Soccer Soccer player collapses during EURO 2020

South AfriCane

Freshman

That was super-scary stuff. For a minute there it looked like he might die on the field while the world watched. They had to do CPR and use a defibrillator to bring him back to life. Those medical personnel are freaking heroes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That was super-scary stuff. For a minute there it looked like he might die on the field while the world watched. They had to do CPR and use a defibrillator to bring him back to life. Those medical personnel are freaking heroes.

Very scary... glad to see he is alert at the hospital.

Happened to my brother in laws best friend over 10 years ago except he didn't survive. It led them to start a non profit charity in SFla called "Frankie's Foundation" with their goal to place an AED in every public park anywhere there are sports being played. So far in all the places they have placed the AED, they have been able to save 2 peoples lives.

I’m sorry to hear about your brother-in-law’s best friend. What a tragic event for his family but what a wonderful way to honor his memory. The fact that they have saved 2 lives so far is amazing. I appreciate you sharing the story with me.

We found out not too long ago that my 22 Y/O son had undiagnosed arrhythmia. This was a kid that played football & wrestled from pip squeak to HS. I'm glad that they caught it, scary $h!t nonetheless. My advice to parents of young athletes is to at least get an ECG.

Advertisement
Back