South Florida '17- The OTs

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Simply put, I can’t remember a better class of tackles in South Florida. There should be multiple NFL players in this group.

Kadeem Telfort- 6’7 295 pounds (Norland)- Prototypical tackle from the same school as Top 10 pick Ereck Flowers. Telfort has good feet and exceptional length. Originally committed to Miami but has since flipped to Florida and Norland alum Randy Shannon. Should be physically ready to step in and contribute as a freshman.

[HUDL]athlete/3931406/highlights/284713386[/HUDL]

Navaughn Donaldson- 6’5, 320 pounds (Central)- Big-time athlete who played some TE at the South Florida Express tryouts last month. Not as prototypically built as Telfort or Jerry Drake, but the best space player of the three. Comes from a winning program and an emerging offensive line factory at Central. Miami commitment.

[HUDL]athlete/4118673/highlights/289202421[/HUDL]

Jerry Drake- 6’7, 311 pounds (Palm Beach Gardens)- Drake is a 311-pound creature with natural power in his hands and his base. Alabama has offered (he is originally from the state).

Junior Year - JERRY DRAKE JR highlights - Hudl

Kai-Leon Herbert- 6’4, 280 pounds (American Heritage)- Very good athlete who gets off the ball quickly. American Heritage may have the most talented line in the state with Herbert, Slaton and new transfer Robert Hawkins. Herbert fits best in zone-heavy blocking scheme.

Junior highlights - Kai-Leon Herbert highlights - Hudl

Antawn Lewis- 6’6, 300 pounds (Palm Beach Gardens)- Drake is a monster, but his bookend at Palm Beach Gardens is a prospect in his own right. Lewis has a strong base to anchor and good feet to mirror pass rushers.

JUNIOR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS - ANTAWN LEWIS highlights - Hudl

Michael Garofalo- 6’4, 270 pounds (Palm Beach Central)- Very good drive blocker from the same school as Kc McDermott. Could also fit in at guard.

Junior Year - Michael Garofalo highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
It bothers me how Kadeem looks up to Ereck Flowers, even asked the coaching staff to wear his college number (74) but is committed to UF...Nikkuh pull the plug and follow his path to the NFL.

Miami needs to pull big time offensive & defensive lineman to be great again. That's what separates us from Clemson and Florida state.

Advertisement
Miami needs to pull big time offensive & defensive lineman to be great again. That's what separates us from Clemson and Florida state.

100%. I hope Searles develops a nasty attitude across the OL also. We need big, ugly and mean.

Go Canes!

Win big this year and Miami will our pick of the linemen Dmoney mentioned.

Also Coach Searle's doesn't strike me as the best individual recruiter but more so he benefits from the institution he is at to help land recruits. Hopefully he is a good technician and teacher to mold the talent Kehoe left him. If so then the kids Dmoney mentioned will fall over themselves to play at UM.

Go Canes

Fwiw, in researching Searles, I came across several references (for different team sites) to his recruiting abilities.

Advertisement
Fwiw, in researching Searles, I came across several references (for different team sites) to his recruiting abilities.

links?

Virginia Tech Football: What New OL Coach Stacy Searels Brings to the Hokies | Bleacher Report

In 2006 alone, he brought in five 4-star recruits and four 3-star recruits for the Tigers, from states like Louisiana, Kansas and Georgia. That class included future NFL tackle Phil Loadholt.

When he made the switch to the Bulldogs, he still excelled. During his tenure at Georgia, he brought in five 3-stars, eight 4-stars and one 5-star.

He made the most of his time with Texas as well, bringing seven 4-star recruits during his three-year tenure.

Garner named Top 50 recruiter

One of the top 50 Recruiters in 2013

Last edited:

links?

Virginia Tech Football: What New OL Coach Stacy Searels Brings to the Hokies | Bleacher Report

In 2006 alone, he brought in five 4-star recruits and four 3-star recruits for the Tigers, from states like Louisiana, Kansas and Georgia. That class included future NFL tackle Phil Loadholt.

