Starting Defense v. GT

RBhurricane87

Senior
Who do you have starting Saturday?

I would like to see:

DE 71 Anthony Chickillo (Started GT game last year)
DT 98 Darius Smith (Started GT game last year)
DT 91 Olsen Pierre (FWIW, Ojomo started in this spot for the GT game last year even though he was undersized)
DE 51 Shayon Green (Inexperienced, but strong/physical player)
OLB 44 Eddie Johnson (Inexperienced, but very physical. Rising star on D.)
MLB 94 Kelvin Cain (He has seen the triple option before. I assume he knows what it takes to stop it)
OLB 59 Jimmy Gaines (Started MLB for GT game last year)
CB 20 Thomas Finnie (I would prefer a bigger corner like Gunter, but Finnie has the experience)
S 2 Deon Bush (Smart player who should be able to pick up the triple option fairly quickly. Rising star on D.)
S 7 Vaughn Telemaque (Has seen the triple option 3 times. Should know how to stop it)
CB 21 Brandon McGee (started GT game last year)

Would you sacrifice athleticism for experience and start Highsmith over Bush?

McCord should play a big role too and I'd like to see him standing up at the OLB spot in certain situations.

Cornelius should not see the field, ever.

I'm just trying to spark up some debate.

Advertisement
How much experience do we gain with Highsmith over Bush? Neither have played against it. I say leave the speed on the field in Bush.

Cain is not playing MLB this weekend or at any point this season.

I'm sure you will see:
Chick, Smith, Pierre, Green
Johnson, Gaines, Cornelius
McGee, Finnie, Bush, VT (if healthy) or Highsmith

I'm sure you will see:

Cain should not be playing DE and he has played MLB before.

Cornelius should not be playing at all.

Then again, I'm not a coach.

Advertisement
I don't think it matters. Dash and gash all day long. Fire corch d'onofrio.

I'm sure you will see:

And if anyone ever wonders why our D is bad, take a look at that front 7. Now the question is, should it be as bad as we have seen so far?

I don't think it matters. Dash and gash all day long. Fire corch d'onofrio.

Great post, you mean the same coach who held GT to the lowest yards total all year? Keep bringing your superior knowledge to the football board and join the rest of the couch GMs we have running around on this board.

Advertisement
Cain is a DE now and second team along with McCord. He can get to the QB, so I like the move. Plus, at times it appears in this early season that Chick will move inside on obvious passing downs and it's good to bring the extra speed from the edge. As for Highsmith, he plays a differerent safety position than Bush. AJ would be starting over VT if he can't go Saturday.

Let's go Canes! I think we beat GT. We have more speed than them and we just need to play assignment football against that offense.

Who do you have starting Saturday?

I would like to see:

DE 71 Anthony Chickillo (Started GT game last year)
DT 98 Darius Smith (Started GT game last year)
DT 91 Olsen Pierre (FWIW, Ojomo started in this spot for the GT game last year even though he was undersized)
DE 51 Shayon Green (Inexperienced, but strong/physical player)
OLB 44 Eddie Johnson (Inexperienced, but very physical. Rising star on D.)
MLB 94 Kelvin Cain (He has seen the triple option before. I assume he knows what it takes to stop it)
OLB 59 Jimmy Gaines (Started MLB for GT game last year)
CB 20 Thomas Finnie (I would prefer a bigger corner like Gunter, but Finnie has the experience)
S 2 Deon Bush (Smart player who should be able to pick up the triple option fairly quickly. Rising star on D.)
S 7 Vaughn Telemaque (Has seen the triple option 3 times. Should know how to stop it)
CB 21 Brandon McGee (started GT game last year)

Would you sacrifice athleticism for experience and start Highsmith over Bush?

McCord should play a big role too and I'd like to see him standing up at the OLB spot in certain situations.

Cornelius should not see the field, ever.

I'm just trying to spark up some debate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont see how we stop the fullback dive, much less any of their other stuff.

I think we're going to give up 400+ yds this weekend. I don't see how anyone looking at that lineup, our depth there, can possibly think we're going to limit GT, particularly after watching our D just give up massive yds on the ground the first two games.

Advertisement
Back