MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Y'all are funny. We have a billionaire offering to build us a stadium at zero cost to you, and and you're ******* complaining. Talk about kicking a gift horse in the mouth.

You think the lease at Hard Rock will last forever? Did that thought cross your mind, that we can't stay at Hard Rock indefinitely and at some point we'll have to either renegotiate the lease or move?

Here's a question for you business geniuses out there, since this board is so full of them (sarcasm). If our only two options are A.) Hard Rock and B.) Hard Rock, what bargaining power do we have trying to sign a lease that's favorable to Miami? Oh that's right, none. If we have zero options, then we'll pay whatever Stephen Ross decides we should pay.

If NOTHING else, Ruiz talking about building a stadium is good for Miami because it gives us leverage.

It smells like poverty and cluelessness up in here.

Y'all are funny. We have a billionaire offering to build us a stadium at zero cost to you, and and you're ******* complaining. Talk about kicking a gift horse in the mouth.

You think the lease at Hard Rock will last forever? Did that thought cross your mind, that we can't stay at Hard Rock indefinitely and at some point we'll have to either renegotiate the lease or move?

Here's a question for you business geniuses out there, since this board is so full of them (sarcasm). If our only two options are A.) Hard Rock and B.) Hard Rock, what bargaining power do we have trying to sign a lease that's favorable to Miami? Oh that's right, none. If we have zero options, then we'll pay whatever Stephen Ross decides we should pay.

If NOTHING else, Ruiz talking about building a stadium is good for Miami because it gives us leverage.

Yes that’s the one good thing about him talking about it, the fact that it gives us a thin veneer of leverage.

But before you start criticizing others’ business acumen, aren’t you the genius that thinks we can build a stadium on campus.

Yes that’s the one good thing about him talking about it, the fact that it gives us a thin veneer of leverage.

But before you start criticizing others’ business acumen, aren’t you the genius that thinks we can build a stadium on campus.

People worry a lot about what he’s doing as if they are paying him or have something to lose by it…

Let's put it this way, so we don't go down a rabbit hole and derail over past disagreements. I want a stadium, because I think that would be good for Miami. I want good things for the Miami Hurricanes. John Ruiz is a good thing for Miami. He does nothing but help or try to help. I get irritated when people criticize a guy who is literally spending millions of dollars, which he does NOT have to do, to try to make this program as great as we all know it can be.

I just don't get it. People have 20 years worth of **** to complain about.... from bad recruiting to bad coaching and bad management of the program... WHY would you complain about a guy literally thowing millions of dollars of his own money toward trying to fix it? Pick your battles, guys.

Advertisement
I really don’t understand his fascination with a tropical park stadium rn. I can’t imagine he can really afford to be a major financer rn with his business issues. The school isn’t really pushing for it, and the county sure as **** isn’t. He seems to be putting to much attention into it instead of his company.

This doesn’t discredit the thanks I have for him for his investment into our programs, but outside looking in this is a wierd situation
you are a miami stadium hater. shame on you

lol he wasn't offering ****. you thinking that makes you even more gullible. all he did was fake **** on twitter like his own business and hire someone to make some drawings. he didnt do **** when it comes to securing the land, submitting anything to the county, or even come up with a proposal on who is financing this. he doesn't have anywhere near what you think he has in money esp to fund a stadium by himself. he also isnt a billionaire

lol no one will be scared until the canes actually get a land deal done. until then, its all make believe.

you are a miami stadium hater. shame on you
I’ve grown more weary of the project. I have serious doubts on its viability and financing. I also think Ruiz is putting his efforts in the wrong space (albeit its not my place to say).

I’m also currently fighting the parks committee in my home county for trying to build a stadium complex in my local park. So I’m not as enthusiastic about taking parkland (albeit underutilized) and turning it into a stadium attraction

Advertisement
Let's put it this way, so we don't go down a rabbit hole and derail over past disagreements. I want a stadium, because I think that would be good for Miami. I want good things for the Miami Hurricanes. John Ruiz is a good thing for Miami. He does nothing but help or try to help. I get irritated when people criticize a guy who is literally spending millions of dollars, which he does NOT have to do, to try to make this program as great as we all know it can be.

I just don't get it. People have 20 years worth of **** to complain about.... from bad recruiting to bad coaching and bad management of the program... WHY would you complain about a guy literally thowing millions of dollars of his own money toward trying to fix it? Pick your battles, guys.

I agree with everything you said.

I understand the sentiment some people have the Ruiz is too “out there” especially when it comes to Twitter. It used to bother me at first, but then I realized he’s helping the program like at least 1 million times more than anybody that posts on here so I’m not going to criticize his social media presence. People act like he just sits there on Twitter all day, he tweets like averaging maybe once a day. So that’s not it. bottom line, he helps the program. So I have no beef with him.

As far as his stadium, it just doesn’t seem very realistic to me at this time. But we can disagree on that. On other fronts, though, Ruiz has helped the program immensely.

I agree with everything you said.

I understand the sentiment some people have the Ruiz is too “out there” especially when it comes to Twitter. It used to bother me at first, but then I realized he’s helping the program like at least 1 million times more than anybody that posts on here so I’m not going to criticize his social media presence. People act like he just sits there on Twitter all day, he tweets like averaging maybe once a day. So that’s not it. bottom line, he helps the program. So I have no beef with him.

As far as his stadium, it just doesn’t seem very realistic to me at this time. But we can disagree on that. On other fronts, though, Ruiz has helped the program immensely.
the school had issues w his tweeting. so while he does help the program w NIL, his tweeting got in the way and put a spotlight on it that the program didnt want. you'll notice that he tweets far less than he used to esp about the NIL deals

the school had issues w his tweeting. so while he does help the program w NIL, his tweeting got in the way and put a spotlight on it that the program didnt want. you'll notice that he tweets far less than he used to esp about the NIL deals

Well, I would agree those past tweets weren’t the wisest.

I’ve grown more weary of the project. I have serious doubts on its viability and financing. I also think Ruiz is putting his efforts in the wrong space (albeit its not my place to say).

I’m also currently fighting the parks committee in my home county for trying to build a stadium complex in my local park. So I’m not as enthusiastic about taking parkland (albeit underutilized) and turning it into a stadium attraction
i was giving you a hard time, if you have followed anything i have posted about the stadium, you'll know i have vociferously bemoaned it for the same reasons you are doing in your home county.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back