When he made the switch to the Bulldogs, he still excelled. During his tenure at Georgia, he brought in five 3-stars, eight 4-stars and one 5-star.

He made the most of his time with Texas as well, bringing seven 4-star recruits during his three-year tenure.

Very nice! Cool & thanks.

After reading that article I just posted ^

Don't feel too confident about Searels (As a coach, not a recruiter)

Edit:Stats
VT last year allowed 34 sacks....Miami allowed 19
VT allowed 82 TFL...Miami allowed 57

Last edited:
THIS STAFF'S RECRUITING WILL BE JUDGED BY HOW MANY OF THE SOFL OFFENSIVE LINEMEN THEY INK NEXT YEAR. WITH AN ABUNDANCE OF OL TALENT THROUGHOUT SOFL, NO EXCUSE TO INK LESS THAN 3 (4 IDEAL) OF THE TOP OLINEMEN IN SOFL FOR 2017. SAME WITH DB'S!

Advertisement
It will be very interesting to see which OL come to Junior Day. Linemen usually commit earlier and abide by their commitments, so it would be nice to wrap up some targets before June.

links?

yep, that's the article I recall reading. I also read some Texas stuff, too. All very pro-Searles.

Advertisement
It will be very interesting to see which OL come to Junior Day. Linemen usually commit earlier and abide by their commitments, so it would be nice to wrap up some targets before June.

Let's see if Rumph gets Slaton and Herbert here for Junior Day....

I do like Donaldson's upside the most though. Insane for 6'5 320 to be that athletic

Bring in two bookends from south florida would be great. Donaldson and one of the palm beach kids.

Also im confident the ol coach can fetch a kid from the MD/VA area if need be...but for the first time we might could have our whole ol class locally.

A class of Donaldson, Slaton, Telfort/Drake, and another guard prospect would be BIG TIME.

I think we should bring in 4 ol recruits...because I think some will be leaving due to attrition..very soon.

Simply put, I can’t remember a better class of tackles in South Florida. There should be multiple NFL players in this group.

Kadeem Telfort- 6’7 295 pounds (Norland)- Prototypical tackle from the same school as Top 10 pick Ereck Flowers. Telfort has good feet and exceptional length. Originally committed to Miami but has since flipped to Florida and Norland alum Randy Shannon. Should be physically ready to step in and contribute as a freshman.

[HUDL]athlete/3931406/highlights/284713386[/HUDL]

Navaughn Donaldson- 6’5, 320 pounds (Central)- Big-time athlete who played some TE at the South Florida Express tryouts last month. Not as prototypically built as Telfort or Jerry Drake, but the best space player of the three. Comes from a winning program and an emerging offensive line factory at Central. Miami commitment.

[HUDL]athlete/4118673/highlights/289202421[/HUDL]

Jerry Drake- 6’7, 311 pounds (Palm Beach Gardens)- Nobody talks about this guy, but he might be the best prospect in South Florida. Drake is a 311-pound creature with natural power in his hands and his base. Alabama has offered (he is originally from the state) and I expect the nation to follow suit.

Junior Year - JERRY DRAKE JR highlights - Hudl

Kai-Leon Herbert- 6’4, 280 pounds (American Heritage)- Very good athlete who gets off the ball quickly. American Heritage may have the most talented line in the state with Herbert, Slaton and new transfer Robert Hawkins. Herbert fits best in zone-heavy blocking scheme.

Junior highlights - Kai-Leon Herbert highlights - Hudl

Antawn Lewis- 6’6, 300 pounds (Palm Beach Gardens)- Drake is a monster, but his bookend at Palm Beach Gardens is a prospect in his own right. Lewis has a strong base to anchor and good feet to mirror pass rushers.

JUNIOR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS - ANTAWN LEWIS highlights - Hudl

Michael Garofalo- 6’4, 270 pounds (Palm Beach Central)- Very good drive blocker from the same school as Kc McDermott. Could also fit in at guard.

Junior Year - Michael Garofalo highlights - Hudl

Lewis will be at Dwyer next season just so you know.

Advertisement
Back