Spring Practice Schedule

RBhurricane87

Senior

Below is the list of UM's 15 spring practice sessions:

• Practice 1: Tuesday, March 19 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 2: Wednesday, March 20 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 3: Friday, March 22 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 4: Tuesday, March 26 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 5: Thursday, March 28 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 6: Saturday, March 30 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 7: Tuesday, April 2 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 8: Thursday, April 4 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Scrimmage 1: Saturday, April 6 (closed to public and media)
  • Practice 10: Tuesday, April 9 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 11: Thursday, April 11 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Scrimmage 2: Saturday, April 13 (12 p.m., Traz Powell Stadium, 11380 NW 27th Ave., Miami, FL, 33167)*
  • Practice 13: Tuesday, April 16 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Practice 14: Thursday, April 18 (9:30 a.m., Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility)
  • Scrimmage 3: Saturday, April 20 (12 p.m., Camping World Stadium, 1 Citrus Bowl Place, Orlando, FL, 32805)*

*Open scrimmage

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We not practicing outside anymore? Or is Greentree under repair? Need to have a mix of inside and outside practices to get these boys used to the heat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thought we got more as well

FYI:
17.10.6.5 Spring Practice. [FBS/FCS] Fifteen postseason practice sessions [including intrasquad scrimmages and the spring game permitted in Bylaw 17.10.5.2-(a)] are permissible. An institution is not required to count as one of its 15 designated days any day during which countable athletically related activities are limited solely to required conditioning activities, review of game film and/or walk-throughs (see Bylaw 17.02.20). Practice sessions must meet the following conditions: (Revised: 1/10/90, 1/10/91, 1/10/92, 1/11/94, 1/13/98, 6/21/01, 1/9/06 effective 8/1/06, 12/15/06, 4/26/17)

(a) All practice sessions are conducted within a period of 34 consecutive calendar days, omitting vacation and examination days officially announced on the institution's calendar and days during which the institution is closed due to inclement weather.

(b) Any such practice sessions held during vacation days may not be of longer duration than those normally held when academic classes are in session.

(c) Only 12 of the practice sessions may involve contact, and such contact shall not occur prior to the third practice session.

(d) The noncontact practice sessions may involve headgear as the only piece of protective equipment.

(e) Of the 12 permissible contact sessions, eight sessions may involve tackling, and not more than three of the eight tackling sessions may be devoted primarily (greater than 50 percent of practice time) to 11-on-11 scrimmages.

(f) Tackling shall be prohibited in four of the 12 contact sessions. An institution has the discretion to determine the practice activities (other than tackling) that may occur during the four contact nontackling sessions as well as the protective equipment to be worn by the student-athletes.

(g) If an institution conducts a "spring game" per Bylaw 17.10.5.2-(a), the game shall be counted as one of the three sessions that may be devoted primarily to 11-on-11 scrimmages.

(h) The amount of time that a student-athlete may be involved in such postseason countable athletically related activities shall be limited to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week.

They are reseeding the field

My company was actually hired for the reseeding project.

For the last 8 years I have been the leading supplier of hybrid seed in Dade County, and the reason is clear: My seed is pure!

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to Schmidt Feed & Farm Supply, conveniently located in Kendall near Krome Ave., and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm. I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed that I sell.

Ask me for my seed, and the day you have longed for, the day you have dreamed about, will soon arrive: When the corn is large and ripe for the taking, you can place your lips around the heavy cob, savoring the texture, the smell and, finally, the taste as you bite gently and your mouth is filled with sweet juice. You will then thank me, thank me passionately. For I will have provided you with top-quality farm supplies at a reasonable price!

For eight years, people have traveled miles for my potent seed, fighting for a place in line. I invite women and men alike to share in my superior seed, but in this day and age, I must be careful. If there is someone who is not fit to carry my seed and bring it to term, whether it be because of a broken wagon or a dry well, I will not waste my seed on them. My seed is select! Go Canes!!

My company was actually hired for the reseeding project.

For the last 8 years I have been the leading supplier of hybrid seed in Dade County, and the reason is clear: My seed is pure!

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to Schmidt Feed & Farm Supply, conveniently located in Kendall near Krome Ave., and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm. I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed that I sell.

Ask me for my seed, and the day you have longed for, the day you have dreamed about, will soon arrive: When the corn is large and ripe for the taking, you can place your lips around the heavy cob, savoring the texture, the smell and, finally, the taste as you bite gently and your mouth is filled with sweet juice. You will then thank me, thank me passionately. For I will have provided you with top-quality farm supplies at a reasonable price!

For eight years, people have traveled miles for my potent seed, fighting for a place in line. I invite women and men alike to share in my superior seed, but in this day and age, I must be careful. If there is someone who is not fit to carry my seed and bring it to term, whether it be because of a broken wagon or a dry well, I will not waste my seed on them. My seed is select! Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Back