MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
first? i said it months and months ago and i am transparent about it. i want UM to have its own stadium. everyone would. but not a public park that belongs to taxpayers and certainly not with taxpayer's money (TBD).
What happened to Tahiti Beach, Crandon Park,?
Public is ready for private to the highest bidder with the most Grease..9

It's all making sense now lol. Perhaps you could cease and desist being a d-bag lawyer for one minute and quit twisting my words around. My family has lived there too. Used to be nothing but sawgrass across from my grandparent's house looking west.

50% of my "principal argument" has always been about revitalizing the park. Just because a brand new green space and some sprucing up of its immediate surroundings would bring Westchester into the 21st century doesn't mean I want to displace its generational citizenry. These people should want and they deserve a better "Central Park." It's a functioning park that serves a purpose but its decay is hard to stomach given its location and history. I'm for making TP great again and if the Ruiz plan fails (highly likely) then I hope the county remembers it exists one day.
I can still smell the Horses, when it was a race track.
Public, private, public,,,
The beat goes on..

M
20 times a year?? And you're assuming that all events will be sold out??? Are we talking just Football because that's only 7-8 games a year.... and not all those will be sold out... What else will be there???
Monster Trucks..

Will the 7 home games, spring game and bowl game all be sold out? Hopefully? I’ll be there. That’s 1/60k. You’re welcome to join. Let’s make it a party.

Then you’ve got Futbol. Final 4. Metallica. Monster trucks. NHL all star game… all of which have a better chance of making capacity.

That said - the parenthetical remark in my original response was a bit of a hypothetical aside. Since losing a “public green space” is rsa’s main reason for becoming Westchester William Wallace, the point I was trying to make is that a ~60k-seat stadium (whose footprint takes up about 1/4 of the total area and which is only in use 20/365 days) does not take away from the public nature of the other 75% of the newly redeveloped state-of-the-art park.
There's nothing to show any of those events with the exception of Futbol will be there.... even more so sell out... Maybe Metallica , if they play there... Usually they play Joe Robbie although last time they were here it was Marlins Stadium if I'm correct but that's once every 3 years or so.... The market for concerts is basically covered by Hard Rock Live and Joe Robbie... The Stones played Hard Rock Live a year or two ago...
Monster trucks while somewhat entertaining isn't selling out 60k in Miami especially down south.... If we're talking north of Palm Beach then yea I can see based on demographics but not that far south...
Believe me I'm not against a place for the Canes but I've had this convo with plenty of people concerning events at the venue should it come about and I just don't see how it works financially yet... Yet... Meaning I know there's a possibility... Just need to hear something more concrete then most answers givin to this point....

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's nothing to show any of those events with the exception of Futbol will be there.... even more so sell out... Maybe Metallica , if they play there... Usually they play Joe Robbie although last time they were here it was Marlins Stadium if I'm correct but that's once every 3 years or so.... The market for concerts is basically covered by Hard Rock Live and Joe Robbie... The Stones played Hard Rock Live a year or two ago...
Monster trucks while somewhat entertaining isn't selling out 60k in Miami especially down south.... If we're talking north of Palm Beach then yea I can see based on demographics but not that far south...
Believe me I'm not against a place for the Canes but I've had this convo with plenty of people concerning events at the venue should it come about and I just don't see how it works financially yet... Yet... Meaning I know there's a possibility... Just need to hear something more concrete then most answers givin to this point....
Fine. Bad Bunny and Travis Scott and the international empanada festival. Lol. And KISS - or, at the very least, hologram KISS. You’ve put way more thought into it than I have, though. Exactly what it is that fills up the dozen other dates a year to make the thing “work financially” is immaterial to me.

And, who’s to say, in 2030, that major events “in Miami”, currently held at a (what will then be) 50 year old concrete rectangle located on the broward county line, won’t want to move to a brand new palace in the heart of the city?

Advertisement
Fine. Bad Bunny and Travis Scott and the international empanada festival. Lol. And KISS - or, at the very least, hologram KISS. You’ve put way more thought into it than I have, though. Exactly what it is that fills up the dozen other dates a year to make the thing “work financially” is immaterial to me.

And, who’s to say, in 2030, that major events “in Miami”, currently held at a (what will then be) 50 year old concrete rectangle located on the broward county line, won’t want to move to a brand new palace in the heart of the city?
It's not immaterial to whoever is forking over a Billion plus to build it plus all other costs involved.... If the ROI isn't there the investment isn't worth it..... I'll say again that I'm all for a stadium for the Canes but if the only purpose is to build it for the Canes with no thought of other events it's a bad investment...
To just name various artists or events with nothing to ensure they come means nothing....
Most artists don't sell out stadiums on the regular with exception of a few in which case they go to Hard Rock Live which has a Hotel and all other amenities built on site.... The Seminole Tribe kinda has a lockdown on most shows right now because of those factors....
Anything is possible , I know that and I really do hope for the best in however this plays out.... There's just a ton of things working against it as of now but we'll see...

