Not sure what happened, but they’ve been trying to rival Cali as far as productive prospects

Advertisement
Is his the same kids who’s peeps posted on here (or twitter) some time last year about getting an offer from Miami ? Or was that another kid from AZ?

Is his the same kids who’s peeps posted on here (or twitter) some time last year about getting an offer from Miami ? Or was that another kid from AZ?
He’s the same kid. I started a thread here wondering why we haven’t offered a 4* kid who would love to come to Miami. Of course I was called a star ***** and was accused of being the kid’s dad. But look at his commitable offer list. He’s the type of kid who won’t be outworked, too.

Advertisement
Put pressure on the staff, not that we should have to
Help the staff out.. All the other schools probably have posters do the same thing... We complain the other schools look at it like they're helping.. It's all perception

Rumph to busy recruiting a few s fla kids who will take the money and run. He will get around to it after he commits somewhere else.

This is how UM gets burned in recruiting waiting on the SFL kids who bolt once the usual suspects move-in with offers that are too good to refuse. I know they want to see the kid in person if so get your a$$ on a plane to AZ. This kid looks like a real DB, not a WR which is an important positive.

Advertisement
Talked to this kids uncle on Twitter, we offer and put any effort whatsoever with this kid and he'll commit. Big time Cane fan.
Well damnit, looks like once again that Canes fans do the initial work and would offer this kid ASAP. Anybody got an in to the coaching staff? We need to offer this kid pronto. That tape was unreal.

Not sure where you heard this but it’s not accurate at all.
Ill bet you Washington his top dog right now. He will commit between June and Aug. Will not consider anyone once he makes his choice. Great family and understands what commitment means.

Advertisement
This guy is very good; shows great cover ability, good to great speed and hips, great in run support, and he is about 6'0. Rumph needs to get on this, I know SFL is a priority, but this kid is definitely elite and it seems he wants to be a cane.

I tagged Manny, Cooney & Rumph on his IG picture & yeah I think he agrees with my comment lol. Sent Cooney his HUDL so I tried atleast
D0B06DCF-5F64-491D-94EA-B030752DA6CC.jpeg

Advertisement
Back