stepping up

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
obviously we are losing a lot of starters not sure exactly how many but i know alot. who are u expecting to step up and be important and if any freshman will make a impact? I'm hoping for seantrel to become a leader on the oline and perryman and chickilo to improve on last years impressive season. does anyone think theirs a chance dewey wins the QB competition? also if anyone knows exactly how many players are returning that would be great.

Advertisement
obviously we are losing a lot of starters not sure exactly how many but i know alot. who are u expecting to step up and be important and if any freshman will make a impact? I'm hoping for seantrel to become a leader on the oline and perryman and chickilo to improve on last years impressive season. does anyone think theirs a chance dewey wins the QB competition? also if anyone knows exactly how many players are returning that would be great.

stateOfMiamiU,

I don't believe there is any way that Dewey will win the starting gig in the fall. I believe we really need to RS this kid. Dewey was hurt most of the season, got hurt in the practices leading up to the Under Armour game etc... I believe Dewey needs a RS year to get bigger, stronger and situated to college life and the speed of the game.

If Dewey is forced to play next season then quite frankly we may be screwed and we may ruin the kid. Sometimes it's better to ease into the game. I believe that between Williams and Morris we will have a solid #1 come out of that situation.

The only problem is that we are so inexperienced at virtually every position (QB, WR, RB, DE, LB, DB, S) it will make it that much tougher for Golden and Co. to squeeze out a "Miami like" season. Our kids could overachieve and some of the younger kids could emerge but we really won't know who this early, perhaps after the spring will give us a better feel to answer that question.

McDermott needs to step up in a big way, we desperately need him to be a Tyler Horn upgrade. It's time we got some nastiness out of our center position and not poor or average play continuously.

The whole offensive line needs to step up, too much talent for them to get manhandled sometimes. I think TEs need to as well, they was non existent for most the season if we're going have any success they need to become a weapon. Other than Porter which DT is going show up next season? Need a few of them to make an impact. I want to see Cain and Gaines step up, I still think both can be really good players. Dallas Crawford needs to step up and be the anchor at the safety position, I have no faith in VT or Armstrong.

We going see a good amount of freshman contribute imo.

Well, it doesn't take much steppin' up to attain the lofty heights of our great veteren laden, #1 recruiting class 2011 team .

Pretty sure no one has to step up to go 6-6 and last in the ACC again. :(

On that note, I do have hope that we will see many players break out in Golden's second year. Can't help but be better than this year, I hope.

Advertisement
Basically, everywhere you look, we're in dire need of someone stepping up.

QB? Morris has to step up.
RB? Someone gotta step up and replace Lamar.
WR? Someone has to step up and be a new starter, as well as depth.
OL? Definitely gotta step up.
DE? DT? MLB? CB?

You get the picture.

The three you picked (Henderson, Perryman, Chick) are critical, really the foundation of our future. The reality is that, at **** near every position on the field, we're going to have to overachieve to make a run at 9-10 wins. Overachieving hasn't been our strong suit in the past, to put it very lightly.

Advertisement
Back