It's not immaterial to whoever is forking over a Billion plus to build it plus all other costs involved.... If the ROI isn't there the investment isn't worth it..... I'll say again that I'm all for a stadium for the Canes but if the only purpose is to build it for the Canes with no thought of other events it's a bad investment...
To just name various artists or events with nothing to ensure they come means nothing....
Most artists don't sell out stadiums on the regular with exception of a few in which case they go to Hard Rock Live which has a Hotel and all other amenities built on site.... The Seminole Tribe kinda has a lockdown on most shows right now because of those factors....
Anything is possible , I know that and I really do hope for the best in however this plays out.... There's just a ton of things working against it as of now but we'll see...
Well, yeah. I’m just taking Ruiz at his word - naively, I guess. He seems ready, willing and (mostly) able to get the thing moving. That it might be a “bad” investment doesn’t seem to bother him. Who am I to argue with the man?

Well, yeah. I’m just taking Ruiz at his word - naively, I guess. He seems ready, willing and (mostly) able to get the thing moving. That it might be a “bad” investment doesn’t seem to bother him. Who am I to argue with the man?
It's not about arguing with him at all... Trust me I'm appreciative of all he's said and his intentions but... I know he didn't get to where he is financially by making bad decisions with money...
Now maybe that means he really has a plan in place and we hope he does.... I'm just in wait and see mode as far as when money is actually paid to get things moving forward.... As of now that hasn't happened... As I said there's a lot of factors besides the actual stadium that have to be addressed...

Advertisement

I think the idea might be any site, whether it’s TP, or not, is to have an associated multi use retail/entertainment/hotel type adjunct. It’s not just additional events at the actual site itself. There’s money to be made in development in real estate if it’s done correctly and assuming the revenue projections are there. Just spitballing here.

Having said that, in this thread my mind always goes back to my baseline position, which is until we have secured an approved site, this is a real estate development fan-fiction thread.

There’s nothing wrong with planning and/or hyping something to give it credibility, which is I think what’s happening now, but we are no closer today than we were a year ago to a stadium being built.

This **** will get real once we have secured a location. Which we’re not even close to doing right now. I am 100% in favor, in principle of our own stadium, but to repeat, the devil is in the details.

Advertisement
It's not about arguing with him at all... Trust me I'm appreciative of all he's said and his intentions but... I know he didn't get to where he is financially by making bad decisions with money...
Now maybe that means he really has a plan in place and we hope he does.... I'm just in wait and see mode as far as when money is actually paid to get things moving forward.... As of now that hasn't happened... As I said there's a lot of factors besides the actual stadium that have to be addressed...
Fair enough. Like I said, I’m simply choosing to believe what the man says.

And, yours is a much more reasonable take than the one I originally responded to in this thread.

You touched on it, it's not going to be a stadium in the middle of nowhere.
It's the surrounding infrastructure that will bring in the Revenue.
Not to mention increased tax base.
Ruiz will form a consortium of investors to decrease risk.
And construction? Go ask L.A.B.A. what they think.
Don't care if its Tropical, just do it..

I think the idea might be any site, whether it’s TP, or not, is to have an associated multi use retail/entertainment/hotel type adjunct. It’s not just additional events at the actual site itself. There’s money to be made in development in real estate if it’s done correctly and assuming the revenue projections are there. Just spitballing here.

Having said that, in this thread my mind always goes back to my baseline position, which is until we have secured an approved site, this is a real estate development fan-fiction thread.

There’s nothing wrong with planning and/or hyping something to give it credibility, which is I think what’s happening now, but we are no closer today than we were a year ago to a stadium being built.

This **** will get real once we have secured a location. Which we’re not even close to doing right now. I am 100% in favor, in principle of our own stadium, but to repeat, the devil is in the details.
I agree.... When it happens then I know it's happening... LOL!!!

Will the 7 home games, spring game and bowl game all be sold out? Hopefully? I’ll be there. That’s 1/60k. You’re welcome to join. Let’s make it a party.

Then you’ve got Futbol. Final 4. Metallica. Monster trucks. NHL all star game… all of which have a better chance of making capacity.

That said - the parenthetical remark in my original response was a bit of a hypothetical aside. Since losing a “public green space” is rsa’s main reason for becoming Westchester William Wallace, the point I was trying to make is that a ~60k-seat stadium (whose footprint takes up about 1/4 of the total area and which is only in use 20/365 days) does not take away from the public nature of the other 75% of the newly redeveloped state-of-the-art park.

Mannnn, I love @rsa coral gables ...

...but "Westchester William Wallace" was just got**** funny...

Advertisement
Back